Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 03:19 PM

591 posts, read 641,369 times

Advertisements

I want to share this.

A while back I was on this "Christian" website writing in the "introduce yourself" section. In there I wrote that I have been into Buddhism since I was 23, and the thread got immidiately moved to another area where like 7-10 people took turns chastizing me, calling me a Paganist, and I was practicing the work of the devil. It was made clear to me that if I didn't turn my back on Buddhism and "repent", I would be permabanned. I faught for Buddhism right up to the bitter end. It hurt a bit to have that happen to me, I died alittle on the inside. It was kind of shocking. THen 3 days after that, I had a powerful vision of a circular stained glass window with Jesus in the middle, all done up in Tebetan Buddhist style, and I felt a great powerful love. It was like Jesus raised me up on the last day with the seal of approval, and made me a Buddha.

Since posting in this here thread yesterday, I've been having the same thing, exept I keep seeing Jesus done up in Hindu-fasion as a whole assortment of colorful deities with the face of Jesus. Like Jesus is raising me up a Hindu. Lots of Hindu love going on for me today. It feels like I struck gold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 02:52 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Jesus, Hinduism, and Buddhism was done to set up God's new church in the New Heaven and Earth. Where the deity of the Rider is created, and where Armmageddon takes place.
i still havnt got a clue what your on about,Hinduism was done??????Jesus was done??????

anyway you might like this link,http://www.yoga-philosophy.com/eng/kalki/kalki.htm

Old 04-12-2011, 02:56 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
I want to share this.

A while back I was on this "Christian" website writing in the "introduce yourself" section. In there I wrote that I have been into Buddhism since I was 23, and the thread got immidiately moved to another area where like 7-10 people took turns chastizing me, calling me a Paganist, and I was practicing the work of the devil. It was made clear to me that if I didn't turn my back on Buddhism and "repent", I would be permabanned. I faught for Buddhism right up to the bitter end. It hurt a bit to have that happen to me, I died alittle on the inside. It was kind of shocking. THen 3 days after that, I had a powerful vision of a circular stained glass window with Jesus in the middle, all done up in Tebetan Buddhist style, and I felt a great powerful love. It was like Jesus raised me up on the last day with the seal of approval, and made me a Buddha.

Since posting in this here thread yesterday, I've been having the same thing, exept I keep seeing Jesus done up in Hindu-fasion as a whole assortment of colorful deities with the face of Jesus. Like Jesus is raising me up a Hindu. Lots of Hindu love going on for me today. It feels like I struck gold.
so why do you still hang on to eternal hell beleif,its christians like that that started these thoughts of God punishing those who beleive differently,,Krishna will show you all that love too and He wont mind you loving Jesus either,and visa versa.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,143 times
I love the Hindu God deity Ganesha and by love I mean I am attracted to the image that I see and his symbolism of over-coming obstacles, knowledge, wisdom, etc... as something I admire and seek to achieve daily. That said I was raised christian and am an atheist. I want to get a tattoo of Ganesha. I do not want to go through with it if it will be offensive to anyone. I will never be religious but I do have respect for those to do. I only see it as a symbol not as a god deity so I was not sure how that would be taken. thanks in advance for you help.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,124 times
Hey there, thanks for posting this thread.
I have a question regarding Goddess Durga. I am thinking of getting a tattoo of her name in Sanskrit. I am not a praticing Hindu, so my question is, would I offened any Hindus by doing this? that is something i certinly would not want to do. I love what she stands for sort of speak (deafting deamons/fears ect.) One more thing, would I be more "in tune" with Her if I got Her Yantra instead of just her name in Sanskrit? Thanks so much for any help

Old 07-07-2011, 06:23 PM

82 posts, read 117,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandhappiness View Post
Hey there, thanks for posting this thread.
I have a question regarding Goddess Durga. I am thinking of getting a tattoo of her name in Sanskrit. I am not a praticing Hindu, so my question is, would I offened any Hindus by doing this? that is something i certinly would not want to do. I love what she stands for sort of speak (deafting deamons/fears ect.) One more thing, would I be more "in tune" with Her if I got Her Yantra instead of just her name in Sanskrit? Thanks so much for any help
It depends where you would like to have her name tattooed. If you tattoo her name "durga" and i am sure no hindus would get offended. Lot of people back in my country(india) used to tattoo the person they like most or just to keep thinking of them. its just something like this.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:58 AM

570 posts, read 733,564 times
How many Gods do Hindus Worship & Is there one of them you consider as the God of all Gods ..the creator of evrything ?
Thank u

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 07-09-2011 at 05:31 AM..

Old 07-09-2011, 05:07 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,127,785 times
Very interesting thread.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,066 times
I have multiple questions ... but answers must be given in simple and plain language and with examples if possible

1) Concept of heaven and hell
2) What do you mean , when you say soul find its divine origin ?
3) Human reborn as a human ? or some other being ?
4) What are the good things humans should do ?

Old 08-28-2011, 02:29 PM

52 posts, read 54,752 times
I always argue that a Hindu deity is any charecture in every book ever written. When they thought there were 3,000,000+ people on earth, they proclaimed there are 3,000,000+ deities. Understanding the Hindu deity is key to knowing Hinduism imo. They get called polytheists a lot. But from what I understand, They create a deity and ask the ONE God to absorb it. God in turn created the deity of Christ, and the deity of the Rider in Rev19, for us to absorb and take to influence and be inspired by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality