Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 09:01 AM

5,553 posts, read 7,996,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
When did you become so angry?
Let's throw out the "oh, so you were angry at god, huh?" argument and ask, where do you see me being angry? I WAS angry yes, but I want you to first show me where you believe I am showing anger.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 09:03 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,116,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I was a Christian. You know, every other faith had it all wrong and all that.
I have no interest in "disproving" other faiths-- what a constant distraction that would be! It would eventually ruin me mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Probably wouldn't be good fort my health, either. I could spend the rest of my natural life on a misguided quest to vindicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ by curb-stomping all the other religious idealogies. That work would never end, and all the while I'd be estranging myself from God. Tear your own heart out, kill your own soul, and the possibility of finding any holy grail recedes into blackness.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Let's throw out the "oh, so you were angry at god, huh?" argument and ask, where do you see me being angry? I WAS angry yes, but I want you to first show me where you believe I am showing anger.

Thanks
You're using anger to conceal anger.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
I have no interest in "disproving" other faiths-- what a constant distraction that would be! It would eventually ruin me mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Probably wouldn't be good fort my health, either. I could spend the rest of my natural life on a misguided quest to vindicate the Gospel of Jesus Christ by curb-stomping all the other religious idealogies. That work would never end, and all the while I'd be estranging myself from God. Tear your own heart out, kill your own soul, and the possibility of finding any holy grail recedes into blackness.
That I can understand, but when you are out there following the Great Commission (you know, trying to convince folks that Jesus is the only way), you should at least have the common decency of knowing a little about their religions IF they are in another religion or have some other belief system. It also does wake you up to the fact that other people DO have other beliefs.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
You're using anger to conceal anger.
And why do you think I am angry or was angry?

Old 11-24-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
That I can understand, but when you are out there following the Great Commission (you know, trying to convince folks that Jesus is the only way), you should at least have the common decency of knowing a little about their religions IF they are in another religion or have some other belief system. It also does wake you up to the fact that other people DO have other beliefs.
Following the Great Commission mechanically is of no interest to me. I don't want to mechanically "convert" people to Christianity like some kind of viral spore. There are all kinds of secular people out there who would rather cut their own throats than surrender their minds & hearts to Christian evangelism, and I realize that. I respect that. I don't expect to convert anyone to Christianity. I can be a Christian soldier without being a Christian stormtrooper.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
And why do you think I am angry or was angry?
You could not be atheist if you weren't. Anger is the propellant, like rocket fuel.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
You could not be atheist if you weren't. Anger is the propellant, like rocket fuel.
How about common sense and reason instead?

Old 11-24-2011, 09:34 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,254,724 times
Quote:
I was a Christian. You know, every other faith had it all wrong and all that.
So that is what convinced you that you was on the right path ?

I believe the reason why many like your good self Insane walkaway from a belief in God to wherever you maybe now is because you considered the bible to be the inerrant word of God, then became convinced that it was. Then when you came to a place where you considered and knew something was not quite right with it the authenticity of it ( which was your God moment which you missed), became convinced of the truth that the bible you believed is not inerrant , your whole house of belief came down.

Believing and being convinced that the bible is the inerrant word of God, you are but a whisper away from walking away from everything you have ever believed .

Old 11-24-2011, 09:36 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,162,080 times
Quote:
It is only statements like this that bring out any anger at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality