Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 12:23 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I speculate that the OP did not start this thread to learn anything, nor do I expect he will even return, but to start an antagonistic thread solely for the purpose of antagonizing people he disagrees with.
What? How do we know that someone is no longer a member? Then how/why did he/she get to post a thread in the first place? (I'm soooo naivé!) I was SOoo looking forward to his or her thoughtful responses!

Anyone from the Christian community want to take on that job with one summary reposté? Please. Lest I feel (OMG!) I've been wasting my time when I could be out putting a new stereo head-unit into my wife's SUV? (I AM being serious, June: I bought it, and there it sits!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 12:27 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
It says "not a member" right under their moniker

Old 12-04-2011, 12:28 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
What? How do we know that someone is no longer a member?
Look just below their handle in the OP. The user was likely banned and I think when mods ban someone they write "not a member" there.

Quote:
Then how/why did he/she get to post a thread in the first place?
When they started the thread they were a member, however, their membership must have been short lived.

Old 12-04-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Look just below their handle in the OP. The user was likely banned and I think when mods ban someone they write "not a member" there.
Do you suspect he failed to follow some rules, like perhaps he went fishing for a fight? ......... lets see, what is that called, the term is eluding me at the moment.........

Old 12-04-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Do you suspect he failed to follow some rules, like perhaps he went fishing for a fight? ......... lets see, what is that called, the term is eluding me at the moment.........
I think I can help you out with that ash......

Old 12-04-2011, 01:49 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilio- View Post
1. Why are you atheist?
2. Do you carry U$ Money since it says "IN GOD WE TRUST"?
3. Did you grow up as an atheist?
4. Do you tell people you're atheist?
5. How do you feel being an atheist?
6. Aren't you scared of what will happen to you after death?
7. What has God done to you not believe in him?
8. Could you proof that God does not exist?
9. Do you celebrate any religious holidays?
1. Why don't you believe in Thor, Odin, Zeus, Osiris, Isis, Shiva, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
2. What a stupid question. Naturally I would prefer that the government take no position endorsing religion, but the fact that it does will not stop me from participating in government activities.
3. I was born an atheist, raised as a Catholic, then saw the error of my ways.
4. Yes. Pretty much everyone who knows me knows I'm an atheist.
5. I feel great about it. I'm very glad that I don't live my life in confusion and fear.
6. No. There were billions of years before I was born and I didn't suffer during those years, so why would I think I would suffer after I no longer exist?
7. God has done nothing. Not just to me, god has literally done nothing, ever, as it does not exist.
8. No, but the burden of proof isn't on me, is it? I also can't prove unicorns don't exist but that's no evidence for the existence of unicorns.
9. I celebrate Christmas with my family. It is thoroughly enjoyable, although as I and millions of other atheists celebrate it it has absolutely no religious content.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I think I can help you out with that ash......
I had a similar (if albeit cuter) picture of that fellow that I posted early on, that is now missing. I can think of no other reason other for its disappearance than a possible computer glitch.......

Old 12-04-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I had a similar (if albeit cuter) picture of that fellow that I posted early on, that is now missing. I can think of no other reason other for its disappearance than a possible computer glitch.......
Well maybe, just maybe, I can help you out with that too. I think I remember you posting it, is this it?

I think I got it from you.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality