Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 01:37 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,330,947 times

Advertisements

Vizio must be too busy posting on other threads to be courteous or adult enough, or strong enough in his faith, to respond to my simple, direct, honest question above.

Hopefully he'll grace us with his presence on that soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 01:49 PM

1,166 posts, read 754,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I do what Monty Burns does......"Release the Hounds!"

LOL. I have two 100+ pound black large breed dogs that love to check visitors out through the glass sidelights on my front door. They also have very loud low pitched barks they use to alert me that strangers are nearby. Most of the time, the door knockers fall over themselves trying to get off my porch and property never to return. They seem to completely forget about saving my soul once 200+ pounds of dog scares the crap out of them.

A few times, they were persistent and I opened the door and explained they were free to come in and give me their best sales pitch but the dogs would be joining us too. They suddenly had other houses to get to.

Last edited by phxone; 07-14-2016 at 02:03 PM..

Old 07-14-2016, 01:58 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,971,951 times
I don't have a dog. What do you suppose would happen if I just stood there at the door and barked?

Old 07-14-2016, 02:01 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,169,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Vizio must be too busy posting on other threads to be courteous or adult enough, or strong enough in his faith, to respond to my simple, direct, honest question above.

Hopefully he'll grace us with his presence on that soon.
What question is that?

Old 07-14-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What question is that?
Quote:
Do you have the irrational fear of vacuum salesmen, too...
Quote:
Where is this "irrational fear?"
Quote:
We've got 18 pages so far of people expressing that irrational fear. I'd encourage you to go back and read some of the statements.
Quote:
Well, you are engaging in a relatively adult discussion. You should know how this works. You make a claim ("Ooh! All these nasty nonbelievers with their irrational fears of us baaad ol' Christians coming and knocking on their door!") so now you get to either admit you're just talking out your behind or you can post some quotes of what you consider people expressing "irrational fears." You claim there's 18 pages of them, so it should be easy.

Your job now is to either back up your claim with proof and evidence (two things you clearly reject and fail to understand) or admit you're just full of hype and BS. Again.

Waiting to see what you provide for examples of all these irrational fears people have expressed. Thanks in advance for putting forth the modicum of effort needed to prevent yourself looking like a simpering liar. Not calling you a simpering liar--just saying if you want to avoid looking like one, based on the claims you made, here's your chance.
Okay, more of a request than a strict "question." But still holds.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:17 PM

1,166 posts, read 754,188 times
Quote:
We've got 18 pages so far of people expressing that irrational fear. I'd encourage you to go back and read some of the statements.

If anything, I've been quite clear that I am not pushy and I am not advocating anyone being pushy. Yet, on the other hand, some people need to get some intestinal to learn to tell people "no".

I guess it depends on how you define pushy. I consider it pushy and rude to come to my door uninvited presumptuously telling me how to live my life. Is it really so hard just to leave people alone and mind your own business?

You keep accusing people of having an irrational fear of religious zealots. I will tell you that I have no fear of them, just intense anger that some asshat thinks it is appropriate to come to my house and critique the way I live and what I believe.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:18 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,169,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
I guess it depends on how you define pushy. I consider it pushy and rude to come to my door uninvited presumptuously telling me how to live my life. Is it really so hard just to leave people alone and mind your own business?
You must REALLY hate Girl Scout Cookie season. I'm guessing you don't come out of your house for weeks!

Old 07-14-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
You must REALLY hate Girl Scout Cookie season. I'm guessing you don't come out of your house for weeks!
Oh man, Thin Mints though. Sayin'.

Old 07-14-2016, 02:21 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,913,441 times
Put a small sign by the doorbell.........

"If this house is a rockin......don't bother a knockin"

Old 07-14-2016, 02:52 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,829,153 times
Step one: Answer the door naked.
Step two: There is no step two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality