Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:23 PM

939 posts, read 1,024,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
We are talking one billion cubic miles of water here dude. Don't be ridiculous! Where did it all go? If you are going to say it all went back into the Earth then why isn't it there now?
It's in the oceans. Flatten out the mountains and fill in the valleys of the deep and the water level would be a LOT higher than it is now.
Quote:

In which time the timbers he laid on day one would have rotted away.

How so? The air was good and dry in the region. I used to live in a house build in the early 1900's and the wood was in great condition.
Quote:

His 'household' consisted of 8 people. Noah, his wife, their three sons and their wives.

Speculation (commonly known as 'clutching at straws) that has no support in your Bible
So you don't think his sons had kids?
Quote:

We're not talking 'breeds' here. We are talking species. Two elephants, two giraffes, two etc. etc.

yup. and modern science has a lot different view of what a "species" is today than what the types were then.
Quote:

Of course there would have been millions. There are millions of species in existence now. Many millions have gone extinct and there are millions still not discovered. ALL must be accounted for or they would have been destroyed in the flood.

How many species of giraffe do we have? Not every one of them went on the ark.
Quote:

The salinity of the water is irrelevant. All plants were submerged under water for a year. With the exception of a few water plants, plants do not survive underwater.....salt or fresh.
Some would survive on flotsam. Others would survive underwater. For 150 days....6 months. (Gen 8:3)
Quote:

It is if the lake floods the plants for a year. In addition there would have been a massive amount of mud in the water....covering the plants and destroying them. How would plants survive being buried under mud?
6 months. And I've seen plants survive for a long time underwater. Plus, as we said before, no reason to believe every "species" of plant had to survive, or that every "species" we have now was alive then.
Quote:
The olive leaf grew??? What...on a tree that had been submerged under water and mud for a year????
6 months. And I have no problem with believing that God allowed an olive tree to survive.
Quote:
Ummmm...no mate, you're not getting it We have unbroken Egyptian and Chinese records going back to, through and before the time of your flood. How did the Egyptians manage to carry out some of their greatest monument building whilst being five miles under water.
How do you know that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
He said 'Goddunit'.
No. I didn't. Please stop lying. I know it's what you guys just do...but please try.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:30 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,849,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
No. I didn't. Please stop lying.
Yes you did. In post 69 you said...

"They had instructions from God."

...and...

"God provided for the animals to come to him."

Old 12-12-2011, 02:43 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
The real story of Noah's ark....

Noah's Ark-God, Giraffes & Genocide - YouTube

Old 12-12-2011, 02:44 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,849,571 times
Quote:
It's in the oceans. Flatten out the mountains and fill in the valleys of the deep and the water level would be a LOT higher than it is now.
Huh???

Quote:
So you don't think his sons had kids?
"In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah’s wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark."

So you think Noah's grandchildren helped build the ark and then he sailed away and left them to drown.

Quote:
How many species of giraffe do we have? Not every one of them went on the ark.
Then how do we get the species that we have today. If they were not on the ark, how did they come about....evolution?

Quote:
Some would survive on flotsam. Others would survive underwater. For 150 days....6 months.
...and you think that enough would survive to feed the millions of animals that disembarked?

Quote:
6 months. And I've seen plants survive for a long time underwater. Plus, as we said before, no reason to believe every "species" of plant had to survive, or that every "species" we have now was alive then.
If they did not survive, how do we have them today?

Quote:
6 months. And I have no problem with believing that God allowed an olive tree to survive.
'Goddunit' again huh?

Quote:
How do you know that?
How do I know what...that the Egyptians and Chinese were around before, during and after your flood?

Old 12-12-2011, 02:50 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Thumbs down !!! Noah's ark found !!!!!

Again?

Old 12-12-2011, 02:58 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,178 times
Quote:
No. I didn't. Please stop lying. I know it's what you guys just do...but please try.
Yes, you did. It is a perfect summation of your "explanation."

Old 12-12-2011, 03:27 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,586,979 times
Quote:
So the Bible is lying???? I'm shocked!
It sure has people pegged though.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Yes, you did. It is a perfect summation of your "explanation."
You lying too?

Old 12-12-2011, 03:29 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,586,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
It's scientifically impossible, for any number of reasons that we have expressed many other times in many other threads on these boards. The biblical flood and the story of Noah's ark are impossible.
Ice melts, waters raise...just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality