U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 12-31-2011, 05:15 PM
 
3,614 posts, read 1,609,302 times
Reputation: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
But it is heart-shaped and I got it today, on the day we are discussing heart-shaped objects in nature. And from a sister I haven't seen in years!
Hallelujah!

 
Old 12-31-2011, 05:25 PM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 1,506,939 times
Reputation: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Hallelujah!

Can't evolve that way, because it's not alive in the first place. Even chemicals are more alive than that.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
7,740 posts, read 6,377,204 times
Reputation: 3165
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
can't evolve that way, because it's not alive in the first place. Even chemicals are more alive than that.
Those are chemicals.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 05:31 PM
 
3,614 posts, read 1,609,302 times
Reputation: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Those are chemicals.
Comprised of Boron and Sulfur?
 
Old 12-31-2011, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
7,740 posts, read 6,377,204 times
Reputation: 3165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Comprised of Boron and Sulfur?
Hydrogen and oxygen. Water vapor, since he responded to a follow-up of my post. But then again, this is coming from someone that is having serious translation problems and whose posts tend to be meaningless gibberish. It's as if he has a completely different word for almost everything. He may not even have meant to use the word, "chemicals." Who knows, for sure?
 
Old 12-31-2011, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Toronto, ON
2,333 posts, read 1,506,939 times
Reputation: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Comprised of Boron and Sulfur?

Sulfur is a chemical; boron is an element of temporary substantiality. This is the strictly natural environment.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
7,740 posts, read 6,377,204 times
Reputation: 3165
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
Sulfur is a chemical; boron is an element of temporary substantiality. This is the strictly natural environment.
Sulfur is an element.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 05:52 PM
 
3,614 posts, read 1,609,302 times
Reputation: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Sulfur is an element.
Yes, B and S are both elements. Apparently, there is no element symbol "L," so I had to improvise.
 
Old 12-31-2011, 06:23 PM
 
646 posts, read 282,147 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Bunnyboy,

You are setting up and burning your strawman, again.

Evolution is a process that happens to SPECIES. What you are asking for is individuals.
Then what was that fiasco about a single snake with legs?
Quote:
It is like the easily observable shift in population of a forest, say from pine trees to maple trees and you are asking for a tree that is half maple and half pine. That is silly, since the process of tree shift does not require half of one species and half of another.
If you are saying that pine trees eventully become maple trees, I will still tell you that is nonsense!
Quote:
THE EXACT SAME WAY EVOLUTION DOES NOT REQUIRE HALF OF ONE SPECIES AND HALF OF ANOTHER.
Evolution cannot require anything and that is because evolution is a myth.


(\__/)
( )
>(^)<

Wilson
 
Old 12-31-2011, 06:29 PM
 
3,614 posts, read 1,609,302 times
Reputation: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsoncole View Post
Then what was that fiasco about a single snake with legs?

If you are saying that pine trees eventully become maple trees, I will still tell you that is nonsense!

Evolution cannot require anything and that is because evolution is a myth.


(\__/)
( )
>(^)<

Wilson
We can tell when someone has no idea what they are talking about with regards to the Theory of Evolution--whether they accept it or not--when they use lines like that. You want Cat-dogs and Crocoducks--or now in your case, Maple-pine trees--that the theory never claims can happen. That is a hallmark of Creationist ignorance.

If you even remotely want to pretend to have a semi-serious discussion about Evolution, you at least have to understand the basics.

And of course, let us not forget, even if one disproved the theory of Evolution, this is not evidence for Creationism. It never has nor will be such, unless the evidence that disproves Evolution is evidence for creationism, itself a rather interesting task.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top