Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 07:59 PM

70 posts, read 88,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Woody, do you understand where this guy is coming from?

Do you as a Muslim find people like this embarrassing?
no i do not find this embarrassing
I see the clear fact how the Christian try hardly to convince themselves that their religion is the right They rely on the spiritual aspect Without the investigation of the truth their basic follow without ask why - how the different between Islam and the other first of all Islam call people to believe by whom created every thing [1god] not The mystery of tricky three parts in one the important they have the same concept of us the god is one but they like to add mystify i saw on TV Declaration about soap [ cleans up - give good smell and economic ]like Christian 3 in one we have many miracles that prove that quran from god while the others have none the rules of Islam is Fair to all the people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 07:59 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,023,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Woodrow it is 4 posts of endless cut and paste. Nothing but something taken from another source.

You really don't find this at all strange on the part of Muslims that they do this on forums?
I can see it as confusing. The difficulty is when one tries to communicate outside their Native Language. My Brother has reasonable good command of English, but uses cut and paste in hopes of expressing himself better.

His Cut and paste is an attempt to give an understanding of what the Video is about.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:08 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,031,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I can see it as confusing. The difficulty is when one tries to communicate outside their Native Language. My Brother has reasonable good command of English, but uses cut and paste in hopes of expressing himself better.

His Cut and paste is an attempt to give an understanding of what the Video is about.

Well in my opinion all these sorts of posts do is make Muslims come across as being unable to communicate.

It does not make a point, in my opinion it give folks reasons to discount what is being said.

Muslims would do well to learn the art of communication without cutting and pasting if they want to be heard.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:11 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,582,380 times
Wow!, Allah is amazing!. Blowing up statues is so cool!. How many pushups can the guy do? (Gosh... I hope he doesn't blast me to smithereens)

Old 12-28-2011, 08:15 PM

Here are some other links to the Story and other views:

Ohio's Jesus statue is latest religious statue to be struck by lightning

Lightning strike destroys Touchdown Jesus statue

6-story Jesus statue in Ohio struck by lightning

Old 12-28-2011, 08:16 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,350,824 times
Woodrow, you're a rarity on these web boards - a Muslim who not only cuts and pastes the source material, but also expresses his own thoughtfully laid out ideas on these subjects. I think it's the lack of personal commentary that is driving jazzymom to think these other Muslims have no credibility.

But you? You're the bomb (no Muslim joke need be inserted here)!

Old 12-28-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Woodrow, you're a rarity on these web boards - a Muslim who not only cuts and pastes the source material, but also expresses his own thoughtfully laid out ideas on these subjects. I think it's the lack of personal commentary that is driving jazzymom to think these other Muslims have no credibility.

But you? You're the bomb (no Muslim joke need be inserted here)!

I don't bother to even read past the first few sentences. Most of the time they are just a jumble of ayats from the Qur'an and no real commentary or thought.

I do wish more would express their opinions and thoughts that are a party line or lines of ayats.

Woodrow is a rarity here.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Well in my opinion all these sorts of posts do is make Muslims come across as being unable to communicate.

It does not make a point, in my opinion it give folks reasons to discount what is being said.

Muslims would do well to learn the art of communication without cutting and pasting if they want to be heard.
I may be a little more sympathetic as I often post on some Arabic Language Forums. Not only is my Arabic Grammar poor, I have a hard time using the online Arabic keyboard and very often resort to cut and paste. It is frustrating to try to communicate with people who use another language, but on occasion the hearing a kind word makes it worthwhile.

Here is the online Keyboard I use

Arabic Keyboard â„¢ ???? ???????? ???????

It is slow and tedious especially since I do not use Arabic on a regular basis and my spoken Arabic is in the Darija Dialect not much understood outside of Morocco.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I don't bother to even read past the first few sentences. Most of the time they are just a jumble of ayats from the Qur'an and no real commentary or thought.

I do wish more would express their opinions and thoughts that are a party line or lines of ayats.

Woodrow is a rarity here.
A difficulty us Muslims have in explaining Islam and the Qur'an is a fear of making an error. We consider it to be a very grave sin if we mislead a non Muslim. For many of us the way we avoid this is by copying what was written by others.

While on Muslim Forums we are comfortable with discussing our views and opinions we get hesitant when speaking with people who are not Muslim. there is always a self conscious fear that what we say will be taken as representative of all Muslims. No Muslim can speak for all. We can only give our own opinions and take the criticism or praise that comes from doing so. It can be a bit of a scary world especially if you have little in common with the people you are trying to speak with.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
A difficulty us Muslims have in explaining Islam and the Qur'an is a fear of making an error. We consider it to be a very grave sin if we mislead a non Muslim. For many of us the way we avoid this is by copying what was written by others.

While on Muslim Forums we are comfortable with discussing our views and opinions we get hesitant when speaking with people who are not Muslim. there is always a self conscious fear that what we say will be taken as representative of all Muslims. No Muslim can speak for all. We can only give our own opinions and take the criticism or praise that comes from doing so. It can be a bit of a scary world especially if you have little in common with the people you are trying to speak with.

None of us knows everything about our religions. As a Jew I don't know everything about my religion. I am constant learning and I have views that others more traditional Jews won't have.

As you have said there are 4 madhabs and we all know even within Islam there are shia, sunni, sufi and salafi.

And you have said that each Muslim needs to examine what they see and come to what they see as the truth.

I would think that Muslims who do this would at least be able to speak about their religion without cutting and pasting endless ayats.

All Muslims are not going to have the same views on their religion. there are the 5 pillars beyond that there is a whole religion to learn about.

Mistakes and differences will be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality