Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 10:15 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,023,682 times

Advertisements

The "who created god" question is not a literal question but is usually a rhetorical question used as a way to put theists' fallacies in perspective. Often it goes:

theist: "the universe had to be created by something, because you can't have something come from nothing. Thus God exists"

atheist/skeptic: "So if something can't come from nothing, then where did God come from?"

theist: "God always existed."

atheist/skeptic: "well why couldn't it just be that the universe has always existed?"

I haven't yet heard a good answer to the last question there yet. At least we know the universe is real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 01:54 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,155,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
Yet..you guys show up here in droves daily to try to bash the God that gave you life. You guys seem like you want to disprove him. At least in the way you act.

No, we come here to "bash" (i.e. tell the truth about) an aModerator cut: edit character Moderator cut: edit whom you like to refer to as "God".

A character that whomever or whatever gave us life has no connection with whatsoever.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-01-2012 at 10:28 AM..

Old 12-30-2011, 02:48 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,594,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
How humiliating.
How is admitting you're wrong and apologizing, humiliating? I understand that honesty and being humble aren't character traits that the atheist community likes to practice, but my respect for this guy has only increased.

I love how his voice bothers you all so much. He brings up very good points, yet you talk about his voice? How childish.

If we wanted to compare annoying voices and attitudes then I don't think venom's can hold a candle to Dawkins and the majority of you atheists here haughty attitudes. Just saying.

All of the arguments against what he says are ALL missing the point of the video. Blindness everywhere!

Have fun all

Old 12-30-2011, 02:57 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,887,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
All of the arguments against what he says are ALL missing the point of the video. Blindness everywhere!
Several of us spent time posting arguments showing errors in the video you posted, and instead of forming an intelligent rebuttal, all you say is that our arguments are "ALL missing the point of the video. Blindness everywhere!"

How about trying to show us where we are arguments are not right?

Old 12-30-2011, 02:58 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,684,540 times
Quote:
The only thing "silly" is the millions of times you all like to use the so called insult .... "bronze age goat herders" like that will change our minds.
If you are posting the illogical ramblings of a mentally imbalanced teenager like VFX, as your evidence, no one wants to change your mind and have you on our side. It would detract from our position.

How can you post videos from such a deranged, self-admitted liar as VFX?

Old 12-30-2011, 03:02 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,684,540 times
Quote:
How is admitting you're wrong and apologizing, humiliating? I understand that honesty and being humble aren't character traits that the atheist community likes to practice, but my respect for this guy has only increased.

I love how his voice bothers you all so much. He brings up very good points, yet you talk about his voice? How childish.

If we wanted to compare annoying voices and attitudes then I don't think venom's can hold a candle to Dawkins and the majority of you atheists here haughty attitudes. Just saying.

Have fun all
Oh I see why he appeals to you, you are lying too.

Multiple posts regarding the exact flaws I his logic have been given to you and instead you pretend those don't exist. Maybe you ARE VFX yourself. It explains a lot.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:15 PM

2,885 posts, read 5,231,986 times
Quote:
Did you not watch the video? He says "I accept that I have deliberately and repeatedly lied to cover up my wrongdoings, both in e-mails to Thunderf00t and in my videos" and he admits that he falsely accused Thunderf00t of blackmail and having spread his personal information (which Thunderf00t did not even possess). And before you praise him for admitting to his mistakes, this was hardly his own initiative (remember, he deliberately lied about this for weeks). This video was the result of a legal dispute and as he says: "We have resolved that dispute and as part of the resolution I am here to express my sincere regret for the misuse of the DMCA" (0:20).

The fact that you see VenomFangx as the "good guy" in this story and that your respect for him has only increased after knowing what he did, says a lot about you.

Quote:
Then tell us what very good points he brought up according to you because I haven't heard them. In fact, I pointed out a long list of all of the false, illogical or unverifiable assumptions he made in one of my earlier posts. Do you disagree that these assumptions do not hold and if so, why? I'm curious to hear your own opinion on this.

Quote:
Dawkins does sound a bit presumptious but I think it's mostly the accent. I don't blame him for getting frustrated with Creationists sometimes, imagine being a geographer and constantly having to argue with people who insist that the world is flat because the bible says so? This is exactly the same situation.

By the way, I think Creationists are far more haughty in their attitudes than atheists. Nothing is more arrogant than dismissing mountains of evidence when they conflict with your beliefs, pretending like your knowledge of physics and biology is greater than the experts in these fields who have dedicated their lives to studying it, acting like you are morally superiour just because you believe in an ancient book, and threatening anyone who disagrees with your views with eternal torture.

Quote:
Then what is the point of this video, according to you?

Old 12-31-2011, 03:13 PM

2,441 posts, read 3,424,206 times
This post reads like little kids wishing that mommy and daddy would leave so that they can play. What is really the intent of proving that there is no God? What do we as humankind accomplish if we confirm that there is no authority above us?? And if this is possible, now what, being that we have always failed miserably at governing ourselves?

But then what if we did believe and accept what is in the bible as truth and that there is an almighty creator interested in what happens to us as his family? What would be the dreadful revelation that we as a people seem to be so affraid of? That we would have to change something about ourselve that would prove mankind really is not omniscient?

Old 12-31-2011, 04:35 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,708,685 times
Quote:
This is a common question among the intelligentsia in the atheist community in an effort to debunk the creation/creator belief.

It is easily debunked here in layman terms...

Who Created God? Where Did God Come From? Proof of God - YouTube

i will debunk your vid in a few words

if you take a piece of matter, atoms, tangible piece of material, etc.. and split it in half, and keep splitting the halves into halves.. you theoretically can not end up with an end..>>so can you explain to me what happens with the last half of mater if there is one, if it has an end??? can it be split.. and if it can what happens to it?? does it just go poof and disappear??

so if i split matter in halves continuously for eternity that would make me a god..

Old 12-31-2011, 06:08 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,870,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Didn't watched the video yet, however, got was created in your own mind to explain the unknown.
WOW, in my 8 months posting here on the R&P board at City-Data, I dont know as I've ever seen such a simply put but so completely accurate comment as this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality