Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 11:23 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,023,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are waffling...We are not talking about failed attempts here...At least have the courtesy to admit that you are wrong.
I was talking about failed attempts. As I stated I was talking about the findings of those I interviewed. I do not believe I have ever spoken to a person who had completed a suicide.

Among those I have spoken to the overwhelming majority were the result of anger over a a failed relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 11:46 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,715,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Suicide is nearly always the last act of hatred a person makes. It is not deep depression or pain that results in suicide, it is a desire for revenge that is the final reason. An indisputable way of saying "I hate all of you bastions and this is how much I hate you and you can't do a blasted thing about it, so there, this will fix your little red wagon."

That is what is wrong with suicide, it is not a release it is the succumbing to hatred. It is not the winning of control over life, it is loosing to bitterness and letting hatred become all encompassing.
Quote:
I was talking about failed attempts. As I stated I was talking about the findings of those I interviewed. I do not believe I have ever spoken to a person who had completed a suicide.

Among those I have spoken to the overwhelming majority were the result of anger over a a failed relationship.
Don't lie. You were not talking about failed attempts in your first post, you were making a broad sweeping statement.

Either which way you try to recover from your major faux pas, you were simply wrong and trite about it Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 01-02-2012 at 02:55 PM..

Old 01-02-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Don't lie. You were not talking about failed attempts in your first post, you were making a broad sweeping statement.

Either which way you try to recover from your major faux pas, you were simply wrong and trite about it Moderator cut: orphaned
I said all I will say on the subject. .My words stand as I wrote them and that is my view. Disagree if you feel they are in error, but they are what I have observed.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-02-2012 at 02:57 PM..

Old 01-02-2012, 01:02 PM

912 posts, read 825,553 times
Good postings. Very good.

If hatred is required.....hatred will be found ...even among an innocent cry. The smallest and most defenceless in all to be found. The little ones, reduced by pain and suffer.

We must become as children to wander & wonder freely. Free from the need for hatred. Those who hurt the little ones reduced and comprised by pain and suffering in thought or deed or allocation of demise for self worth, are the least of all in honor........

......( anger is not a simple straight forward dynamic and is being mis-understood in an un-educated manner by possible preference. I do not know where the possibility in preference is determined and it is none of my buisness, which allows for criticism of the mind set....not the inner person.

Humbly.....This is a mistake Woodrow and requires re-evaluation and honesty in thought.

A collapsed cry cannot be evil......it is entirely illogical.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 01-02-2012 at 01:34 PM..

Old 01-02-2012, 01:28 PM

641 posts, read 556,796 times
I want to know what happens in the afterlife, if such a thing exists.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:34 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,891,958 times
Default This!

You have to wear a sandwich board that proclaims, in bright Red Letters:

"I did the dirty deed but snuck in here anyhow. Musta been my generous tithing!"

Old 01-02-2012, 01:52 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,128,665 times
Quote:
I will concede that long term pain and/or depression will render a person without the capacity to understand the finality of suicide and render them incapable of making a responsible choice.
I think suicide can be a very responsible choice when one is terminally ill and in pain. Your religion doubtlessly tells you that it is irresponsible, but I don't agree. The people know what they are doing.

Of course it's final. That's the whole idea. And of course it has nothing to do with hatred in most cases.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Your religion doubtlessly tells you that it is irresponsible,
At last somebody recognizes the Qur'an does not tell us to strap on explosives and become suicide bombers.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:57 PM

896 posts, read 1,862,464 times
Quote:
Suicide is nearly always the last act of hatred a person makes. It is not deep depression or pain that results in suicide, it is a desire for revenge that is the final reason. An indisputable way of saying "I hate all of you bastions and this is how much I hate you and you can't do a blasted thing about it, so there, this will fix your little red wagon."

That is what is wrong with suicide, it is not a release it is the succumbing to hatred. It is not the winning of control over life, it is loosing to bitterness and letting hatred become all encompassing.
Showing your lack of psychiatric knowledge!

The act of suicide is that of an individual whose mind is temporarily unbalanced due to a lot of reasons.... despair... deep depression.

I work on a helpline and can tell you I have never dealt with anyone who speaks of hatred in the way you have outlined it above.

So perhaps you will tell us where your position on this comes from?

Old 01-02-2012, 03:00 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,072,688 times
in response to the original question it is my belief that one gets their life evaluation immediately from God and He alone determines if your soul joins him in heaven or some other plane as a consequence for taking your own life---my opinion as one that has had an nde
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality