Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 05:50 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,619,859 times

Advertisements

I will be working Saturday thru Monday........ Not happy about it, but someone has to be there, right? Hubby and the kids will more than likely spend time at the community lake. Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 06:05 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Same here, ILNC. Kinda same ol', same ol'. My husband and I are going to be leading a grief recovery class at the end of September and sign - up at church starts this Sunday. We have to get some stuff together for that this week-end.

I'm just glad to be off Monday. I used to be receptionist at a car dealership and had to work these holidays like eufo said. It was kinda a fun job but I hated working holidays. The guys just kinda said, "welcome to the world of retail!" Well, to that!

I kinda liked dojilyn's camping plans (what am I saying- I've never camped out in my life!?) But it sounded good being outdoors and with close friends and all... if it would be some place cool! I thought mams plans sounded fun too...again with the same caveat...if it is someplace cool! Same for Jeff's state fair!
Ah, kaykay...would you like to see the forcast for tomorrow?

Old 08-31-2007, 06:30 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,815,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Ah, kaykay...would you like to see the forcast for tomorrow?
Ahh Jeff I see you got your computer working at home...I'm glad. But kindly do not use your new access to taunt us about your great weather...all I know is I'm hot and you're not...and I'm not liking you for that.

We have no plans. We could have gone to the beach but I decided it was more important to be here this Sunday to attend the mass for the new pastor of the new church we joined. I thought it was kind of cool that he is starting the same time as us. On the bright side we also won't have to deal with all that traffic, so it was not only the right choice but a less stressful one at that.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:07 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
Hi, I've had some really bad back broblems happen over the last week and I can barely move. I will try to reply when I feel ok. I'm still alive and will try to reply.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:17 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Sorry that you are in pain Mg..I send comforting, and get well thoughts your way..

Old 08-31-2007, 07:27 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,667,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Hi, I've had some really bad back broblems happen over the last week and I can barely move. I will try to reply when I feel ok. I'm still alive and will try to reply.
So happy to see you are up enough to post again. I hope your back gets better really soon. DH went thru back injuries and pain for years so I know you are in a bad way dear....

aiangel

Old 08-31-2007, 07:28 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Oh no, you have to get that cleared up by the 28th!

Old 08-31-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I'm just glad to be off Monday. I used to be receptionist at a car dealership and had to work these holidays like eufo said. It was kinda a fun job but I hated working holidays. The guys just kinda said, "welcome to the world of retail!" Well, to that!
Well if you think working Labor Day is bad...don't ever enter the world of medical care...we nurses work all the holidays...I'm sure the car dealerships are at least closed on Christmas and hopefully Thanksgiving. I actually don't mind working Thanksgiving, New Years or 4th of July or any other one...but Christmas is rough...I only have a few more years of Santa Clause here and really don't want to miss any of them! Thankfully I work nights so I am home by 8am...but it's still makes for a very tired Christmas day and if I am due back that same night I have to get them up, do the presents, then sleep and leave...not much of a holiday.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your back, take many drugs and feel better soon!

BTW - I think if you really asked nice June would rub it for ya.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:54 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Sorry to hear about your back, take many drugs and feel better soon!
Dear Sweet Montana:

Listen to Irishmom!!! She's a NURSE! (June has been telling him for five days now that he needs some sort of pain med, however...Men!)

In the meantime, however, I hope "Sweet June's" voice helps...

Take gentle care! (And you know I mean it!)

xo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality