Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:31 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,687,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Watch the movie but be warned it is British humour. They have a redneck king of the galaxy too.
Really? I missed that one. I know the Galactic president was a Mega hippie with two heads and the Ruler lived on a sorta galactic equivalent of a Hebridean island with his cat (I always imagined him wearing a Peter Grimes jersey). I imagine that the idea that the purpose of the galactic presidency being to distract attention away from who was actually running the universe might strike a note with our Transatlantic cousins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post

Tell me your story w/o using the letter "I"
I once read an article complaining that someone's conversation contained the word 'I' (or letter I if you insist) thirty times. But really, 'I' is the only person that the individual is competent to talk about. And perhaps not even then.

It follows that conversations containing the word 'He' thirty or so times carry no persuasive weight at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 05:42 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,545 times
Just for the record, I am one of those deconverts who deconverted at the HEIGHT of my Christian experience. I was NOT mad at god for the multiple hundreds of unanswered prayers. I was NOT mad at the pastor. I was NOT disillusioned by "hypocrites in the church." Life was good and church was very enjoyable. But it all came crashing down when it hit me that the [alleged] most important figure in history, may NOT have ever existed in the capacity the bible claims.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:51 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
I've had more then one Christian tell me that there is no such thing as an ex-Christian. If you say you were a Christian at one time & walked away then you were never really a believer.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:43 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I've had more then one Christian tell me that there is no such thing as an ex-Christian. If you say you were a Christian at one time & walked away then you were never really a believer.
That is just not true.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:00 AM

16,660 posts, read 15,651,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post

With all of the I's in there you can see clearly that you are under the guise of humanism
Are you referring to his narrative or to the Sinatra song lyrics?

Old 01-09-2012, 07:59 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,733,492 times
Quote:
Merely a pathetic attempt by feeble minds to discredit one's experience.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:44 AM

11,755 posts, read 14,643,030 times
Quote:
On a related note, if you used to think red was your favorite color and now your favorite color is blue, red was never really your favorite color.

If you used to think cheesecake was your favorite dessert and now your favorite dessert is chocolate mousse, cheesecake was never really your favorite dessert.

If you used to be 5'2" tall and now you're 5'11" you were never really 5'2".

Old 01-09-2012, 10:09 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,653,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
On a related note, if you used to think red was your favorite color and now your favorite color is blue, red was never really your favorite color.

If you used to think cheesecake was your favorite dessert and now your favorite dessert is chocolate mousse, cheesecake was never really your favorite dessert.

Boy don't you just love this, here somebody is trying to tell you about you and don't even know you....... If at one point in time your favorite color was red, of course it was your favorite color at the time and now your favorite color is blue, because now you have discovered that color, but red was still your favorite color at one point in time and if cheesecake was your favorite dessert at one point in time that does not mean it was not your favorite dessert at that time, it just means your taste has changed and now chocolate mousse is your favorite dessert, same with being 5' 2", you had to be 5'2" at one time before you became 5' 11" otherwise you would have never made it to 5'11". Common sense tells you that....

Old 01-09-2012, 10:33 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,773,535 times
Quote:

Have you ever thought you were driving the right way, only to find out your destination is in a different direction?

Old 01-09-2012, 10:41 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,210,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Have you ever thought you were driving the right way, only to find out your destination is in a different direction?
That is a rhetorical question right?

If not, the answer is, yes. That is why I am an atheist today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality