Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 09:18 AM

10,604 posts, read 11,637,396 times

Advertisements

[quote=Flem125;22506446]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post

He's not
It's not
No it isn't
No it doesn't
Do some real research and try to learn something
You shouldn't be so closed minded and always forcing your atheistic beliefs on everyone
Atheists would be more likable if they would just live like they expect everyone else to live
Seems as though you still haven't learned anything, I'm not an atheist and I do believe in a Creator, only not yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 11:38 AM

511 posts, read 489,759 times
[quote=ptsum;22510985]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem125 View Post

Seems as though you still haven't learned anything, I'm not an atheist and I do believe in a Creator, only not yours.
And where have you learned who my creator is?

Old 01-12-2012, 11:45 AM

511 posts, read 489,759 times
[quote=ptsum;22510985]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flem125 View Post

Oops...hit submit too quick.
So...insert whatever self-descriptive adjective you wish. The point remains the same.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:55 PM

[quote=Flem125;22513753]
Quote:

Oops...hit submit too quick.
So...insert whatever self-descriptive adjective you wish. The point remains the same.

The truth of the matter is, is that you know absolutely nothing about me or my beliefs, you're assuming that I am a Christian as one of your previous posts indicate, nothing could be further from the truth. Before you go about making accusations or assumptions about people of whom you know nothing about maybe you should ask some questions and learn a little bit about the people that you seem to want to make comments about. Now at this point you still know nothing about me accept the fact that I am not a Christian and I assume that it's going to stay that way unless you have some questions you wish to ask and then maybe you might get some information to be able to make a better informed comment.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:35 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,533,909 times
Christians long-winded and verbose? Not necessarily. Obtuse--without question. They aren't especially interested in taking "No" for an answer, especially when they're trying to "save" you and you aren't jumping on board. (Being told that I'm going to spend eternity in Hell because I won't accept Jesus as my "savior" is not the sort of thing to inspire my trust).

Old 01-13-2012, 11:33 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,593,980 times
Quote:
How quickly we soon forget. Are these not your words?
Condoned means allow. I think you read it as condemned.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Condoned means allow. I think you read it as condemned.

And just what is it you hope to accomplish by adding your 2¢ worth to a situation that had already been solved? Is it the fact that you wanted to hear your own voice? Or see something in print by you? You know it never ceases to amaze me how some people seem to think that they have to make a comment over a situation that does not involve them to begin with. I made no mistake in what my response was and I know exactly what I said, so who are you to try and tell me what I said or what I mean, my response was not directed to you and the individual I responded to understood me completely. I wonder, do you make it a habit to randomly pick out a post and make a comment that has nothing to do with you...

Old 01-13-2012, 10:26 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,593,980 times
Quote:
And just what is it you hope to accomplish by adding your 2¢ worth to a situation that had already been solved?
There was nothing to solve in the first place. I just wanted to point out that you were wrong...sorry.

Quote:
You know it never ceases to amaze me how some people seem to think that they have to make a comment over a situation that does not involve them to begin with.
That is the wonder of a public forum. It involves anyone that is reading the posts. I am a follower of Christ. So if I feel you are misrepresenting the savior of the world, I will let you know.

Quote:
I made no mistake in what my response was
Yes you did.

Quote:
so who are you to try and tell me what I said
It doesn't matter who I am. The quote feature is there for a reason.

Quote:
I wonder, do you make it a habit to randomly pick out a post and make a comment that has nothing to do with you...
There was nothing random about it.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:34 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
to be fair to christians, minus the jerry falwell factor , the christians just dont pump as much wrath and hate as i see in the "atheist" threads.
now that u mention it, i dont see much wrath and hate on buddist or islam threads either. just the non believer threads, atheists. which is really strange bek i know some atheists they are not like the CDF forum people at all. my atheist friends are really nice. i think a bunch of ex christians got on CDF and just sounded off. just my opinion.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:01 AM

33,514 posts, read 37,057,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
to be fair to christians, minus the jerry falwell factor , the christians just dont pump as much wrath and hate as i see in the "atheist" threads.
now that u mention it, i dont see much wrath and hate on buddist or islam threads either. just the non believer threads, atheists. which is really strange bek i know some atheists they are not like the CDF forum people at all. my atheist friends are really nice. i think a bunch of ex christians got on CDF and just sounded off. just my opinion.
That is just a collection of meadow muffins...I have READ the Christian forum, so you are fooling nobody...I far fewer personal attacks from atheists than any other group...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality