U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 05:34 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,357,638 times

Advertisements

Since this is a sticky situation and most wise persons would opt to avoid
this, it is and has to be done, as I understand this Judging is just something
we all as homosapiens do. There is always a standard in a particular thing,
in order to make decisions we first must judge according to our ownperception
starting at birth right or wrong,( good or bad) to leave a grey area here is to
not make a decision at all. As far as religion goes someone has to set the standard and for me personally God has set this for me according to his word,
Even though there are some that will say "you cannot judge a person,you don't know their heart .
this is the popular phrase of unbelievers, (I've used it before many times prior to being a believer in Christ). "Well.., Only God can judge their heart" and this
may seem true. think about this scenario. You see a practicing harlot
Would you say " Well I really can't judge her heart "? The same concept in
religion Could you be one who opposes God's word by saying that you cannot
judge the saved and the lost? ( I will submit that most of those who say this)
in fact do judge in some instances based on some standard. Are you one who
judge the saved and lost based on God's standard ( His Word). If I may
invite you to explore John 7:24 ,
Thanks for your patience, most of you that read my threads know that I
mentioned not being a "typer" LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 08:32 PM

8,567 posts, read 14,514,836 times
Matthew 5.46

Quote:
46 If you love only those people who love you, will God reward you for that? Even tax collectors love their friends.
According to Matthew 5.46 it means that Christians should not only love other Christians. That Jews should not only love other Jews. That Muslims should not only love other Muslims. Because it is easy for Christians to only love Christians and Jews to only love Jews or Muslims to only love Muslims.
What is it with people of faith who want to judge other people just because they do not belong to their little society?

Jesus loved harlots. And do you know how I know this? Because it is RIGHT to want to save EVERYONE and not just Christians or Jews or Muslims.
If you still believe that you should only love people who are righteous, it only means that you are worse than a taxcollector.

Old 09-02-2007, 08:42 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,357,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Matthew 5.46

According to Matthew 5.46 it means that Christians should not only love other Christians. That Jews should not only love other Jews. That Muslims should not only love other Muslims. Because it is easy for Christians to only love Christians and Jews to only love Jews or Muslims to only love Muslims.
What is it with people of faith who want to judge other people just because they do not belong to their little society?

Jesus loved harlots. And do you know how I know this? Because it is RIGHT to want to save EVERYONE and not just Christians or Jews or Muslims.
If you still believe that you should only love people who are righteous, it only means that you are worse than a taxcollector.
I encourage you to read the Op again.
What "Love" have to do with it? My topic is on Righteous judgement, and
since did you get chance to read John 7:24? or did you ignore this suggest?

Old 09-02-2007, 08:46 PM

No I read it. It is just that God is like the sun who shines on good people and bad people. And to me God is Love.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:33 PM

15 posts, read 31,144 times
Default Judgement?

C'mon everyone!!!
Don't we all realize that we should NEVER judge a persons soul...
But we MUST judge their actions!
Very simple.
Reticuli

Old 09-03-2007, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Reticuli
Quote:
But we MUST judge their actions!
Very simple.
Unfortunately life is not that simple. A poor man who steals a piece of bread because he has to eat is entirely different than a rich CEO who steals to become even richer. In both cases the crime obviously is stealing.
Personally I think that the poor man should be let go with a minor slap on the wrist, while the CEO should be punished severly.
The poor man stole out of need, while the CEO stole out of want. The poor man's action was purely motivated by survival, while the CEO only wanted to enrich himself.
In some countries both persons wold have had their hands cut off because they take their religion too literal.
They don't care if their punishment fits the crime or not, they only obey the letter of the law.

Last edited by Tricky D; 09-03-2007 at 02:44 AM..

Old 09-03-2007, 07:39 AM

13,459 posts, read 21,197,034 times
John 7:24 Stop judging by appearance, and make a right judgement..

IMO the right judgment is no judgement..A lot of times we see what we want to see and immediately judge and condemn a person by their appearance, their demeanor or their actions. We are all to quick to judge and too slow to stop and really see what is going on and why...

Old 09-03-2007, 07:57 AM

7,099 posts, read 23,885,607 times
We are products of our upbringing. Good or bad, how we were brought up affects our viewpoints,

That's why to say one should do this, or one should do that to be a Christian, does not set well with some people because they have a connection with their past and their families. I think that God see this sort of thing and reads the heart accordingly.

You may not think that this is the way it happens. That's your opinion. Wonderful. It serves you well. But to many, it seems that there is an attempt to set up standards for God to abide by. God will be the final judge of the person. What we on earth think of another's actions doesn't have a thing to do with His decision.

We make DECISIONS based on our thoughts and opinions.
God makes the final JUDGEMENT.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:08 AM

3,086 posts, read 5,561,142 times
How did Jesus do it? The only time He used harsh judgements was toward the hypocritical, proud and self-righteous. He was a friend to sinners, and often the "hypocrites" were appalled that He so freely related to them... We should follow His example. First find out the attitude of our own hearts, and then relate God's love to the world. Often it's not our place to tell others that what they are doing is wrong (other than questioning fellow Christians) but rather to be an example by our own lives. Do we practice what we preach?

Old 09-03-2007, 09:16 AM

3,540 posts, read 5,958,358 times
I believe scripture tells me I have every right to judge. But there are consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality