Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:28 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,939,235 times

Advertisements

Probably really poorly. Having never actually created a living thing before, I imagine I would have some difficulty with it, right off the bat. It'd be flood and flood again 'til I made something halfways decent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 11:57 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
I would create man from the dust. Then create woman from man.
A rather ridiculous method for a being able to create the universe with a word.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:02 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,932 times
In answer to the OP, I would create SEPARATE passages for eating and breathing and NOT put a entertainment complex and a waste disposal facility next door to one another (i.e. reproductive and excretory system).

Neil sums things up nicely here:

Intelligent Design is Stupid: Neil deGrasse Tyson - YouTube

Old 01-24-2012, 12:03 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Would you create MAN differently? Why?

Or would you create MAN in the same manner? Why?
I would have created advanced nanobots and let them evolve into humans.

iron bones
supercomputers for brains.
electrically powered muscles

with any luck they would evolve intelligence before they were any bigger than a few centimeters tall.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:04 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Would you create MAN differently? Why?

Or would you create MAN in the same manner? Why?
I wouldn't create an imperfect species and then turn around and judge them for it. I also would not let millions of people suffer needlessly through acts of "mother nature", or ruthless dictators. I also would actually let faith solve all things instead of the things that are only scientifically possible.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:37 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
I would have created man without freewill since, well, look what man has done with that.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:06 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Hmmmm??? A cultist transhumanist? Explain please. Your post is weird.

I'll do my best.

Well first, my response is a little (friendly) jab at the OP for another thread he/she had.

Is Atheism a religious cult?

Now cultist transhumanist may/may not be the right way of saying where I stand on transhumanism/human augmentation/the singularity. But I used the word “cult” to describe my (and some others) views because I have a firm belief that it not a question of if Transhumansim will happen but when (with no doubts) it will happen. Not only that. But my ZEAL for Transhumansim reaches that of some religious groups. Say like that of groups that ardently believe that the rapture is coming soon.

Basically while I do view this issue from a rational/intellectual perspective………………in my thought process on this issue I also have strong emotions/views/beliefs to it that maybe deemed rather irrational or deemed skirting the line of morality of even those who are for Transhumansim/the Singularity.

Ex. I believe that stem cell research should have no limitations of the type of stems cells they use for research. Furthermore how these researchers conduct their research should be hindered by very few restrictions. I’m willing to let researchers go as far as they can go into the gray areas of ethics (ethics that are in place now) (dependent on the country) to find answers with stems cells.

Ex. I have a visceral anger (almost hatred) toward those who stand in the way of what I (and some others) deem as way to achieve progress. Also I have a low tolerance for folks who think that the only way we should evolve is by natural means. Ex. (back to stem cells) When then president Bush banned some stem lines for any government granted programs by reaction this action was not….well hey private companies can still use these so we can still progress forward…….No…….my reaction was…….EXPLETIVE! EXPLETIVE! EXPLATIVE! EXPLATIVE!!!!!!!

Ex. As I said earlier I have a lot of Zeal for transhumanism. I firmly believe that augmenting ourselves can/will only make us a better species (better new species). I believe (contrary to some transhumanists) in the end this is less about physical progression (improvement of the body) and more about intellectual progression and possibly totally shedding ourselves of biological or even mechanical bodies.
Now what do I base this belief well there have some experiments (mostly physically abilities) that you can have a body to computer/electrical/mechanical devices connections that actually have result effecting the physical/cyber space worlds.
Move a Mouse Cursor With Your Brain | PCWorld

BrainGate Neural Interface - YouTube

Man Controls Robotic Hand with Mind - YouTube
But how FAR/MUCH we can achieve with technological augmentations is still in the hypothetical. This requires a bit of……dare I say it…….FAITH. But to me (only my opinion) it’s better to put my faith than some other places.

EX. Now this could be what I think would/could make me (others) a cultist with sects of transhumanists. It has to do with the fact that I believe (as many many other do) that Ray Kurzweil is basically correct in his law of accelerating returns
The Law of Accelerating Returns | KurzweilAI
The Law of Accelerating Returns | KurzweilAI
Ray Kurzweil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Granted while I believe Kurzwiel is more the most part correct. I do descent from the idea that we will achieve the singularity by 2049. I think is much further off than that. Unfortunately probably beyond my lifetime. I’m a Gen X’er BTW.

Building Gods Rough Cut

Just one other thing unlike a hardcore cultist, I don’t think even with all the augmentations and enhanced abilities that a transhumans may have…that we will reach some type of utopia. I believe that no matter how far we advance, we will still have problems to overcome. What problems? I don’t know it all depends on what direction we take as a species.

So in the end I let you and other label my (and some others) views.
Cultist
Fundamentalist
Nut Job
Whatever you feel like calling it. It doesn’t bother me. As long as you guys move out of the way and let the people like me try to move toward what I/we deems as progress.

Hope this kind of explains my decision to use the word cultist.
baystater

Old 01-24-2012, 11:19 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
create the most corrupt ,cruel, greedy species on planet earth.?? no thanks!!!

i would give power to the meerkats

Meerkats United - Part 1 - YouTube
Give'em awhile, and it sounds like meerkats could be the next dominant species and tool users. They already stand upright and work as a team.

We'll be able to play God soon. Let's genetically enhance superintelligent meerkats and leave the earth to them. I haven't decided whether I'm being serious or not.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Status: "Before saving for a rainy evening, see your xenial lawyer!" (set 6 hours ago)

19,673 posts, read 651,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
So with that said, I would create man/woman equal. There would not be this perceived distinction between the two and everyone would be prosperous and healthy. I don't know why it couldn't have been this way from the beginning if there is a god. Can't believe any of it really, but the question was "if you were god how would you create mankind?" so that's my take on it.
I agree to a certain extent with The Abovementioned.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:15 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
In answer to the OP, I would create SEPARATE passages for eating and breathing and NOT put a entertainment complex and a waste disposal facility next door to one another (i.e. reproductive and excretory system).

Neil sums things up nicely here:

Intelligent Design is Stupid: Neil deGrasse Tyson - YouTube
That's for aure. No loving God could have had a system where Paprika Chicken could so easily go down the wrong way. Evolution has effectively had to make us with what was to hand in in the lumber room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality