U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:52 AM

8,703 posts, read 5,648,873 times

Advertisements

Would you create MAN differently? Why?

Or would you create MAN in the same manner? Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 10:57 AM

1,804 posts, read 1,970,261 times
I'd probably have less acne. Acne's no fun.

Seriously though, I'd allot far more reason around for my flock. Critical thinking, curiosity, all these things I'd boost. I'd change the mechanism by which we multiply to ensure that severe birth defects were an impossibility.

Maybe more things, but that'd be a start.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:49 AM

I would probably add more intelligence, however, our brains have become larger over time and this may continue.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:13 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,064,142 times
I would have made women with 4 arms.

It would be amusing to see a supreme being try to wash dishes, cook dinner, hold a cranky baby and answer the phone with just the two we were given.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:29 PM

4,424 posts, read 5,145,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I would probably add more intelligence, however, our brains have become larger over time and this may continue.
Well. I think we'll probably start augmenting ourselves with both mechanical and biological improvements before the natural process takes our species to the next step of our evolution. Granted I fully admit I have very strong views on transhumanism (to cultist level).

No the point of the thread. Well...change I don't know "changing" anything....but I would like to experiment with creating some humans with brain without synaptic gaps. I'd be interested to see how this affects behavior these people’s thoughts and behaviors. And see how these people interact with our current brain with synaptic gaps.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Well. I think we'll probably start augmenting ourselves with both mechanical and biological improvements before the natural process takes our species to the next step of our evolution. Granted I fully admit I have very strong views on transhumanism (to cultist level).

No the point of the thread. Well...change I don't know "changing" anything....but I would like to experiment with creating some humans with brain without synaptic gaps. I'd be interested to see how this affects behavior these people’s thoughts and behaviors. And see how these people interact with our current brain with synaptic gaps.
Sort of like the difference between an old fashion hard drive in a computer and the memory of a USB flash drive?

Transhumanism will be here in 2049.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:39 PM

281 posts, read 162,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Would you create MAN differently? Why?

Or would you create MAN in the same manner? Why?
Much differently than the current product of evolution, because unlike current man, the product of evolution, I would design with intelligence and experience.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:06 PM

3,594 posts, read 2,799,895 times
I would create man from the dust. Then create woman from man.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:23 PM

461 posts, read 461,552 times
I would not.

Mankind was originally "created" to serve the gods. It was of limited intelligence, barely higher than an animal, and purposely given a short life span.

The gods are gone, leaving mankind to its sobering and unfortuante fate.

Mankind, unleashed by the absent of restraint by the gods, is now left to create a truly living hell.

When compared to the other animals that co-occupy this planet, only mankind seems to enjoy making life as miserable as possible. It is not content with the status quo but must "change" everything to suit its own design. Lacking the proper natural tools (e.g., hair, nails, and canines), it can barely survive the wild.

Look at the simians who content themselves in an ordered (most of the time) life. Food scarce, they have the common sense of limiting their numbers.

Life-and-death is cyclic. Some eat and some get eaten. Very few species "mourn" over the loss of their kind. And they don't demand revenge.

Except when the impulse of ensuring only one's genes get passed on, animals rarely kill their own. Not like the pasttime of humans.

Nope. Wouldn't do it.

But then, hindsight is always 20/20.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:03 PM

4,380 posts, read 2,577,036 times
Quote:
Mankind was originally "created" to serve the gods. It was of limited intelligence, barely higher than an animal, and purposely given a short life span.

Ha ha, I used to believe that stuff too. Sitchin, von Daniken, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality