Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2012, 12:19 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,550,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Well I personally wouldnot marry a man, nor am I attracted to men, and I personally do not think same sex people should marry; but I do not mistreat or condemn anyone for doing so; you must remember, I believe in universal salvation- which means God will forgive all humans no matter what they do, and ultimately save us all. But I have found absolutely no support for same sex marriage in the bible, nor have I found any evidence that God will condemn those who do it.

And I agree that religion has done, and is doing, awful things. But Atheist are not devoid of doing awful things and cannot be considered some " Better class of human." Yet some Atheist sound just as self righteous as some Christians do.
Glad to see you agree with me then.

We might seem smug to you. Self righteous, sure, we can be. Better class of human? I'm unsure what you mean by this. We consider ourselves human, not children of God, so, yes, of course we can be all these things.

You might run into a none believer who is all these things but not about being an atheist. It's not a belief system. A person can be smug simply because he doesn't believe in Aliens and think those who do are stupid to do so, but, a group of people aren't usually harmful because of it.

You don't form a group of people who don't believe in Aliens to go and convince others to not believe in them. You might try and convince said believers in Aliens they don't have the right to get rid of cars because they believe only in space craft. Especially since they can't actually show you an Alien to prove the reason for taking away your car. lol But that's different. I mean, you can't take away someones right to do something just because you "think" there is a reason for it.

There has to "actually" be a reason for it. One we can see right now. Courts shouldn't buy into what God or Aliens say. If a woman kills her baby because "God said to do it", and they have, she usually goes to jail. So, because "God said it" shouldn't apply to anything except to you personally. Not to the country as a whole.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:24 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,550,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I disagree, if you remove religion from most societys, that would be like removing the bone structure from a human body; Christianity and religion needs to be re-educated and stripped of its deceptive knowledge, then they would shine in society and help it.
I think you misunderstood my point, maybe I wasn't clear. Mormons don't have the same ideals on birth control as Catholics, etc. They are lumped together as Christians, but that doesn't mean they have the same motives within them. Get it?

You can remove the idea in America that all Christians and Christians religions are the same, and have the same motives politically and socially. You didn't read the whole post did you? Or the post I was replying to did you? If you do, you will see the context and meaning of this statement.

Not remove religion from society silly. lol I don't think that. ha ha

Old 07-12-2012, 12:47 PM

7,991 posts, read 12,222,290 times
This one has become far too off topic folks, thus, time to shut it down.

Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.