U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 06:32 AM

4,480 posts, read 4,236,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I will praise Him, always. God is good. God is love.
Even when he:

Kills all the first born of Egypt. (killing children is good?)
Drowns the entire population of the planet. (he killed everyone because he love us?)
Damns good people to hell to be tortured forever for no believing he exists. (love again?)
Damns good people for worshiping the wrong god. (he's good but has a wicked sense of humor?)

You can keep you loving bipolar god.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:12 AM

5,298 posts, read 3,914,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Even when he:

Kills all the first born of Egypt. (killing children is good?)
Drowns the entire population of the planet. (he killed everyone because he love us?)
Damns good people to hell to be tortured forever for no believing he exists. (love again?)
Damns good people for worshiping the wrong god. (he's good but has a wicked sense of humor?)

You can keep you loving bipolar god.

God has never dammed any human.
There is no such thing as eternal hell suffering.
God has never killed anyone that he willnot give a better life to.

You need to update your rants, their old school and seriously flaswed.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:17 AM

16,119 posts, read 20,232,472 times
There would be no Al Queida, no Taliban

Old 02-07-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
There would be no Al Queida, no Taliban

No Martin Luther King, no Malcom X

Old 02-07-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post

YOU may believe that but a great many Christians believe that the bible is 100% accurate. They also believe in hell for non-believers and those that have not taken Jesus as their savior.

Are you now the spokesperson for all Christians? In what way are my statements flawed? Do the majority of Christians not believe in hell? Do they not believe that the Bible is the word of God. (therefor infallible)

How do Bible believing Christians reconcile themselves with this aspect of their god.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
YOU may believe that but a great many Christians believe that the bible is 100% accurate. They also believe in hell for non-believers and those that have not taken Jesus as their savior.

Are you now the spokesperson for all Christians? In what way are my statements flawed? Do the majority of Christians not believe in hell? Do they not believe that the Bible is the word of God. (therefor infallible)

How do Bible believing Christians reconcile themselves with this aspect of their god.

Gods salvation has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity; you have " Christian on the mind syndrome", you don't believe in their interpitation of God, but need to use some of their doctrine to help you preach yours." This is what I refer to as " Flipside of the coin, one side is oppisite but still attached to the other."

What Christians believe has nothing to do with what God has set up and accomplished. All humans are saved because of Christ; there is no such thing as an eternal punishing hell; your rant is wrong. The bible is the word of God but it is not inerrant.

And you can ask a Christian how they reconcile their interpitations to God , I'll let them defend themselves.

Your rants and complaints are old school and been proven to be in error; just get a few more credible rants; I mean, keep your criticism up to date at least. Knowledge is increasing, keep your rants in style.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:02 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,011,936 times
[quote=Mickiel;22878220]
Quote:
I would really like to see your proof of this. I actually partially agree since there is no god.

Quote:
You know, the exact same thing should be said to you.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Gods salvation has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity; you have " Christian on the mind syndrome", you don't believe in their interpitation of God, but need to use some of their doctrine to help you preach yours." This is what I refer to as " Flipside of the coin, one side is oppisite but still attached to the other."

What Christians believe has nothing to do with what God has set up and accomplished. All humans are saved because of Christ; there is no such thing as an eternal punishing hell; your rant is wrong. The bible is the word of God but it is not inerrant.

And you can ask a Christian how they reconcile their interpitations to God , I'll let them defend themselves.

Your rants and complaints are old school and been proven to be in error; just get a few more credible rants; I mean, keep your criticism up to date at least. Knowledge is increasing, keep your rants in style.
Most Christians don't believe as you do. All religions state that they are the only true religion and all others are false. Many also believe in some type of punishment in the afterlife for non-believers and those of other faiths.

The only issue I can take with what I understand of your beliefs is this:

"Gods salvation" "All humans are saved because of Christ"
What do I need to be saved from.
What could have Jesus saved me from thousands of years before my birth.
(this tells me that no souls are born innocent and are predestined to sin)
Explain why you think Mankind is inherently sinful.
Explain the concept of sin.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:08 AM

7,811 posts, read 5,082,088 times
Quote:
No Martin Luther King, no Malcom X
Sincerely doubt that.

People will fight for rights and freedom regardless, religion is not required or relevant. In fact many of the things such people were fighting against were at one time biblicaly justified.

True when people like King wanted to communicate with the public they did it in Biblical language because that was what people were prone to listening to. In a world without religion they would have simply communicated their cause in another frame of reference.

There simply is nothing about, say, the anti slavery or anti racism movements that is unachievable if you take religion out of the picture. Such movements would still have had their "kings and Xs".

Similar to your error with science you are just finding people who did something who were ALSO religious and correlating them into a causation conclusion which does not hold.

"Person X did action Y and he was religious" is not, no matter how much you clearly want it to be, the same as saying "action Y is because of religion".

Old 02-07-2012, 08:36 AM

[quote=Arjay51;22878644]
Quote:

I would really like to see your proof of this. I actually partially agree since there is no god.

You know, the exact same thing should be said to you.

I refer you to my thread in archives, " Eternal hell suffering."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality