Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 04:17 PM

42 posts, read 46,765 times

Advertisements

I don't believe in reincarnation. we die once after that comes the judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,615,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayicha02 View Post
I don't believe in reincarnation. we die once after that comes the judgement.
The evidence says you're wrong.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:19 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Having been involved in EVP for many years, I firmly know there is an afterlife, and we do re-incarnate.
Th evidence is there, and that cannot be denied.
Bob.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:15 AM

121 posts, read 159,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Having been involved in EVP for many years, I firmly know there is an afterlife, and we do re-incarnate.
Th evidence is there, and that cannot be denied.
Bob.
What is EVP by the way?

People refused to believe in after life until they come across the evidence themselves; it's hard to convince them as they can't perceive their existence, and they won't accept circumstantial evidence either!

Reincarnation is a good circumstantial evidence, and science is starting to explore into this mystery. There are good documentaries available on the media and I have come across three such cases in my family which have inspired me to explore further and changed my concept on non-existence of after life.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:10 AM

121 posts, read 159,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
I am not the one making assumptions, you are, there is no such thing as a soul, please cite/read my whole post in future

Like evolution for dummies?

So we have some "anecdotal evidence", then explain whey I cannot recall "earlier lives" of mine?

Simple logic refutes reincarnation. It is just wishful thinking.
If you do your homework on the reported cases of reincarnation you will come across that nearly cent percent encountered drastic or dramatic and sudden death in their previous life.

Thus, according to Buddhist explanation on rebirth process the last thought conditions the rebirth thought immediately and it combines with organic matter (fertilised embryo) to form a new life if one is to be reborn as animals or humans. If one is reborn as a spiritual being the last death-bed thought combines with a fully grown spirit (un-manifested) body immediately and is capable of remembering his or her life.

If a rebirth takes place as a human the memory of the last thought fades away during its stressful developmental period in the womb (also during labour/birth) and the person could not remember the previous life. However, if the death was very dramatic it stays in the memory of the foetus all the way during its development in the womb and as soon as a baby could talk he or she started to relate the story. This is why all cases or reincarnation associated with accidental deaths and they started to tell their story around two to two and a half years.

If the death in your previous life was not dramatic and if you were reborn immediately as a human you would not be able to remember its details. The other explanation is if you were not a human in your previous life you would not be able to relate your story. Please note that one can reborn as a human from a spirit, angel, god, animal, hell being etc.

I hope this will explain your question why you could not remember your past life!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:53 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidneytinhtut View Post
What is EVP by the way?

People refused to believe in after life until they come across the evidence themselves; it's hard to convince them as they can't perceive their existence, and they won't accept circumstantial evidence either!

Reincarnation is a good circumstantial evidence, and science is starting to explore into this mystery. There are good documentaries available on the media and I have come across three such cases in my family which have inspired me to explore further and changed my concept on non-existence of after life.
EVP stands for "Electronic Voice Phenomenon". Ghost hunters claim to be able to record voices of the dead.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
EVP stands for "Electronic Voice Phenomenon". Ghost hunters claim to be able to record voices of the dead.

I don't consider myself a ghost hunter, and have recorded voiced of the afterlife for many years now.
Bob.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:04 PM

After reading this entire thread, it leaves me to state the obvious,and that is, there are many different beliefs concerning re-incarnation, and the after life.
Some are based on factual, and physical evidence, while others are based on unsubstantial evidence.
Because a certain religion states their belief, does not make it so.
My stating my beliefs also does not make it so.
Only through personal experience can one ever hope to understand the subject.
To those fortunate to have experienced this subject in one way or another, there is little doubt in the reality of it's being.
As in any other field of investigation, we read , study, and in some instances, experiment.
We take all the facts at hand, and form a conclusion.
In my knowledge, and study of re-incarnation, there is no re-incarnation from one being to another.
In other words, you are not a human in one life, and re-incarnate as an animal in another.
I believe that all creatures in this universe possess a soul, be it human, or insect.
After all, the soul is what instills life.
Within this vast and endless universe, there are places where souls return, upon leaving the many worlds they inhabit, upon the death experience.
Each of these places is "home" to the given soul, though they are able to travel among the many places throughout the universe.
For pet lovers, this "home" is named "rainbow bridge".
This name was conceived in modern times, but depicts a place long established in the spirit world as the "home" of animal spirits.
In humans, it is assumed we go to this place called "heaven", but as with anything that is studied over time, the knowledge learned may differ from the actual reality of heaven.
Religions have many different interpretations of just what is heaven.
I know heaven is a place somewhere in the universe, but I also know, not many will ascend to it's greatness until they have reached ultimate purity of the soul.
It is human nature to "look to the heavens" for guidance, and in doing so, look upward.
Why do we do this?
We believe heaven is "up" there somewhere.
But why up?
Why not out instead?
Are these re-incarnated souls coming from "up there"?
Just where is this place where the souls "live" when they are not re-incarnating ?
The answer is, they are throughout the universe, but not in heaven unless they have achieved the purity necessary to enter.
So where do I personally think heaven is, and where do the souls go once they leave a body?
My observations are not based on any fact, but rather an idea, or "feeling" if you will.
I often thought while reading up on the subject, "where could heaven be"?
Where are all these souls going to when they leave here?
My solution is in my belief of where these places exist.
I often felt,to imagine the universe were like a giant paper bag.
We exist on the inside of that bag, and if by some infinite power, we were able to turn that paper bag (our part of the universe) inside out, there we would see all the souls, and where they exist, and to get a glimpse of heaven.
In many publications I have read, it has been said that spirits are "all around us".
They are there, but most do not see them.
They are behind a veil.
Could that "veil" be the other side of that "paper bag" ?
In my years studying this subject, one book has been superior in it's knowledge of re-incarnation, and the lives of souls.
The reason being, it was conceived through the collections of it's main principal, that being one Allan Kardec.
It has been said, he amassed the world's greatest wealth of "spirit given material" ever assembled.
The buzz words here are, "spirit given".
It is common knowledge among those in the study of spirits, and the after life, that Mr Kardec was endowed with knowledge directly administered by spirits, in the form of "automatic writing".
His book, "The Spirits' Book" which I state is the best, and most informative on the subject I have read to date, is said to be developed through the process of automatic writing, wherein, the spirits actually not only told Kardec what to write, but also, in some instances, controlled movement of his hand in writing.
For those of you who possess a strong interest in this subject, I can suggest you get this book.
It is available online as well as many bookstores.
Bob.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:27 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Dd#2 was an early talker. Until she was about 3, she used to tell us stories about how she picked us as her parents. I never gave much thought to it other than her trying to make sense of her world (she was born wise). Of course, now that she's a teenager, she says she meant to pick the rich parents, lol.

She never talked about a past life. Just a generic place where she waited to be born with other children. However, she insisted that she had to wait for me to be her mother. The funny thing is, when she was born, I felt like I was being reunited with her. I always attributed that to her being my second born and having gone through the experience of child birth before.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 04-13-2012 at 08:42 PM..

Old 04-13-2012, 08:45 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I don't consider myself a ghost hunter, and have recorded voiced of the afterlife for many years now.
Bob.
How do you record voices of the afterlife and how to you know they're not just residual energies stored in surroundings?

I used to know a woman who lived on an estate where, in the spring, they'd see a ghostly image of a woman walking with a child. Always at the same place and always with identical motions. Some expert came out and did a study and suggested that there is something about the area that acted like a video recorder and it just plays back when conditions are right. Somehow a residual image of this woman and child has been imprinted on the surroundings.

How do you know your EVP's aren't the same thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality