Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 02:21 PM

12 posts, read 19,859 times

Advertisements

I seriously doubt the Christian God has a plan for me no matter what others, even what the bible has to say.

I even am scared of Heaven. I believe it is the truest version of Heaven. It's not fair that Adam and Eve got to have sex in the garden but dead virgins can't even get into relationships in Heaven because God is so rigid and can't seem to read humans earthly hearts.

It doesn't matter if other religious people say God has something better planned for us, I still personally to God wish for a full sex life in Heaven. Heaven sounds terrible so far. Without sex, I'd still be in Hell, so to speak.

BTW, I'm not religious, I am spiritual. I should consider converting to atheism or agnosticism. At least there, non-marital sex is at least a bit more accepted. No one even buys into my concerns anymore.

Also, the end seems near, according to others, so this is really a perfect time to panic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 02:29 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,032,721 times
Converting to atheism is not an option for you. You obviously believe in god, therefore you cannot be an athiest.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:51 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,892,155 times
When I grew up as a Mormon, I believed that I would have sex with my wife in the Celestial Kingdom (the highest heaven) and have spirit children who I would send to a planet to be physically born to physical parents and thereby gain physical bodies. I believed God has a wife or wives that he has sex with, and that all of us were born to them as spirit children and he sent us to our earthly parents who gave us our physical bodies. And the cycle goes on forever.

I am no longer a Mormon and no longer have those beliefs, but that version of heaven is pretty cool.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 PM

12 posts, read 19,859 times
I wish there was someone coming from where I'm from that understands exactly my worries.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:41 PM

18 posts, read 13,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMaster1 View Post
I wish there was someone coming from where I'm from that understands exactly my worries.
I understand. Just forget everything you know. Trust science, it is the only truth. I used to think stuff like you, but then i realized how dumb I was and started believing in what is right in front of me. We have good brains. We made the car, we made the plane, we made the spaceship, we made the boat, we harnessed fire, we painted pictures, we as humans did everything that you know. We will continue to evolve and destroy anything that opposes us.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:50 PM

27,520 posts, read 28,613,393 times
Quote:
It's not fair that Adam and Eve got to have sex in the garden but dead virgins can't even get into relationships in Heaven
You mind if I use that as a facebook quote?

Old 02-04-2012, 02:35 AM

142 posts, read 249,502 times
It's a bit hard for me to reconcile a person's belief in Heaven with that same person's worry about sex. Sex is here now and is so common. Common belief about Heaven is that it's completely on another level from our current experience. If there is no night there, something that here is absolutely a given then it's completely within the realm of possibility that a person's desire to have sex would not exist at all. It's like you've chance upon a phenomenon where all of your food is ready to eat the moment you lay eyes on it but you just can't shake the worry that your microwave has issues working properly. If you believe the God of Heaven is good then you should have no worries about whether Heaven is good or not. Furthermore, the people of earth are only supposed to be in Heaven for the millennium after which they will inhabit a new earth. Who knows what the rules of such a place would be.

Old 02-04-2012, 03:06 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,013,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredre View Post
It's a bit hard for me to reconcile a person's belief in Heaven with that same person's worry about sex. Sex is here now and is so common. Common belief about Heaven is that it's completely on another level from our current experience. If there is no night there, something that here is absolutely a given then it's completely within the realm of possibility that a person's desire to have sex would not exist at all. It's like you've chance upon a phenomenon where all of your food is ready to eat the moment you lay eyes on it but you just can't shake the worry that your microwave has issues working properly. If you believe the God of Heaven is good then you should have no worries about whether Heaven is good or not. Furthermore, the people of earth are only supposed to be in Heaven for the millennium after which they will inhabit a new earth. Who knows what the rules of such a place would be.
What a bizarre idea.

Why don't you convert to Islam then? lol. With all the 70s virgins and whatnot.

The way I see it, if the pleasures of Heaven are way better than anything on earth there will be joys that will make the greatest orgasm pale in comparison. Maybe there will be sex in heaven, the Bible doesn't really specify that.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:09 AM

142 posts, read 249,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What a bizarre idea.

Why don't you convert to Islam then? lol. With all the 70s virgins and whatnot.

The way I see it, if the pleasures of Heaven are way better than anything on earth there will be joys that will make the greatest orgasm pale in comparison. Maybe there will be sex in heaven, the Bible doesn't really specify that.
This idea isn't bizarre at all. From what the Bible tells me about Heaven, if there is no sex there, we won't have a situation where everyone has the urge for sex and no means to fulfill it. So if there's no sex then the almost only other possibility is that there is no desire for sex. What would be a bizarre idea is if a God who has given us the desire for sex couldn't temporarily suspend it for a thousand years. I'm not saying whether there sex in Heaven or not. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't (we already know there won't be marriage) I wouldn't be surprised if there was. It's not that much of a reach either way. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't worry about it. Furthermore I can't just can't put sex on the same level as what Heaven is supposed to be. (disclaimer: not saying that anyone here does). I'd trade this life (including sex) for a life with no stress, worries, struggles, strife, sadness, death, etc even if it didn't include sex.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:12 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,195,866 times
Quote:
I seriously doubt the Christian God has a plan for me no matter what others, even what the bible has to say.

I even am scared of Heaven. I believe it is the truest version of Heaven. It's not fair that Adam and Eve got to have sex in the garden but dead virgins can't even get into relationships in Heaven because God is so rigid and can't seem to read humans earthly hearts.

It doesn't matter if other religious people say God has something better planned for us, I still personally to God wish for a full sex life in Heaven. Heaven sounds terrible so far. Without sex, I'd still be in Hell, so to speak.

BTW, I'm not religious, I am spiritual. I should consider converting to atheism or agnosticism. At least there, non-marital sex is at least a bit more accepted. No one even buys into my concerns anymore.

Also, the end seems near, according to others, so this is really a perfect time to panic.

It appears to me (my opinion only) you are not as spiritual as you think you are. Your main concern after the physical death of your human body is sex. Might want to look up the definition of "spiritual".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality