Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2012, 07:35 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
If you examine the delicate and complex structure of many organs, a closer individual examination of them will show you how well suited to their particular function by desigined creation, not general magical self modification during the course of untold generations.

The environment was created and the species was created, but science has streched that truth into the species gradually became well suited to the environment, then somehow remained constant until the environment changed again, effectively promoting environment to creator, which is absurd!
Hmmm. Perfect Human Design?

Please explain our left-over vestigial tailbone. Please explain our very poor (for an upright mammal at any rate) weak and unstable lower back and pelvic designs? Please tell me why the outlet of our kidneys, so correctly evolved in "lesser primates", is entirely in the wrong location in humans (i.e.: up top, where it allows the frequent formation of immovable and viciously painful kidney stones.)

Go ahead sir! I await your reasoned and technically accurate reply.

**Oh, and again, I'll re-challenge you (for the 4th or 5th time at least!) to tell me/us exactly which parts of the established facts of adaptive Evolution do not function as it's all now been carefully observed & documented? Oh, and that you can also test for yourself. Which of those key elements have you tested yourself in an honest research situation, Mickiel?

What's that? None? Oh. I see.

Realize that when literally all the component parts of adaptive DNA reproduction and alteration of the phenotype act as exactly we first predicted, and then later exactly observed them to do, and we also checked on the consequences over very long periods of time via DNA lineage tracking, how then can you come along, acting as a spokesman for the three chimps [see, hear, speak no evil!] and just outright deny it all on it's face?

What then can we accurately conclude about your mental acuity and logical thinking abilities?

Quick now, Mickiel: tell me true: which component(s) do not work as demonstrated by any logical observation? Which components can you disprove in the face of multiple and reproducible research proofs? What is it you can effectively deny without looking like an illiterate fool?

I'll be waiting.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:28 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Well I certainly agree with this. I believe because of science, biblical archaeology, the bibles historical sturdyness, my own experiences, my mothers life, the Anthropic principles, Consciousness, personal study, common sense, Atheism, judging the past and the future, romance, the animal kingdom, Females, history, math, poetry, primordial man, language, agricultral history, the list of why I believe in God is without end because its added to daily.
Wouldn't it be simpler if your "god" just showed up and said hello?

Why does it have to be so complicated?

And if your only answer is "god works in mysterious ways" , don't bother answering.....

Old 12-12-2012, 12:07 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Unless I misunderstood you last night, I don't believe you do.

You stated that DNA has already proven the god of the bible as the one and true god. First, DNA has proven nothing supernatural, and second, in the event that someday it does (perhaps there's a message encoded therein that some future technology will unlock, as an example), proof of the supernatural is not proof in your version of the supernatural.

As for biblical historical "sturdyness", you must have read a different version than I did. The one I read insisted the earth was created before the sun, a scant 6,000 years ago, when we know to a certainty that is flat out wrong. It tells of a global flood some 4,000 years ago which we know to a certainty never occurred. There is some wisdom contained therein, I won't say otherwise, but if anything, it's complete LACK of historical "sturdyness" is very indicitive of the fact that it's a work of mostly fiction.
The bible nowhere teachs that the earth is 6,000 years old, that is a false statement; know your bible and read it before you make such assesments. And the flood the bible describes is supported by 55 different cultures on earth in their history; on a side note, the flood was not worldwide, it was a flood that covered wherever humans lived at the time, and human population had not covered this entire earth; so when the bible refers to " The World flood", it meant only those areas that humans populated at the time. Which was perhaps just the middle east area.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Wouldn't it be simpler if your "god" just showed up and said hello?

Why does it have to be so complicated?

And if your only answer is "god works in mysterious ways" , don't bother answering.....

It would be simpler, yes; I don't know exactly why it had to be complicated, I can only quess at that. I could give you my quesses, but I sense you really don't want to be bothered with them.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:28 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
know your bible and read it before you make such assesments. And the flood the bible describes is supported by 55 different cultures on earth in their history; on a side note, the flood was not worldwide,
Perhaps it is you who should know your bible, for it says the highest mountain was covered by 15 cubits of water, which would be, as it is today, Mt. Everest.

Of course, there is not enough water on the planet for that to have happened, nor is there any geological record of such an event. The most likely origin for the various flood myths is the area now known as the Black Sea, which likely flooded due to rising sea levels at the end of the last ice age.

But hey, let's not let truth get in the way of a good "Gawd done it" story...

Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Perhaps it is you who should know your bible, for it says the highest mountain was covered by 15 cubits of water, which would be, as it is today, Mt. Everest.

Of course, there is not enough water on the planet for that to have happened, nor is there any geological record of such an event. The most likely origin for the various flood myths is the area now known as the Black Sea, which likely flooded due to rising sea levels at the end of the last ice age.

But hey, let's not let truth get in the way of a good "Gawd done it" story...

I am not intrested in Noahs flood, and it would have been nothing to God to dump enough water from the sky to flood Mt. Everest or any other mountian. The most intresting thing about the flood, is over 55 different cultures record some kind of great flood in their history, which are historical facts that no Atheist cynicism can erase. This is historical truth; simply enter in your internet desktop the phrase:" Cultures that record a great flood in their history", and read the " Internet history " Done It" stories! The flood was not world wide, the bible interpits " People as being " The World", that is well known biblical interpitation, know your bible. The world was flooded, meaning all the people, wherever geographically they were located, were drowned. Which was probally just the African area at that time, which is why that area now is covered by so much sand. Why would God flood vast empty unpopulated areas of the earth?

What transports sand? Water: its academic. Water transports sand. Where did all the sand in the fertile cresent come from? Know your bible, learn to study its rare historical insight.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
The world was flooded, meaning all the people, wherever geographically they were located, were drowned. Which was probally just the African area at that time, which is why that area now is covered by so much sand.
Hmm.

We have a problem. You see, people were living in Egypt at the time of the supposed flood. People were living in China, as well. Palestine, Greece, and other places as well.

And none of them recorded a flood. And none of them died. Their societies went right on functioning as if nothing had happened.

Because nothing did happen.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Hmm.

We have a problem. You see, people were living in Egypt at the time of the supposed flood. People were living in China, as well. Palestine, Greece, and other places as well.

And none of them recorded a flood. And none of them died. Their societies went right on functioning as if nothing had happened.

Because nothing did happen.

Your right, we do have a problem, you don't know what your talking about, but your debating as if you do. Know your history, read about Egypts recording of a great flood at " Flooding the Nile - Wikipedia." Read about Chinas recordings of great floods while your there at Wikipedia. Read about Greeces record of great floods at conservapedia, and just punch in " Great floods in the Sinai Peninsula" to see Palestines records of the great flood.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:36 PM

Try a little reading comprehension.

You stated, two posts ago that "The world was flooded, meaning all the people, wherever geographically they were located, were drowned."

Therefore, it does not matter if ancient Egypt recorded floods in their history, heck, I'd be surprised if they didn't record many. But, the fact that they survived the "flood of Noah" invalidates not only the biblical version, but your own interpretation as stated herein.

Good luck.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Try a little reading comprehension.

You stated, two posts ago that "The world was flooded, meaning all the people, wherever geographically they were located, were drowned."

Therefore, it does not matter if ancient Egypt recorded floods in their history, heck, I'd be surprised if they didn't record many. But, the fact that they survived the "flood of Noah" invalidates not only the biblical version, but your own interpretation as stated herein.

Good luck.

Well good luck to you as well; God populated the earth by creating humans who could multiply; he repopulated the earth after the flood in the same simple manner. First you say Egypt didnot record a flood, now you say " Even " If" they did;" I consider that growth; you can learn things.

Good fortune in your learning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality