Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 10:18 PM

2,866 posts, read 5,240,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I believe some of it is relevant, but I base my opinion on a common sense conscious conclusion. In my view, Eve had to have the ability to have Black, White, Asian, and Chinese children at her base birthing. And then I agree that weather and geographic placement took its effect after that and formed the rest of the races.

I believe this is the link I was refering to; Race

However, I didnot formulate my views from these websites, I simply studied their views on Mitochondrinal DNA. Sans asked me where I looked at that from.
Yes, I found the link on my own, thank you

I have read the entire article and to be honest, I'm a bit baffled that you would use this as a reference for your claim. Have you actually read it? The article completely contradicts everything you've said about human origins, race, genetic mutations, influence of climate and environment, and evolution. It's so strange to me that you could come to the conclusions you did when reading this article. A few excerpts for those who haven't read it:

Quote:
The experts are pretty much in agreement about how the varieties of skin color came about. They suggest that prehumans were likely white with fur - just like our relatives, the chimpanzees. As our hair became thinner, melanin came to the rescue to protect us from the sun's damaging ultraviolet rays. We became a brown people as our whiter relations died of skin cancer or from a lack of the B vitamin folate, which is needed for DNA synthesis, and without which we see more birth defects. Some people in Africa even evolved dark black skin. (see that word? Evolved! )

Once people were out of Africa, there was a lot more variation in levels of sunlight. People in northern latitudes did not need as dark a skin for protection, and so the natural variations returned and some people became lighter again. Others, staying in southern latitudes such as India, Southeast Asia, and Australia, retained one level or another of darkness for protection. So, in Asia, we see a smooth range of skin tones from very light brown in Siberia to dark brown in India:1

In Europe, there was an odd mutation, something like albinism. It seems that in the far north, there isn't enough sun to help us manufacture vitamin D. So light - even white - skin became better for survival, because it can absorb more sunlight. This reduction in melanin was also reflected in blond and red hair and blue and green eyes.

Meanwhile, people moved into Siberia, a light brown in color. Some travelled over into the Americas. The ones that settled near the equator in Central and South America developed, as one might expect, darker skin. But they never got quite as dark as people in Africa or India because some of the genes that originally gave us very dark skin had disappeared from the Siberians before they left, and they haven't yet re-emerged.

Eskimos are rather dark for people who live further north than even the Scandinavians. How did they manage to keep their tans? The theory is that live on a diet very rich in fish, which, of course, has a high level of vitamin D. The need for vitamin D may also account for why some people - especially northern Europeans - became able to easily digest milk (lactose tolerance), a very recent mutation.

In a very similar way, we can see some of the differences in our builds as tied to latitudes and climate. There is something called Bergmann's rule, which says that mammals will tend to be larger (or taller, in our case), but with shorter arms and legs, in cold climates, and smaller, but with longer arms and legs, in warm climates. In cold climates, we need to conserve heat, so it helps to be large with as little skin surface as possible. In warm climates, we need to dissipate heat, so being small with lots of skin surface works best.
And now the part about mitochondrial DNA. Remember, you argued that:

Quote:
I disagree, the first humans God created with consciousness were black in my view, but they were mid brown in pigment ( or light skinned blacks) from that combination we can achieve all other colors on the planet. Mitrochondrinal DNA shows that.
And you gave this link as a reference for this claim. So, let's see what it actually says about mitochondrial DNA:

Quote:
Every cell has mitochondria in it, which produce energy. But the mitochondria derive entirely from the mother's egg cell, with no input from the father's sperm. So the DNA in the mitochondria have been passed down from mother to daughter since, well, Eve! By looking at the mutations that have occured in the mitochondrial DNA, and where those mutations are commonly found, we have a way of tracing our ancestors. (Remember, you said there have been no mutations since Adam & Eve so what do you make of this?) The groups are called haplogroups. Here is a simplified list:

L1 - "Eve," Khoisan and elsewhere in Africa
L2 - Africa
L3 - East Africa
M
M1 - East Africa
C - NE Asia, Siberia, the Americas
Z - Russia, the Saami (from Lappland)
D - NE Asia, Siberia, Columbia
E - Malay, Borneo, Taiwan, Philipines, coastal Papua-New Guinea
G - NE Asia, Siberia
Q - Papua-New Guinea, Melanesia
N
A - North Central Asia, the Americas
I - Europe, Arabia, Egypt
W - Urals, Baltic, India
X - Europe and the Americas
R
B - East Asia, Polynesia, Micronesia, the Americas (but not Siberia!)
F - China, Japan
J - Europe and West Asia
T - Baltic, Urals (Russia)
P - Papua-New Guinea, Australia
U
K - Europe, esp. Azhkenazi Jews
H - Europe, Middle East, North Africa
V - the Basques, the Saami
As you can see, not a single mention of mid-brown or light-skinned blacks who can achieve all other colours on the planet. I'm beginning to wonder if you even read the article.

Last edited by LindavG; 02-18-2012 at 10:29 PM..

Old 02-18-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Where in that statement do you see me disagreeing that they were black? You kept saying that I stated they were not black. Is it so hard to admit you mis quoted me?

I believe Adam and Eve were lighter skinned, because if you mate two lightskinned blacks, the offspring can be light or dark, and some even white. And you cannot get those results by mating any two of any other race.
As far as I know, it is absolutely impossible for two black people (whether dark or light) to get a completely white child without some sort of mutation (which you said you don't believe in).

So do you think that the black Adam & Eve created two children of every race that exists on the planet? If not, how do you account for racial differences without using genetic mutations?

Old 02-18-2012, 10:30 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Where in that statement do you see me disagreeing that they were black? You kept saying that I stated they were not black. Is it so hard to admit you mis quoted me?

I believe Adam and Eve were lighter skinned, because if you mate two lightskinned blacks, the offspring can be light or dark, and some even white. And you cannot get those results by mating any two of any other race.
First of all I do not believe in the myth of Adam and Eve, and secondly I have all ready explained how lighter skinned humans came about, and science agrees. Your Adam and Eve theory giving birth to the different colors and shapes of humans is ridiculous.

LindavG has explained very well, but do you think you know better than all of science or are you just being intransigent? ( Impervious to pleas, persuasion, requests, reason, evidence )

Old 02-18-2012, 10:32 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post

And you gave this link as a reference for this claim. So, let's see what it actually says about mitochondrial DNA:

As you can see, not a single mention of mid-brown or light-skinned blacks who can achieve all other colours on the planet. I'm beginning to wonder if you even read the article.

I didnot give you that link to support my views, I gave it as a link on my study of Mitochrondrinal DNA.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
As far as I know, it is absolutely impossible for two black people (whether dark or light) to get a completely white child without some sort of mutation (which you said you don't believe in).

So do you think that the black Adam & Eve created two children of every race that exists on the planet? If not, how do you account for racial differences without using genetic mutations?
The only way this could happen today is if there is mixed ancestry in the mother or father, and there was none in early humans, as they were all black.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
I didnot give you that link to support my views, I gave it as a link on my study of Mitochrondrinal DNA.
Why bother studying anything? You mind is made up and closed like a steel trap.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The only way this could happen today is if there is mixed ancestry in the mother or father, and there was none in early humans, as they were all black.
Yes I know, but Mickiel is talking about Adam & Eve here, the first two humans (according to him) who therefore couldn't possibly have mixed ancestry.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:

I don't think it was impossible for Eve, because it wouldnot have been impossible for God.

And yes, I think Eve gave birth to at least two of most of the basic races ( Black, White, Asian, Chinese) male and female, and then the rest of the races developed as science theory has explained. So I don't disagree with the science, I just think God helped the science develop by giving only Eve that ability.

Old 02-18-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Sanspeur specifically asked you for evidence of your claim about mitochondrial DNA and you gave this as a reference. Why would you not just give a source that backs up your claims instead of one that contradicts everything you believe in? Surely you have at least one source to support your highly controversial claims? I can't imagine that you could come to this knowledge all on your own, didn't you say you were a janitor with little education? How do you know better than all the scientists who have spent years studying these topics?

Old 02-18-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why bother studying anything? You mind is made up and closed like a steel trap.

Your reverting back to insulting the personage and ability of the individual your debating. When will you ever see the uselessness of that? You don't have to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality