Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 01:13 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am not talking about the recordings of our prior thoughts and feeling (memories). I am talking about the originals ("flames" of consciousness) that reside in the universal field and interact with our brain.
What is this "universal field" of which you speak. Where is it, what is it, what is it made of, and what evidence do we have for it's existence?

How does out brain "interact" with it, how do we view this interaction, what effects do we see?

What "Originals" are you talking about? Are you suggesting that memories exist somewhere before we get them and put them in our brain?

Old 02-23-2012, 06:34 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I don't need anyones report to know I am conscious.
I'm just applying your standard consistently. Why aren't you?

Old 02-23-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
I listened to some of this, him discussing the Hemispheres in the brain; I do not disagree with the scientific breakdown of the brain , I disagree with their views on consciousness being in the brain, and what consciousness really is.
If you're just going to arbitrarily reject research from something you previously said was a reliable source, why go through all the games of demanding such a specific source in the first place?

And what are your professional credentials that make you more qualified than researchers in the field?

Old 02-23-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am not talking about the recordings of our prior thoughts and feeling (memories). I am talking about the originals ("flames" of consciousness) that reside in the universal field and interact with our brain.
The "originals that reside in the universal field and interact with our brain" are a fabrication of your imagination. There's no need to explain them any further than that.

It's like complaining that biology is wrong because it can't explain how unicorns evolved. Well, that may be, but most people don't see it as a drawback that science doesn't predict things which don't actually exist.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:08 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
If you're just going to arbitrarily reject research from something you previously said was a reliable source, why go through all the games of demanding such a specific source in the first place?

And what are your professional credentials that make you more qualified than researchers in the field?

I am a professional janitor by trade , and have never claimed anythingelse. And I have not rejected any source I labeled reliable, I certainly don't know where you came up with that. There is a delusion in some scientific reasoning, they are not right about everything- unless one gives them a blank check in the formation of knowledge. In my view, it is an all too common and unspoken tendency to translate psychological phenomena into neuro- anatomy and chemistry. We can only know in the nervous system what we have known in behavior first, and this is where God trumps science with his Spirit power.

Even if we had a complette wiring diagram of the nervous system , science would still not be able to answer basic questions that only a knowledge of " The Spirit in man can answer." Though we knew the connections of every tickling thread of every single axon and dendrite in every species that ever existed , together with all its neurotransmitters and how they varied in its billions of synapses of every brain that ever existed, Science would still NEVER- NOT EVER- form a true knowledge of Consciuousness in the brain if it neglects the Spiritual componant of it.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:37 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Wink "I love the smell of Evolution in the morning! It smells like.... Victory!"

Quote:
I am a professional janitor by trade , and have never claimed anythingelse. And I have not rejected any source I labeled reliable, I certainly don't know where you came up with that. There is a delusion in some scientific reasoning, they are not right about everything- unless one gives them a blank check in the formation of knowledge.
But yet, you always write off everything, literally everything, that every single one of those independent behavioral biologist researchers has done, said or published, all over the world, independent of each other. Amazingly, all of it is errant and biased in your mind, but only if it contradicts your staunch denials of Evolution etc.

Hmmm.. what IS that smell in here? Fear? Ignorance? Blind Obedience?

So, if you are so open-minded, why have you not yet commented on my own professional (oh, and published, btw...) scientific research results and observations about the thinking, self-aware polar bear? He'd had absolutely no prior exposure to man or his activities, as well... That one episode single-handedly puts your contention about them all being without soul or awareness and consciousness to bed, right?

I guess that's pretty much why you can't "bear" to comment and agree on the results, huh?

And... there's that smell again! What CAN it be?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:45 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
And... there's that smell again! What CAN it be?
Caca de vaca I think!!!

Old 02-23-2012, 10:17 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Back to topic; Love is a proof of God.

Love is an attribute of God , and only comes from God;
So does Hate.

Since this thread has been dumbed-down to "everything is proof of god" I just wanted to get a clarification and ruling on flatulence: Is that proof of god as well?

Topically...

Mircea

Old 02-23-2012, 10:20 AM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rationalism View Post
But you said, " retroactively "rot" all the prior thoughts and feelings generated throughout an entire lifetime"

And I replied to that, they do not only rot with death but also with trauma to the brain.

As for the original "flames" of consciousness, I am not sure I follow. Can you elaborate? If trauma to the brain can basically create an entirely new consciousness (personality disorder) I am not sure I follow..unless you are suggesting that a new spirit enters the body and the original one goes to heaven or something.
When I said retroactively, I meant go back in time and affect the thoughts we already had. It cannot happen. You cannot go back and change what has already been broadcast. You confuse new production with what has already been produced. Anything that alters, damages or otherwise interferes with the brain will affect the new production of consciousness . . . but has no affect on what has already been produced prior. Since the new production is now interacting through a "broken transceiver" (or shut down one) . . . it necessarily appears different (or non-existent).

Belay any defensiveness or agendas and engage the following existential abstractions. A musician produces a series of notes that we can detect materialistically, identify and categorize as to frequency, amplitude, tonally, etc.. That is ALL that they individually are . . . UNTIL a consciousness hears them and recognizes a "melody" in the sequence. What is a melody phenomenologically? It is an identifiable abstract composite of notes that exists only within a consciousness. It is not the individual notes themselves. It is the composite. Does it really exist?

A human brain produces a series of brain waves that we can detect materialistically, identify and categorize as to frequency, amplitude, etc. That is ALL that they individually are . . . UNTIL the sequence coalesces into a resonant frequency composite of neuronal waves that is consciousness. What is consciousness phenomenologically? It is an identifiable abstract composite of brain waves that exists as a person. It is not the individual brain waves themselves. It is the composite. Does it really exist?

What differentiates these two scenarios? Melody is an abstraction . . . but it is a pure abstraction because it CANNOT independently materialistically interact with the universe AS AN IDENTIFIABLE COMPOSITE MELODY . . . only as individual notes. Consciousness is an abstraction . . . but it is REAL. It CAN independently materialistically interact with the universe AS AN IDENTIFIABLE COMPOSITE CONSCIOUSNESS . . . as our consciousnesses are doing in this forum.

Anything that exists independently as a composite and interacts with the universe identifiably MUST be comprised of some form of energy, period. It cannot be an illusion or abstraction if it does. Our consciousness is NOT merely the individual brain activity that produces it. It is a separate energy form that inheres in the resonant neural field that accompanies the individual brain activity.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:26 AM

2,468 posts, read 3,131,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rationalism View Post
But you said, " retroactively "rot" all the prior thoughts and feelings generated throughout an entire lifetime"

And I replied to that, they do not only rot with death but also with trauma to the brain.

As for the original "flames" of consciousness, I am not sure I follow. Can you elaborate? If trauma to the brain can basically create an entirely new consciousness (personality disorder) I am not sure I follow..unless you are suggesting that a new spirit enters the body and the original one goes to heaven or something.
Energy cannot be destroyed... only changes form.
When you eat an apple... the apple doesn't just zap out of existence.
The apple is incorporated into your digestion system. The apple no longer looks like an apple, but the energy of the apple continues on, just in different form.

We know that every action there is a reaction. What we don't know is how & why the first action started... Aristotle called it the "Prime Mover." The Prime Mover could only be genuinely the "Prime" mover, if he/she was perfect, lacking no potential. Otherwise it wouldn't be the "prime" or 1st. The only way that a Prime Mover could remain the same while also changing circumstances (ie creating this universe) is through ATTRACTION. God is love. Love is not just the kissy lovey la la land feeling. Love is LIFE, ENERGY striving for it's best. You, me, all of us are constantly ATTRACTED to living. Not only that, but as complex living creatures, we make choices in accordance with the gods we worship... we all have ultimate concerns (gods).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality