Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 09:22 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
We've already proved Descartes wrong; and you sir are no Descartes.

Who is we?

Old 06-27-2012, 10:03 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,955,630 times
Singing:

Rene Descarte was a drunken fart,
I drink therefore I am!

Sorry, any chance I get to throw in a Monty Pythonism I take. Back to our regularly scheduled program.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Singing:

Rene Descarte was a drunken fart,
I drink therefore I am!

Sorry, any chance I get to throw in a Monty Pythonism I take. Back to our regularly scheduled program.

Well sarcasm is a way of thinking, that expresses itself in communication. People like the smudginess of it, as it tears in a comical way. It really has no meaning to it, but it feels good to the user.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:17 AM

Language is a proof of God, humans dare think that we taught ourselves to speak.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:38 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Default The biggest, baddest question of all!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Alright, lets break this down, I am in the mood of asking questions today. What do you mean by " Meant?" Meant implies to me " Intention", purpose or design. It could even be a math value which suggest measured intention from a source that looks to reach a conclusion. Points to God in my view, whats your view?
Trouble is, Mickiel, everything points to god for you. If you truly were in the mood for receiving the logical ideas of others, instead of just saying "OK, but my idea, which btw proves god, is "such and such"."

Generally, there's no wiggle room in your head for anything else. Yet, on occasion, you have shown some interest in other ideas or concepts as long as they are mystical or spiritual (I can't remember what it was the other day, but after you had read a three-line post from someone else about the location of our consciousness, or of us being inside a bigger person (?) you jumped in and concluded that the idea had some merit to your way of thinking. Just like that, perhaps simply because it was mystical or unprovable?

So.. what about the merits of the [U]no-god-exists[/u] idea that has all sorts of support and indeed valid proofs? Since after all, he refuses to ever show himself or his deeds or to talk to any of us who are skeptical. He only"talks" to those who have already decided that he exists. He's a "Voices in your head" sort of thing at best.

Does this not strike you as just a tiny bit suspect? Just a teensy little bit? Ever? Any room for controversy or doubt in your head, given all that we've shown you?

Or is your answer an absolute & predictable "NO! There IS A GOD, absolutely!"

Old 06-30-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Trouble is, Mickiel, everything points to god for you. If you truly were in the mood for receiving the logical ideas of others, instead of just saying "OK, but my idea, which btw proves god, is "such and such"."

Generally, there's no wiggle room in your head for anything else. Yet, on occasion, you have shown some interest in other ideas or concepts as long as they are mystical or spiritual (I can't remember what it was the other day, but after you had read a three-line post from someone else about the location of our consciousness, or of us being inside a bigger person (?) you jumped in and concluded that the idea had some merit to your way of thinking. Just like that, perhaps simply because it was mystical or unprovable?

So.. what about the merits of the [U]no-god-exists[/u] idea that has all sorts of support and indeed valid proofs? Since after all, he refuses to ever show himself or his deeds or to talk to any of us who are skeptical. He only"talks" to those who have already decided that he exists. He's a "Voices in your head" sort of thing at best.

Does this not strike you as just a tiny bit suspect? Just a teensy little bit? Ever? Any room for controversy or doubt in your head, given all that we've shown you?

It certainly does strike me as suspect, I don't believe God is verbally communicating with any human, not since the biblical times; yet another thing I disagree with Christians on. I believe God exist without much doubt, my only problems are not Knowing what he is or how he is. I have absolutely no idea how he could have always existed, and I do not know why he is not verbally communicating with humans.

I just don't know.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:38 PM

Communication is a proof of God. Science ask that we believe life created itself and eventually started communicating with itself. HOW! They have not proven that life created itself, and expect such an incredible jump as now speaking to itself be accepted rationally. Even simple trees can communicate with each other; how can living and dead wood learn to communicate on its own?

There is intelligence behind it all!

Old 07-03-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

Conversely, is there just a teensy little bit of suspect in you that may give room for God being real, given all that I have shown you?

Old 07-03-2012, 07:29 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Conversely, is there just a teensy little bit of suspect in you that may give room for God being real, given all that I have shown you?
Not unless you have shown rifleman things you haven't shown me.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not unless you have shown rifleman things you haven't shown me.

The blindness of Atheist is a stotic proof of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality