Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 07:30 AM

267 posts, read 216,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The blindness of Atheist is a stotic proof of God.
Stotic? WTF?

Old 07-04-2012, 07:41 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Consciousness cannot create itself, it must be created. Consciousness is " A Spirit in humans", which is why it has no central location within the body; its just there! There is nothing physical in the body that we can call a conscious organ. There is nothing in the brain other than tissue of one sort or another. Nothing physical in man accounts for consciousness. Science has tried to masquerade the brain as the costume of consciousness , that is complettely false.

Consciousness is not psychological phenomena, or neuro-anatomy and chemistry. Consciousness is the breath of life that God blew into man's dead body. Consciousness is the image of God.
I like to think of Intelligent Design when I think of all the myriad different animals on this earth. They don't all do the same things. Even the different birds are programmed in their genetic structure to do very specific chores like woodpeckers pecking holes in trees to get the grub or hummingbirds going for nectar to help propagate species of plants or Martins flying around eating flying insects or Eagles going after live prey or Buzzards going after dead carrion. The nests they all build are different and they haven't changed the way they build or how they build or where they build for thousands of years. Beavers make dams so other species can live in the flooded areas. And on and on it goes down to the little microscopic bed mites that help dispose of dead skin. There is a synergy to it all which just could not have come about accidentally. At least that is my reality map and others are different.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:55 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I like to think of Intelligent Design when I think of all the myriad different animals on this earth. They don't all do the same things. Even the different birds are programmed in their genetic structure to do very specific chores like woodpeckers pecking holes in trees to get the grub or hummingbirds going for nectar to help propagate species of plants or Martins flying around eating flying insects or Eagles going after live prey or Buzzards going after dead carrion. The nests they all build are different and they haven't changed the way they build or how they build or where they build for thousands of years. Beavers make dams so other species can live in the flooded areas. And on and on it goes down to the little microscopic bed mites that help dispose of dead skin. There is a synergy to it all which just could not have come about accidentally. At least that is my reality map and others are different.

Stunning examples of the truth Eusebius; the humming bird is a prime example of the greatest areonautic creation of God, no human creation can surpass it, and only the helocopter can slightly mimic it. The creative mind of Christ is stunning in its technology; thats WHY I think Spiritual science is FAR greater than human science; and we all are destined to see whatelse his great mind has created- FOR US! He may have created humming birds that we will actually fly on ourselves; just think of it; flying creatures for our pleasure.

The movie industry just don't realize how close they are to dipicting the things God has in store for us; and men with no imagination dare say heaven would be boring! They simply don't have a clue, failing to pick up that bible and take a free look into our future.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:56 AM

267 posts, read 216,437 times
That is the whole point, it is not accidental. Each of those species exist because there is a position for them to exist. I mean really, do you believe that the parasites that lived on dinosaurs are still extant today? If they are then it is because they have adapted and evolved to continue. The species that can't adapt and can't evolve no longer exist. You see a universe designed specifically for the life forms that exist on planet Earth, when the life forms on planet Earth are actually the result of those lifeforms adapting and evolving to the conditions on planet Earth. Just look at all the species that no longer exist, because they couldn't adapt and evolve. Really simple isn't it?

Old 07-04-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na'vi View Post
That is the whole point, it is not accidental. Each of those species exist because there is a position for them to exist. I mean really, do you believe that the parasites that lived on dinosaurs are still extant today? If they are then it is because they have adapted and evolved to continue. The species that can't adapt and can't evolve no longer exist. You see a universe designed specifically for the life forms that exist on planet Earth, when the life forms on planet Earth are actually the result of those lifeforms adapting and evolving to the conditions on planet Earth. Just look at all the species that no longer exist, because they couldn't adapt and evolve. Really simple isn't it?

I agree its not accidental, there is a position for them to exist, accidental is one of the clues; it was not luck, it was not magic, it was not happenstance meaningless chance; they were " Placed into that position", into that situation and its appropriate to assume it was for their advantage because they were " Placed!" And when they no longer exist, they were " Displaced." The only arguement then, is who or what placed them. I believe " Who" placed them, you believe " What" placed them. I believe an Entity " Didit", you believe nothing didit. And that is the crux of this long standing debate; Position denotes to me " An Attitude behind the positioning", an intelligence that placed things because that was its job! Its goal, creation then is a goal reached, and evolution proves to me that the creation was finished, but many parts of it was positioned to continue to evolve over time and change itself.

The cycle was to live and to die; and NOTHING with any kind of inate power to create itself, would then ignorantly program itself to die! Thus the cycle of living and dying, is stunning proof of God!

Old 07-04-2012, 08:15 AM

434 posts, read 342,398 times
In this thread: a lot of Puddle Thinking

Old 07-04-2012, 08:19 AM

When humans believe that intelligent life created itself, one must ask themselves why it was stupid enough to program itself to die? You give the awesome power of life over to random self creating intelligence, well then it ought to have been smart enough to program itself to live far longer than we do.

But see, that would be " Getting into God territory!"

Old 07-04-2012, 08:24 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Hi Na'vi, I appreciate your thoughts on this. I believe that there were catastrophic events which occurred on this earth that caused many animals to go extinct such as the historic world-wide flood in Noah's day. Now I don't want to go into whether or not that actually occurred and enter into endless debate about that. I don't care if anyone else believes in it or not. It is just that for me, it works and answers many enigmas wrapped in a Twinky. Not very many animals can adapt to flood waters lasting for months. The ones that could not adapt drowned, some made it to the ark. The others drowned. You can't expect a human that doesn't know how to swim to automatically adapt to flood waters and swim like a fish.

For the last 6,000 years, have beavers adapted to anything different? Have they built their dens differently? Have they moved to the open seas to try anything different or moved to the Arctic ice? Have humming birds adapted to attack rabbits and eat them? Have rabbits for 6,000 years adapted to anything different? Have they tried attacking lions? or herded to attack dogs, kill and eat them? Would they ever? No, not in a million billion years. Why? Because each animal has ingrained in their very DNA what they are created to do.
Now I know you can say that 6,000 years is just too short a time for animals to adapt to anything different. Maybe so. You could be correct. But it is my contention that animals can't adapt and will die off because their DNA makes it so they have to work within the narrow parameters set for them. Bats cannot and will not attack a horse, unless, of course they have a disease which alters their thought processes.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
When humans believe that intelligent life created itself, one must ask themselves why it was stupid enough to program itself to die? You give the awesome power of life over to random self creating intelligence, well then it ought to have been smart enough to program itself to live far longer than we do.

But see, that would be " Getting into God territory!"
Why was your God stupid enough to program you to sin, and then die?

Old 07-04-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
It is just that for me, it works and answers many enigmas wrapped in a Twinky. Not very many animals can adapt to flood waters lasting for months. The ones that could not adapt drowned, some made it to the ark.
There never was a global flood.
the effects of one would be far different that what the evidence provides. There would be different evidence; it doesn't exist.

Quote:
For the last 6,000 years, have beavers adapted to anything different? Have they built their dens differently? Have they moved to the open seas to try anything different or moved to the Arctic ice? Have humming birds adapted to attack rabbits and eat them? Have rabbits for 6,000 years adapted to anything different? Have they tried attacking lions? or herded to attack dogs, kill and eat them? Would they ever?
They have no reason too, as their environments do not require their populations to change in this manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality