Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 07:00 AM

434 posts, read 342,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
In speaking on the proofs of God, I always try to explain the ones that I can clearly see, I avoid the miracles of Jesus and the wonders God produced, because they are too unbelievable. Not that I don't believe them, I just prefer to stay in the area of facts I have seen, experienced or understand clearly.
Except you are repeatedly shown that every proof you offer, is bunk; you clearly don't understand any of them. When shown your failure, you pretend then that it doesn't matter. And move on as if it never happened.

Your obsession with threads about proof of God show that your casualness is a defense mechanism against recognizing your failures and learning not to repeat them. I'd wager a scan back in forum time would show many of these 'proofs' repeated, and people trying to show you how they were incorrect. By not listening to the wisdom of others trying to teach you, you only harm yourself.
True wisdom means not making the same mistakes.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:21 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
Except you are repeatedly shown that every proof you offer, is bunk; you clearly don't understand any of them. When shown your failure, you pretend then that it doesn't matter. And move on as if it never happened.

Your obsession with threads about proof of God show that your casualness is a defense mechanism against recognizing your failures and learning not to repeat them. I'd wager a scan back in forum time would show many of these 'proofs' repeated, and people trying to show you how they were incorrect. By not listening to the wisdom of others trying to teach you, you only harm yourself.
True wisdom means not making the same mistakes.

I have been persued by many before, who prefer to try and squash me instead of the proof itself. I treat that all the same. I hold no intrest in teaching or being taught by men; I have a good source that teaches me, I am content with that.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:21 AM

The proofs of God seeks its own level in your consciousness; just as water seeks its own level, the proofs of God must flow freely in the human mind, they cannot be forced.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:13 AM

And when those proofs show themselves to be false, the mind comes to conclusions. Nobody's trying to squash you, you're just wrong.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
And when those proofs show themselves to be false, the mind comes to conclusions. Nobody's trying to squash you, you're just wrong.

I am wrong in your eyes and right in mine; in the proofs of God, you have to trust in your own mind, not the mind and views of others.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I am wrong in your eyes and right in mine; in the proofs of God, you have to trust in your own mind, not the mind and views of others.
If you have no proof of God, you don't have to worry [or pretend you know] what's in his mind. But you're going to protect yourself by worming out of any situation wherein you are actually wrong, by pretending this is all just opinion. If it's all just your opinion, stop calling it proof. Words have actual definitions, and your version of proof doesn't apply to the real word.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
If you have no proof of God, you don't have to worry [or pretend you know] what's in his mind. But you're going to protect yourself by worming out of any situation wherein you are actually wrong, by pretending this is all just opinion. If it's all just your opinion, stop calling it proof. Words have actual definitions, and your version of proof doesn't apply to the real word.

I totally disagree; I see the " Evidence of God", I have successfully tested that evidence; it has made a serious impression on me; I have verified it; the conclusions are valid; and I have corrected the errors that religion has made-- that is defined as proof in my understanding of the term.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:53 PM

The Schematism of the Earth and Sun are stunning proof of God; obviously arranged in their orbits and distance.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:32 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,516,560 times
Quote:
The Schematism of the Earth and Sun are stunning proof of God; obviously arranged in their orbits and distance.
You need to brush up on the weak anthropic principle, chief.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:23 PM

Examine Language as your proof of God, for communication between humans to even have begun, there had to be communication between God and a learning student human, Genesis describes this incredible ditation of linguistics from God to human; it didnot begin as something humans taught their own vocal cords- that is a myth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality