Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 01:29 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rationalism View Post
None of what you're saying answers what I mentioned. Human rational-secular morals are far superior to "gods". Adam and Even are the culprits..not me, I don't need to be saved because of a rule god created in the first place so he sent himself who is also his son to serve as a loophole for the rule he created.
.assuming I worship him.
I see trinitarianism has infected your way of thinking as to the last sentence above. Trinitarianism was just invented by Rome as a way of keeping out the Arians. It was all political.

God did not send Himself, He sent His Son into the world (The Bible says so).

I don't follow you as to "to serve as a loophole for the rule he created." Could you elaborate? I am dense at times.

Quote:
I am my own person and don't need to worry or care about being saved..because I did nothing. If "god" thinks I do need to care and worry, than thats his problem..I'll never worship a tyrant like that and he can send me to hell.
Indeed, it is His problem. That is what the original post of this thread is all about. Since it is His problem He did everything necessary to correct the problem.

Did you know there is not one verse in all the Bible that says God will send people to hell if they don't believe in His Son or if they don't worship Him? Nope, not even once. So you needn't worry about this kind and loving God throwing you in some sort of Christian idea (non-biblical) of hell for not believing or worshipping.

Quote:
The concept of original sin is very wicked, and even if it was true then I would curse the "god" who put such a rule in the first place to innocent people.
That's O.K. you will see it differently in the future. I don't see why you think it is very wicked. It is actually the most loving and wise thing God could do once you see all the good that is going to come out of it all. Maybe you could expand a little on why it is so wicked?

Old 02-20-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
Ok.

Atheists don't believe in the Bible. Therefore, any claims derived from the Bible isn't convincing in the least. You might as well be making claims about the afterlife from Lord of the Rings. That has the exact same level of credibility - none.
There are possibly millions of men, women and children who would disagree with that claim above seeing they gave their lives for their belief. The rational world does not put the Bible on the same level as Lord of the Rings. It is at the very least a document detailing the history of a people.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:34 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,512,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That's O.K. you will see it differently in the future. I don't see why you think it is very wicked. It is actually the most loving and wise thing God could do once you see all the good that is going to come out of it all. Maybe you could expand a little on why it is so wicked?
This is the arrogance that is causing people to take pot shots at you. It is very presumptuous to assume what people will think in the future. To claim that God will make it happen, which is what will need to occur, is a wicked claim.

Again, the reason this idea is awful: spiritual hijacking. That is what you're promoting. Spiritual hijacking.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
There are possibly millions of men, women and children who would disagree with that claim above seeing they gave their lives for their belief. The rational world does not put the Bible on the same level as Lord of the Rings. It is at the very least a document detailing the history of a people.
There are millions of men, women, and children who believe in Islam. I don't give their claims from their books any more credence than those of you and your books.

It is all fiction. The historical elements are either made up, embellished accounts of real events, or stolen from other cultures.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Yes it does, like the smile you give to an elderly demented person or a very small child. They don't know any better.
I believe the above is an overstatement. But, besides being puerile, nice drive by shot!

Old 02-20-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
I believe the above is an overstatement. But, besides being peruile, nice drive by shot!
I'm not really sure what you're expecting to get from atheists at this point. We've explained why we find your idea to be gross and evil. What more do you want us to talk about?

Old 02-20-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
There are millions of men, women, and children who believe in Islam. I don't give their claims from their books any more credence than those of you and your books.

It is all fiction. The historical elements are either made up, embellished accounts of real events, or stolen from other cultures.
It can be proven Islam is a made up religion. It was invented around 600 A.D.ish much like Joseph Smith invented his brand of Christianity. But we are talking about the historical document called the Bible here and the God of that Bible and what He did for all mankind including atheists, Islamists, wicca etc.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I'm not really sure what you're expecting to get from atheists at this point. We've explained why we find your idea to be gross and evil. What more do you want us to talk about?
I'd like to talk about the false ideas you folks have about what I believe. Such as the trinitarian idea recently espoused a few posts back and that your false idea of God being evil etc.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
It can be proven Islam is a made up religion. It was invented around 600 A.D.ish much like Joseph Smith invented his brand of Christianity. But we are talking about the historical document called the Bible here and the God of that Bible and what He did for all mankind including atheists, Islamists, wicca etc.
The Christian Bible was made up a mere 600 years before the Quran was made up. Same difference. The Jewish Bible was made up a good deal before either the Christian one or the Quran.

All made up. None are historical. The historical parts for all three are, again, either entirely fictitious, embellishments of real events, or stolen from other cultures.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
I'd like to talk about the false ideas you folks have about what I believe. Such as the trinitarian idea recently espoused a few posts back and that your false idea of God being evil etc.
You have beliefs that are not concurrent with mainstream Christianity. I will concede that if your god is the way you have described, it would not be as over-the-top cartoonishly evil as the mainstream Christian god.

Forgive us for not knowing instantly what flavor of Christianity you believe in, as there are a bunch of competing varieties.

But in the end, as you have described it, your god will still forcibly change my belief system when I die. That is an evil notion. You may not think mind rape and brainwashing is evil, but I do. And that's just something we'll never agree on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality