U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 02-20-2012, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Ashburn, Va
3,283 posts, read 1,601,863 times
Reputation: 2970

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Bloody worrying isn't it.....and he's allowed to vote!!
And people wonder where the support for Rick Santourm is coming from.

 
Old 02-20-2012, 01:23 PM
 
10,687 posts, read 5,177,398 times
Reputation: 750
O.K. are there any really rational atheists around here that would like to respond to my original post?

I don't really like the drive by cheap shot kind of posters.

Anyone here who is really thoughtful and can be nice when they post?
 
Old 02-20-2012, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Ashburn, Va
3,283 posts, read 1,601,863 times
Reputation: 2970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
O.K. are there any really rational atheists around here that would like to respond to my original post?

I don't really like the drive by cheap shot kind of posters.

Anyone here who is really thoughtful and can be nice when they post?
Well since a portion of your OP has been removed by the Mods I don't see the point.

It's hard to respond to extreme ignorance without sarcasm and scorn.

A few classes in history and science would benefit you greatly.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 01:37 PM
 
124 posts, read 19,462 times
Reputation: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear Rationalism,

You weren't there so you don't know for a fact that the serpent did not talk (in some way or other) to Eve. Today birds talk to us and chimpanzees have been taught sign language.

You say we don't need saved. But, in reality, we do. All mankind are dying due to being directly related to Adam. (P.S. I think you are smart enough to know this so I will say it for the other readers of this board in case they don't see it, but, mankind did not come from pond scum nor from apes.) So we really do need to be saved from dying.

Mankind is not PAYING for the sin of Adam. It was Adam who sinned. Adam broke law in the garden. The death process began the day he ate and so he passed that on to his children.

If a father has a certain disease and that father passes that disease on to the next generation which is often the case today, does the doctor or parents of that child say it was not the parents fault, it had to be the fault of the child? Do they say the baby had to have done something nasty in the womb to get this disease? Do you see how wierd your thinking can get if we believe your way?
None of what you're saying answers what I mentioned. Human rational-secular morals are far superior to "gods". Adam and Even are the culprits..not me, I don't need to be saved because of a rule god created in the first place so he sent himself who is also his son to serve as a loophole for the rule he created..assuming I worship him. I am my own person and don't need to worry or care about being saved..because I did nothing. If "god" thinks I do need to care and worry, than thats his problem..I'll never worship a tyrant like that and he can send me to hell.

The concept of original sin is very wicked, and even if it was true then I would curse the "god" who put such a rule in the first place to innocent people.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 01:38 PM
 
16,310 posts, read 14,784,294 times
Reputation: 7988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Of course Adam existed. The most ancient documents ascribe to the fact that Adam existed as did Eve.

The God of Abraham is very righteous, loving, kind and even likes you.
But who wrote about Adam? Either Eve had to (and we know that men of that era didn't like their women to be literate) or it would have to be autobiographical. National Geographic or even the Enquirer weren't around to document any of this.

Same concept as the infallible proof of the flood because every civilization writing of the flood that killed everyone, except Noah and family. How does that work?
 
Old 02-20-2012, 01:45 PM
 
16,310 posts, read 14,784,294 times
Reputation: 7988
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
And people wonder where the support for Rick Santourm is coming from.
This guy scares the crap out of me because I know there are multitudes of really stupid people that will vote for him solely for his bronze age ignorance and hate.

We were the laughing stock of the world when Bush was re-elected, and we shall be laughed at again if this relict of the bronze age ignorance were to win.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
7,884 posts, read 4,751,471 times
Reputation: 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
And people wonder where the support for Rick Santourm is coming from.
I do worry about America.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 02:19 PM
 
10,687 posts, read 5,177,398 times
Reputation: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Well since a portion of your OP has been removed by the Mods I don't see the point.

It's hard to respond to extreme ignorance without sarcasm and scorn.

A few classes in history and science would benefit you greatly.

But you'll take a cheap shot anyway. Nice.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
1,803 posts, read 1,229,630 times
Reputation: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
O.K. are there any really rational atheists around here that would like to respond to my original post?
Ok.

Quote:
Romans 5:18,19 shows that no one escapes the result of Christ's obedience to the cross, whether you are atheist, wicca, muslim or whatever.

1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11 shows this as well.
Atheists don't believe in the Bible. Therefore, any claims derived from the Bible isn't convincing in the least. You might as well be making claims about the afterlife from Lord of the Rings. That has the exact same level of credibility - none.

Quote:
Doesn't that bring a smile to your face?
No, for reasons already explained to great detail, in this thread.
 
Old 02-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Status: "Life gives you what you need to awaken" (set 20 hours ago)
 
8,754 posts, read 6,043,948 times
Reputation: 18354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Doesn't that bring a smile to your face?
Yes it does, like the smile you give to an elderly demented person or a very small child. They don't know any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top