U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 11:18 PM

23,193 posts, read 11,405,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Rest in Peace, Whitney..your burdens and sorrows of this world are over..and hopefully some will learn the tragedy of addiction because of you..

Thank you for your beautiful voice that inspired,lifted us and entertained us through the years. Thank you for your charitable work.. May you be remembered for that..not for whatever personal demons you struggled with..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 03:58 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,068,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Rest in Peace, Whitney..your burdens and sorrows of this world are over..and hopefully some will learn the tragedy of addiction because of you..

Thank you for your beautiful voice that inspired,lifted us and entertained us through the years. Thank you for your charitable work.. May you be remembered for that..not for whatever personal demons you struggled with..

Amen.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:15 PM

33 posts, read 18,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
When I prayed for Whitney Houston after she pass , the Lord Spirit cleaned the road that she was on before she passed on , and said ``Her passing away a mistake , she never got all her days in the earth ``.... There seem to be the lack of faith for the Lord to stop her passing on for the Lord to move , so she is gone at an early age of some 48 years old....

are you for real dude? God ACTUALLY speaks to you like that word for word?

Whitney is a loss. Surprised there are no public crowds on her funeral. really wasted talent. the topic is just ridiculous in my opinion. it's not like whitney is the ultimate role model for being devout. Even the story of catholic saints are not ALL straight and holy life through and through .

Nobody is perfect. that much is true. and ONLY God can judge the living and the dead and their deeds.

Last edited by winstead; 02-20-2012 at 04:23 PM..

Old 02-20-2012, 04:17 PM

3,928 posts, read 1,835,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
is there any hope for any of us?
Nope, you are going to die. Get used to it.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:07 PM

28,005 posts, read 22,233,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstead View Post
are you for real dude? God ACTUALLY speaks to you like that word for word?

Whitney is a loss. Surprised there are no public crowds on her funeral. really wasted talent. the topic is just ridiculous in my opinion. it's not like whitney is the ultimate role model for being devout. Even the story of catholic saints are not ALL straight and holy life through and through .

Nobody is perfect. that much is true. and ONLY God can judge the living and the dead and their deeds.
What an odd statement. The funeral of 1500 was private, by invitation only, and the roads were closed for six blocks around New Hope Baptist Church, so what is the point of saying there were no public crowds at her funeral if they were prevented from being there? Doesn't make sense. There were people at the barricades all day Saturday, and then when the body was taken to the cemetery yesterday, there were people all along the route throwing flowers. This has been on TV and the Internet all weekend long.

Yes, she did waste her talent through her drug use. Very sad.

I realize that some of you are very young and don't remember her except from the covers of the supermarket tabloids. There was a time when she was a great singer, beautiful and down to earth and happy and pleasant in personality, and that's who we remember. And maybe that's who God remembers, too.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:20 PM

8,995 posts, read 4,915,467 times
Quote:
I consider myself devout, and pray every day for the health and safety of my family and me, and I always have believed my prayers were answered.
If, indeed, Whitney Houston was as devout as she seemed, then how could she throw her life away like she did?
I have heard that the central support in Alcohol and Drug Support groups is a belief in a higher power.
I guess what I am getting at is, if Whitney Houston, with her religion ingrained from birth, plus a once in a lifetime talent, cannot manage a successful life, then is there any hope for any of us?
I suppose you must think all of the FAT Christians who die early from heart disease must not go to heaven either!!!

Millions of Christians struggle their entire lives with different aspects of the war against the flesh. For some it's drugs, for some sex, for some the persuit of $$$$.
Whitney's struggles were just more visable than many others.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 AM

16,310 posts, read 14,822,211 times
Quote:
I consider myself devout, and pray every day for the health and safety of my family and me, and I always have believed my prayers were answered.
If, indeed, Whitney Houston was as devout as she seemed, then how could she throw her life away like she did?
I have heard that the central support in Alcohol and Drug Support groups is a belief in a higher power.
I guess what I am getting at is, if Whitney Houston, with her religion ingrained from birth, plus a once in a lifetime talent, cannot manage a successful life, then is there any hope for any of us?
If nothing else it proves that god is either totally powerless or does not exit, and that each individual are the ones that control their own destiny.

She (and no one or nothing else) made the bad choices that got her to a point in life where drugs ruled and ruined, and possibly ended her life.

There is nothing wrong with "wishing" for the health and safety of your family and yourself. But wishing (you call praying) does nothing. Eating right, wearing your seat belt, not smoking, doing drugs, etc. and a good roll of the dice genetically control these things.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:21 AM

40,059 posts, read 20,062,443 times
Quote:
It would seem to prove that devotion and drug abuse are two completely separate issues--no matter what anyone says.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:54 AM

374 posts, read 154,166 times
Quote:
?
it doesn't matter how much "religious ingrain" one has. whitney was an imperfect human, she wasn't Jesus, and most definately not Jehovah God. there are ministers who believe they're sent from God, (2Cor.11:13-15). yet they secretly and out in the open live an abonimating life. When we pray it shouldn’t just be about us, Jesus taught us of the things we should pray.

(Matt.6:9-13), we should respect, honor, and make God’s ,(Jesus Father’s), name holy. We should ask God to forgive us for our sins. We should pray for his Kingdom to come on earth, as it is in Heaven, (though many think the earth will so be no more, wrong). An we should ask God to help us in keeping away from anything that’ll lead us down the wrong path.

Many believers think they can live as the world live, wrong ,(Rom.12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God). Focus on the ways of the world, which means one is against God, (1John 2:15,16). and hold on to their old ways ,(1Pet.1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance), we can’t!

Many “Christians” who get into the world’s limelight, become more into themselves and NOT God, Whitney was no exception. And to keep it real, she didn’t seem that “devout“ . Once money is involved, all evil comes with it. God doesn’t care about one’s talent, the worldly success they have, who they know, and what they have. Because those things won’t put anyone in Jehovah’s favor.

is there any hope for any of us”, personally speaking, I’m not her. And what one has doesn’t make them better than one who doesn’t have, in my eyes. But most importantly, in Jehovah and Jesus eyes. I know there’s hope for me, just as there’s hope for anyone who wants to at least try to live a way pleasing to God. We’re not perfect, we will fall. but all God wants us to do is, to pick ourselves back up, and try it again. peace

Old 02-22-2012, 12:46 PM

9 posts, read 3,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
If nothing else it proves that god is either totally powerless or does not exit, and that each individual are the ones that control their own destiny.

She (and no one or nothing else) made the bad choices that got her to a point in life where drugs ruled and ruined, and possibly ended her life.

There is nothing wrong with "wishing" for the health and safety of your family and yourself. But wishing (you call praying) does nothing. Eating right, wearing your seat belt, not smoking, doing drugs, etc. and a good roll of the dice genetically control these things.
Wow, this is both condescending and rude. Apparently, you didn't read the sticky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality