Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 02:25 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,779 times

Advertisements

To understand the Quran, it is essential to study the Torah (included in the Old Testament).

On the other hand, it is essential - in order to understand the Torah (included in the Old Testament) - to study the Quran.

I say this because I have seen two versions of the well-known movie The Ten Commandments, and I found many mistakes in the story indicating a defective knowledge about this great story of Moses and his people.

The reason for such mistakes is their ignorance about the Quran.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LKUpWvnubU

Last edited by eanassir; 02-19-2012 at 02:41 PM..

Old 02-19-2012, 02:51 PM

There have been many mistakes in this movie story.
Like Pharoah the son gave Moses his well-known staff.

The staff of Moses:
It was a true serpent: God created it specially for Mose: it was a large snake; it retracted its head like the turtle, and then appeared like a staff.

God created it and put it in the way of Mose; Moses saw the staff and picked it, while he did not know it was a serpent.

I shall tell more about this staff of Moses later on by God's will.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:45 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
To understand the Quran, it is essential to study the Torah (included in the Old Testament).
If you want to study the Torah, study the Torah, but not the Christian mistranslation found in so-called Old Testament.

Old 02-20-2012, 04:08 AM

The Torah available now is not the original Torah revealed by God to His messenger Moses and the prophets followed him.

The Torah available now is the Torah written by Ezra son of Siraeh following their return from the captivity of Babylon.

The Torah [or Hebrew Bible] of Ezra

Old 02-20-2012, 05:17 AM

The staff of Moses
It was a true serpent: a large stout thick one.
This serpent was created for Moses in particular; it was a serpent with scales and retracted its head and stiffened inside its scales to be like a staff; Moses saw it in his way and picked it to serve many purposes. He did not know it was a serpent; then when God spoke to him on the Mount Hor or El-Tor or Horeb as do Jews call it;
so God asked him: What is this by your right hand, Moses?
Moses answered: It is my staff; on which I lean; with it I drive along my sheep, and in it I find other uses.
God said: Cast it on the ground.
Moses cast it, and it showed its head and started to move vigorously. So at that time, Moses discovered it was a serpent in reality and that it was not a staff; then when he picked it up, it hid her head and became like a stout staff.

Then when Moses went to Pharaoh, and the magicians gathered, Moses threatened them with God's severe punishment, so they decided to see was the staff of Moses only a magic trick or not.
Then when they cast their sticks and ropes they deluded people eyes and people (including Moses also) imagined the sticks and ropes jerk and move like snakes.

But the staff of Moses was a real serpent, a large and terrifying one; it protruded its head and started to blow and buff, and it attacked the ropes and sticks of the magicians , and to bite and cut them with its mouth and throw them away.

Then the magicians submitted themselves to God and became Muslims (literally: submitting to God).

And when Pharaoh refused to admit the truth and believe, the serpent attacked Pharaoh and his men, and there was mess and Pharaoh retreated to his palace; so this is the story of the staff of Moses.

See the story of the staff of Moses in the Quran in many ayat: actually a large number of ayat: like the chapters 7, 10, 20, 26, 27, 28.

The Koran Interpreted A Translation by A. J. Arberry

Old 02-20-2012, 05:27 AM

Another mistake in The Ten Commandments movie about Moses staff:

In the movie, Moses held it by his both hands above his head: no, not like this; but the true thing is that God commanded him to strike the sea with his staff, and the sea was parted (according to God's might), not according to Moses might.

In the newer edition of the movie, another actor held the staff above his heads and (as if by his influence the sea parted, and Moses kept up holding the staff in that way, and he became tired so Aaron assisted him and held the staff together with Moses!

Which is not correct.

Explanation:
In this forum, they prevent me from telling the Quran ayat. So let the interested reader do search about these ayat in the internet.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:34 AM

My explanations are according to the late interpreter of the Quran and the Bible, the inspired man: Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

Another correction:
In the wilderness, Moses struck the rock twice:

One time the rock brought about 12 springs of water.

In the second: God told him to gather the Children of Israel and speak to the rock before them and then strike it with his staff; but Moses did not speak to them; he merely struck the rock with his staff: so only one water-spring issued.

The lesson from this: God wanted to show them: the stone hearken and you - according to your hard hearts - do not hearken.
This is to show them their hard hearts.

Their Hearts Were Hardened

Old 02-20-2012, 09:47 AM

282 posts, read 298,267 times
The Holy Quran talked about both the old\new testament coz it came after both of them, not forget to mention that Quran was kept literally on the contrary was the case with all previous books.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:08 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resigned View Post
The Holy Quran talked about both the old\new testament ...
The so-called Old Testament is a Christian mistranslation of the Jewish Bible; or, in other words, the Christian Old Testament is not the Jewish Bible.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:11 AM

282 posts, read 298,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
The so-called Old Testament is a Christian mistranslation of the Jewish Bible; or, in other words, the Christian Old Testament is not the Jewish Bible.
woops! you already posted that befor.I think you have a new version of jewish Bible? anyway if we don't apply and adhere to the good commandments which were written there, all of the scriptures will be of no use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality