Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 08:16 PM

258 posts, read 790,497 times

Advertisements

Satanoid, you asked question:
"Under nazi occupation of European countries, would Christian citizens of those countries be required to submit to Nazi authority, or would the doctrine of Christianity compel them to forcibly resist?"

You would think Christians WOULD be compelled to forcibly resist, but sadly, during the Nazi occupation the vast majority did not resist, but joined the Nazi party in their army. The only ones who resisted because of their Christian beliefs were Jehovah's Witnesses.

During The Nazi Regime (http://www.wtv-zone.com/intelligent-health/Bible/naziregime.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 08:18 PM

258 posts, read 790,497 times
AdrianR, your bold and regular text makes your posts difficult to read. Try underlining instead.

Very good answer though, are you a Jehovah's Witness?

Old 09-08-2007, 09:42 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
People should fight evil, not because their religion tells them so, but because it is the right thing to do.

Old 09-08-2007, 10:19 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,340 times
Tricky D,
How did mange to get tricked by the devout atheists, This is not the religious/
philosophy forum. This is a Christian one, " and they over came him, satan, by the blood of the lamb and the word.......... Stay out of disputes with them, besides you posted a thread to Christians, right? Well you only need to listen to Christian answers.If you don't know already you can block them from your thread, PM me if you need to. ? Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God" it is written that " you should worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve"

Old 09-08-2007, 10:41 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
What are you trying to say?
The Nazi's considered themselves Christians. History has shown us that slavery and fascism was only natural to many Southern Christian slave-holders. Like apartheid was only natural for the Christian South-African Boers.

I'm just trying to say that being a Christian doesn't guarantee that you will always do the right thing.
That it might even be dangerous to think that because you are a Christian you're always right. This is what fascists believe. Fascist believe that they are always right because they're superior to others.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:15 AM

7 posts, read 10,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
What are you trying to say?
The Nazi's considered themselves Christians. History has shown us that slavery and fascism was only natural to many Southern Christian slave-holders. Like apartheid was only natural for the Christian South-African Boers.

I'm just trying to say that being a Christian doesn't guarantee that you will always do the right thing.
That it might even be dangerous to think that because you are a Christian you're always right. This is what fascists believe. Fascist believe that they are always right because they're superior to others.

So unfortunately true. Nazi's did think they were doing the right thing and they were religious. Hitler went to church and celebrated Christian holidays. It's so sad how virtually anyone can be controlled and influenced. Some Scientologist sign away their entire will to the Church of Scientology, people disown their families and I honestly fear the possibility that a religious leader in our own time could influence people to kill themselves or others. It's been done so many times in our history. Try watching a televangalist program sometime, the ones with 20,000+ people in the audience and then imagine what if with all the devout followers who hang at every word that the pastor says he just up and tells everyone to kill everyone that doesn't announce Jesus as their savior. You may think that's rediculous, but it's happened several times even in the past 20 years. What do you think drives the insurgents in Iraq? Causes over 100 people to kill themselves in the Heaven's Gate Cult? Waco, Texas anyone? This isn't a religion is evil thing, but a fact that there are people who may see how vulnerable human beings are and take advantage of it. It's said that L. Ron Hubbard made a bet with a colleague of his that he could make a religion and now we have 10 million followers of Scientology with some members (John Travolta and Tom Cruise for example) who go as far sign away their wills to the Church of Scientology just to prove their "faith". The fact that 10 million people believe there is an intergalactic space walrus is testament to what I'm saying.

All in all, one must always consider what they feel is right or wrong first. Read the bible, go to church if you want, maybe read the Koran too, but remember to self-reflect about what you feel and not what someone tells you to feel. Religion is for guidance and for personal interpretation. Don't look for people to tell you what to believe.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:34 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,167 times
You are supposed to do whatever little thirsty tells you to do....HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Sorry couldn't resist! Very interesting thread. If the laws are against your moral compass, I say stand up for what you believe. Dangerous I know. Dangerous.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:06 AM

897 posts, read 2,457,689 times
If you’re going to talk about the Nazi than do not forget the Spanish inquisition and the crusades.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:25 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Default Perfecting the law

Quote:
As a Christian what laws am I supposed to follow?
If this is still the question.

The passages from scripture has been supplied by others on this thread. Jesus tells us that not a single part of the law is gone... but the law has been perfected, by Him.

OK... so the next logical question (assuming you accept what Jesus said) is
"what is perfecting the law"?

Perfection of the law is living in the spirit of the law. Knowing first... rather then just following. Example: a father has a rule " do not cross the street" for his children (little Johnie). The kids grow up... now the rule is "don't cross" keeps (big Johnie) from getting to work. Hmmmmm..... everyone says the "rule" (law) is stupid, outdated, doesn't apply, it's meant to control. In fact, the spirit of the law, (intent) was to keep little Johnie alive, because without his fathers discernment he'd be road kill. So... what hasn't changed? well keeping Johnie alive and well is still the intent. Johnie has grown, and learned, matured, and understands what the rule was about. He realizes his fathers love for him, by making rules... was to keep him safe.
The father see's Johnie has grown and understands... and says "now you can cross the street" because the intent is STILL to keep Johnie alive. Nothing has changed about the law... it's just perfected, because, as we grow we move from "milk to meat".

We can easily make what is complex, into complicated. If all of the law was about love, then the new covenant is about writing the law...
into your heart.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:49 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianR View Post
Bigthirsty, as to the Law Covenant contained in the Old Testament, the Scriptres say in the New Testament, "For Christ is the end of the Law..." (Rom. 10:4) When God accepted the sacrafice of Jesus, the Law was done away with. Colossians 2:13, 14 says, "Furthermore, though you were dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcised state of your flesh, [God] made you alive together with Him. He kindly forgave us all our trespasses, and blotted out the handwritten document against us, which consisted of decrees and which was in opposition to us, and He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake." And again at Ephesians 2:14, 15 says, "...By means of his [Jesus] flesh he abolished the enmity, the Law of commandemnts consisting in decrees..." The apostle Paul says concerning the Law Covenant, "In saying, "a new [covenant]" he has made the former one obsolete. Now that which is made obsolete and growing old is near to vanishing away." (Hebrews 8:13) This is also what is meant when Jesus speaks of the unshrunk patch of cloth on a piece of clothes and of old and new wineskins. (Matthew 9:14-17) The old Law Covenant was being replaced with the new Covenant initiated by Christ Jesus.

So, does that mean that we no longer have to follow the moral aspects of the Law? By no means! Malachi 3:6 says, "For I am Jehovah, I have not changed..." By doing away with the Law God was not changing his standards. The principals embodied in the Law are beneficial for us today. Please read Romans 13:8-10, Epeshians 6:1-3, Romans 12:19-Compare Leveticus 19:18. Christians do not need to conform to a set code of laws, decrees, fetivals and sacrafices, for Hebrews 8:7-10 says, "For if that first covenant had been faultless, no place would have been sought for a second; for he [God] does find fault with the peoples when he says, "Look! There are days coming," says Jehovah, "and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a new covenant, and not according to the covenant that I made with their forefathers in the day of my taking hold of their hand to bring them forth out of the land of Egypt, because they did not continue in my covenant, so that I stopped caring for them," says Jehovah." But why do we not need the Law Covenant? Hebrews 8:7-10 continues, "For this is the covenant that I shall conclude with the house of Israel after those days," says Jehovah, "I will put my laws in their mind, and in their hearts I shall write them. And I will become thier God, and they themselves will become my people." Chrsitians follow the example of Jesus Christ by cultivating the fruits of the Holy Spirit, (Galatians 5:22) and not by following the Law Covenant which is obsolete. They live not by the the circumcision of the flesh according to the Law but by the circumcision of the heart according to the Holy Spirit. -Acts 12:1-20

yeah.. pardon me if I seem confused.. I generally stay in a state of confusion but.. I'm confused.

It just seems conflicting.. like a circular reference..

Follow OT Laws --> JC Don't follow but follow the principals --> Everything in the Bible is the Truth --> Follow OT Laws --> JC Don't follow but follow the principals --> Everything in the Bible is the Truth --> Follow OT Laws --> JC Don't follow but follow the principals --> Everything in the Bible is the Truth --> Follow OT Laws --> JC Don't follow but follow the principals --> Everything in the Bible is the Truth --> Follow OT Laws --> etc etc..

See how it goes round and round..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality