U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 04:34 AM

15,628 posts, read 7,837,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
Atheism = hopelessness and purposelessness. If that's the world you want, have at it. I CHOOSE something better.
I actually see meanings and purposes devised by us as better than an arbitrary Plan supposedly devised any one of a number of different beings who seem to exist nowhere outside of our own heads.

And hope for the speculative 'to come' is like failing to engage in gainful employment in the Hope that you will win a million. I choose something more rational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 12:50 PM

1,149 posts, read 523,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
  • This god would communicate with everyone (on demand) .
I stopped here. Who are we to demand anything of God? He would not be god if we could command him to do things.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:50 PM

5,417 posts, read 3,629,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
I stopped here. Who are we to demand anything of God? He would not be god if we could command him to do things.
Ask anything in my name and the father shall do it (paraphrased)

On demand means as and when required aka ASK....

Next.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:11 PM

1,149 posts, read 523,859 times
Quote:
Ask anything in my name and the father shall do it (paraphrased)

On demand means as and when required aka ASK....

Next.
Yet another post that reveals your dishonesty about "being a Christian for 30 years".

I have been a believer for a little over 2 years now, and I know the correct interpretation and context of said verse.

You should know that motives and if the believer is in fellowship with the Lord, is what determines what we receive.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:42 PM

115 posts, read 49,757 times
Here is my definition of God:
I posit a portion of that which exists, that is read-only that exists as such only in God, and a portion that is writable to only by God and thus exists as a part of him as well. Everything else is the universe, or perhaps the multiverse. I believe that even if any portion of God were to be unreadable to the universe, it can be derived.

By some definitions of God I am a God. I am even not unwilling to become your God.

So, ask me anty questions you want and then tell me. Have I provided any solid proof or evidence for a god.?

Old 03-08-2012, 08:08 PM

115 posts, read 49,757 times
Proof of my divinity:
Quote:
This god would communicate with everyone (on demand) and in an irrefutable manner.
Here I am, more ore less in an irrefutable manner. I answer all who find me in all my times and places.
Quote:
There would be only one doctrine and only one "church."
Check. Feel free to dispute me on that, but I think the one doctrine is that my good is everyone's good, according to my sole judgement about covers it.
Quote:
There would be no need for theologians to explain stuff to us on his behalf.
So, what do you want to know?
Quote:
When asked to perform a miracle, if it did not transpire, we would not be left guessing why.
It is not my good. I will resurrect everyone in my time. Further details as to why a specific miracle did not occur can be provided.
Quote:
This god would require no worship, perhaps reverence/respect.
It is my good that those who choose to "worship" me, do so, and in accordance with my good judgement.[/quote]
Quote:
This god would not be hung up on our sexuality.
Check
Quote:
This god would in fact deal with issues like famine and starvation in various parts of the world.
Those who seek my will, to the extent that they seek my will will not go hungry. I cannot be responsible for failure to relocate to where there is food for you. Further refinement of how I deal with issues like famine and starvation is available upon request
Quote:
.This god would not allow political leaders to milk/con us and enslave us to a system of usury.
My reply is little different than the one for fanube abd starvation.
Quote:
Justice would be swift, logical and honourable.
If you seek justice from me it will be swift, logical and honorable.
Quote:
Women would not be seen as 2nd rate citizens.
As a whole, I do not see anyone as 2nd rate citizens. 2nd class citizens on the other hand... I have found that some people seek to become 2nd class citizens, if slavery is to be considered a second class. Further details are available upon request, but for reference you may see Chobits, available on Netflix and DVD, DearS, available on DVD, and Key the Metal Idol, available on DVD. Free DVD's are available upon request and my good judgement.
Quote:
Of course this god would not have a devil with whom he plays cosmic chess using humans as pawns.
Sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality