Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 10:58 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,254,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdsag View Post
I appreciate all of your prayers. I had another set back this past weekend. I had to take my 4 year old to the ER and found that he has pnemonia. He is an asthmatic so it has been a rough couple of nights. Thank god he is doing better today. I have hit such a "low" in my life right now and I know that I just need to be positive for my family but it is so hard. I cry all the time and I try and hide it from my kids but I know they can feel the pain in my heart. I am not as concerned about the medical bills up front as I am just our living expenses. I am concerned because I know when he misses alot of work this winter we will not have the money to pay the bills. Pray, pray, pray. That is all I can do. My mom tells me that god will not give me more than I can handle, and that he will take care of us. I pray she is right. I have been down this road before when my 8 yr old was born at 3 pounds and had problems. The big difference is I still had short term disability and my husband could still work. Our insurance also paid most of the medical bills. So this situation is so different.
Again, I appreciate all of your prayers!! So many are praying for us and I can't thank anyone enough!!
So sorry about your recent setbacks! It's really tough when we are going through a trial and something else hits! I am praying that the Lord will give you a special sense of peace and encouragement and sense of His presence today. You guys are facing a lot, no doubt! I know this may sound trite, but just try to remember and focus on taking it one day at a time. Jesus said "sufficient for today is the trouble thereof" (kaykay's paraphrase) And try to remember what's really important--you guys have the Lord and you have each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 01:10 PM

258 posts, read 790,043 times
I also suffered from kidney failure caused by a cancer tumor that blocks my ureters. I have lived with a nephrostomy for 7 months, I know the pain and discomfort your husband must be experiencing and I know the fears you and your family are having. "Throw your burdons on the Lord and he himself will sustain you." I will pray for your husband and family as well.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:34 AM

193 posts, read 1,027,446 times
This is an update on my husband and I am still asking for prayers. He went back to the mayo clinic in Rochester last week and they found a third stricture. Not what we needed to find out. Now it is looking like he might need 4-5 buckle surgeries and that puts him out of work for 5-6 months. I pray to god that this is not the case. He had his super-pubic tube changed last week and he will again in November and again in December. On December 5 he will have surgery and they will take a scope and look and see exactly what the damage is and if it can be fixed or not. If they can not help him he will have a super-pubic tube for the rest of his life. He hates the thought of that, he is a 36 year old man who loves to play ball and things with his three young sons. Please continue to pray for my husband. I believe the lord is listening to all the prayers. I have been given the opportunity to clean our offices at work. I am very tired but the extra money is going to help. Please pray for our finances and for our children to handle this stressful time in our lives. I thank all of you for all of your prayers and ask that you continue to pray for my family.

Thank you and god bless all of you!!
lpdsag

Old 10-08-2007, 02:09 PM

396 posts, read 398,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdsag View Post
My husband had to go to the mayo clinic this past tuesday for a urethral stricture. We were hoping to get information on when he could have surgery to fix his problem. We ended up having surgery the next day to prevent kidney failure. My husband has to go back for 3 more surgeries over the next 6 months and we are going to be in so much financial trouble. This is going to cost us out of pocket over 10 thousand dollars. I don't know what we are going to do. He is self employed and going to miss up to 2 1/2 months of work. Please pray for good recovery for my husband and for our financial trouble. Please pray that god gives me direction. I want to have a fund raiser but I am not sure if it is right to do that or not. My husband had a catheter put in is abnomin this week and has to have buckle surgeries using tissue from his mouth. He has a tandem stricture which makes problems much worse. I know we are in good hands at the mayo clinic in Rochester but I am still so worried about my husband. Please pray for my family and I. We have three sons that are worried about their dad. Thank you so much!!
These will be my words, but let them be your prayer also as you read this: "Lord, I come before You humbly Lord to give thanks to You and to recognize You in our lives, as our sovereign God. Father, we know Your mercy is overflowing, and by Your hand all things are made good for the glory of Your kingdom Lord.

Lord Jesus, I lift up this prayer to You that You might find it good in Your eyes God. I ask Lord that you open our heart Lord that we may understand what it is You're doing in our life that we may recognize You moving through us so other's can see the wonderful work You're doing. God, I pray You give us guidance. I pray you bless us with peace, Lord. I pray that You lead us to a place where we surrender our will unto You Lord that we, as an entire family can praise You once You lead us through this trying time. Father, I pray You send wise people into our life that can help us in managing our finances and medical bills, Lord.

Father, I pray you bless this family with fortitude to seek Your word and Your will for our life. God, I pray you bless this family with a willing heart to follow your ways even in the midst of this trial impacting us. Lord, I pray you give all of us a strong spirit to seek You out at this time.

Lord, this is my prayer.
It's in Jesus Name I pray, Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality