U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 03:36 PM

4,610 posts, read 3,871,838 times

Advertisements

Hi Woodrow, nice to see you back.

It seems that every religion has persons (Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Joe Smith) who hear their god's teachings and pass them on to their followers.

Do you think the intelligent beings on other planets have their own leaders who talk directly with their god?

If so, then do you think their religious leaders are the same ones we have, just in a different form?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 03:57 PM

631 posts, read 848,821 times
There is One Jesus Christ. He didn't provide salvation for aliens on other planets.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:40 PM

1,745 posts, read 1,792,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
There is One Jesus Christ. He didn't provide salvation for aliens on other planets.
So those aliens don't live on fallen worlds? Guess they didn't eat the forbidden fruit in their Garden of Eden. Or perhaps there weren't enough talking snakes to go around...

When they die do they go straight to hell, or to heaven since they haven't heard of Jesus?

Old 03-06-2012, 06:41 PM

14,783 posts, read 17,525,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The concept of multiple Saviors borders on the absurd as it would mean God(swt)'s one sacrifice was not sufficient to save all human-like life forms.
There are an estimated one septillion stars in the universe. (That's one followed by 24 zeros.) The number of planets is probably larger than that.

When you consider how many possible human-like life forms there may be, I'd say it's absurd to think that knowledge about Jesus from earth will get around to those places anytime soon.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:55 PM

48,604 posts, read 48,311,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In Genesis 1: 14-18.....God said ``Let be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night and let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, to give light on the earth and it was so and God made the stars also, and the evening and the morning were the fourth day``...... See for people who believe in the seven solar day creation, God did not even create the day until the fourth day , go figure !....... See there are no other planets in scripture where there is life apart from the lone earth , as we are the only planet that has life in all the vastness of the space realm, and there is only one Jesus , and aliens of other planets are science fiction, and the aliens who people witness are fallen angel and demonic dark spirit that are stuck on the earth by the power of the Lord God and the Only living God ......
So you're saying the Borg wouldn't have been able to assimilate Jesus, right?

Old 03-06-2012, 06:58 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,015,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
.::Sigh::
Qiute irritating when a Christian sticks to what Christian theology actually teaches isn't it Mystic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Amusing theories all!

Personally, i'm beginning to think Earth just might be the lunatic asylum for the multiverse.

~OR~

We're just something that got shoved way back in the celestial fridge and the supreme being that so many are terrified of is the cleaning lady.

Ya just never know
Interesting. My theory on the whole thing is that one day a little alien family from a galaxy far far away went on a "road trip" across the unverse one day and one of their little ones needed to stop for a "potty break". So they drove around for quite some time until they happened upon this big ole rock in the milky way galaxy and decided that was as good a place as any.

And thus, so it began, the great bowel movement that would set in motion what would eventually become the human race......

Prove me wrong

Old 03-06-2012, 07:01 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,015,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I assume you believe that your god also takes care of intelligent life on other planets in the Universe.

But who takes the place of Jesus on those planets? Did our version of Jesus also live on those planets to give them salvation, or do they have their own version of Jesus?

What if those civilizations are much, much more advanced than ours and became intelligent millions of years ago? Do you think their Jesus also lived millions of years ago? If so, they sure have been waiting a long time for their Rapture.
The only thing I think I would be interested in is if an alien race that had no previous contact with Earth and knew nothing about our culture came to earth talking of their savior Jesus Christ. If that happened I think I would fall tomy knees and pray to God right then and there asking him to save me. I doubt that will ever happen though.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:39 PM

15,360 posts, read 22,134,308 times
Quote:
I assume you believe that your god also takes care of intelligent life on other planets in the Universe.

But who takes the place of Jesus on those planets? Did our version of Jesus also live on those planets to give them salvation, or do they have their own version of Jesus?

What if those civilizations are much, much more advanced than ours and became intelligent millions of years ago? Do you think their Jesus also lived millions of years ago? If so, they sure have been waiting a long time for their Rapture.

You're mixing science and religion. Other planets in our solar system haven't been found to contain life forms as we know it.

Life forms in another solar system in the universe certainly, but then our goverment doesn't acknowledge their existance. Perhaps they do have a higher power.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:24 PM

16,301 posts, read 23,797,532 times
Quote:
Based on this assumption, there are two possible scenarios based on the fact there is absolutely no sign of any god taking care of this rock and its inhabitants;

Thus there is either no god, or there is no intelligent life here.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,374,200 times
Yes, and one day all these "Jesus'" will engage in an MMA cage match, and whoever comes out on top wins the souls of all of the universes's inhabitants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality