Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 01:18 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Only when evidence gets sick.
Evidence gets sick? Perhaps you can provide an example?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:28 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius
It's based on the assumption that Noah and his gang were all one race. If that is the case, how do you explain how eight people of one race managed to spawn the many races that we have today...if not by a 'miracle'? I'm assuming that none of those aboard this miraculous ark were Chinese or Negroid, so how do we get Chinese and Negroid people today?
Quote:
So you're assuming that they were white? Right. I guess that's why the concept of 4 families repopulating the Earth is hard for you to grasp. I never seen 2 white people yield diversity.
Maybe Rafius doesn't really believe his own theories of evolution that people change due to their settings?

People who settled after the world-wide flood in Africa developed more melatonin possibly due to more sun?

People in South America likewise are much darker than their North American counterparts.

I'm not saying this is the cause but it does provide a possibility.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:31 PM

26 posts, read 21,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
First, I find the fact this is the first post for this account on C-D. Makes one wonder

Now to the bolded points;
You can call it 4 families, but it is a very very shallow gene pool, with the male side all being related.

If they all died in the flood, how were they able to "pass down" the tall tales?
Europe- least genetically diverse region on Earth
Sub Saharan Africa- most genetically diverse region on Earth

So there seems to be some kind of bias in your remarks (the one that suggests the families were Caucasoid).

Old 03-12-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijustlinn View Post
Europe- least genetically diverse region on Earth
Sub Saharan Africa- most genetically diverse region on Earth

So there seems to be some kind of bias in your remarks (the one that suggests the families were Caucasoid).
Define genetic diversity.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:37 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,069 times
Default Funny!

Quote:
I wonder if the evolutionists can explain how human made metal artifacts have been found in coal strata?
Link? This I've got to read about! (PS: you can't just drop fantasy unsubstantiated or mis-guided statements like this, as if they were absolute and irrefutable, and leave it at that, else I'll do the same!)

Example: "How can you explain that god came to me last night and told me I was completely right, and you, Eusebius, were completely wrong, about, well... everything?"

He did! I mean, why would I lie?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:40 PM

Default Nonsensical RUBBISH on it's face.

Quote:
You keep saying the global flood is just a myth but you have not actually PROVEN it is just a myth. All you have done is scrap together a statement here and there, cobbled them together and said: "here this proves the global flood story is just a myth."

No one except Noah and his family survived. All stories are post flood stories handed down from Noah and family.
Yeah, we have, over and over. You are just incapable of cogent thought.

Or, as Joe said on the previous page: "I think that believing that the flood myth was true, would only be possible with an IQ of 1."

In one summary word: it's all RUBBISH! And proven to be so, time and again.

RUBBISH.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Define genetic diversity.
Whatever scientist defines it as...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_genetic_variation

Quote:
Long and Kittles show that indeed, African populations contain about 100% of human genetic diversity, whereas in populations outside of Africa diversity is much reduced, for example in their population from New Guinea only about 70% of human variation is captured.
Quote:
Sub-Saharan Africa has the most human genetic diversity and the same has been shown to hold true for phenotypic diversity.[28] Phenotype is connected to genotype through gene expression. Genetic diversity decreases smoothly with migratory distance from that region, which many scientists believe to be the origin of modern humans, and that decrease is mirrored by a decrease in phenotypic variation.
So the "shallow gene pool" argument would work if they were European. But of course we both know "shallow gene pools" do not produce diverse ones.

Last edited by ijustlinn; 03-12-2012 at 01:53 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 01:53 PM

Default Double RUBBISH!

Just one of you Christian geniuses needs to convincingly provide us with the basic population dynamics math showing just how two hopefully fertile I(and not terminally sea-sick... ) women and two randy men could possibly have procreated, and at what rate, to produce the necessary 57+ Billion or so hominids, with vastly differing genetic heritages, in less than 2500 years?

Currently 7+B of them are our over-running mass of present-day mostly illiterate survivors, but the other 50B have, obviously, all previously died off. (YUP a lot have died off, but still, they had to have been born to provide the basis for what we now see!)

Oh, unless you're also claiming immortality for the lot of them? I'd hardly put that concept past you guys either. (What total, encumbering ignorance you all live in!)

Btw, the current rate of population growth is 250,000 a day. But that's out of 7+B people, not out of 2! So.. this I reeellleee gotz to see, but if you actually try to prove it to us, you'll see it's simply RUBBISH, as in NOT MATHEMATICALLY POSSIBLE.

Again: provably RUBBISH. On so many different levels too!

Old 03-12-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Just one of you Christian geniuses needs to convincingly provide us with the basic population dynamics math showing just how two hopefully fertile I(and not terminally sea-sick... ) women and two randy men could possibly have procreated, and at what rate, to produce the necessary 57+ Billion or so hominids, with vastly differing genetic heritages, in less than 2500 years?

Currently 7+B of them are our over-running mass of present-day mostly illiterate survivors, but the other 50B have, obviously, all previously died off. (YUP a lot have died off, but still, they had to have been born to provide the basis for what we now see!)

Oh, unless you're also claiming immortality for the lot of them? I'd hardly put that concept past you guys either. (What total, encumbering ignorance you all live in!)

Btw, the current rate of population growth is 250,000 a day. But that's out of 7+B people, not out of 2! So.. this I reeellleee gotz to see, but if you actually try to prove it to us, you'll see it's simply RUBBISH, as in NOT MATHEMATICALLY POSSIBLE.

Again: provably RUBBISH. On so many different levels too!
That may be mathematically impossible. Where did you get 50 billion in 2500 years from? 250,000 babies a day? (you're just pulling numbers out of thin air) That's rubbish. BTW there were 4 men and 4 woman on the Ark.

As for your "vastly differing genetic heritages" I addressed this by pointing out the genetic diversity in Sub Saharan Africa that diminishes as you move away from the region.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Whatever scientist defines it as...
So, you're into scientific definitions and theories? Or, only when they are convenient?

Quote:
Where did you get 50 billion in 2500 years from (you're just pulling numbers out of thin air)? That's rubbish. BTW there were 4 men and 4 woman on the Ark.
Based on Science? BTW, you took offense to "all in the male side being related". If we were to take the Bible literally, isn't everybody?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality