Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 09:59 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,581,300 times

Advertisements

Water seeks its own level, and so does wickedness. Its no surprise to me that God once decided to give the earth a bath and cleanse it of its wickedness. I am sure it needed it then, as it needs it now. The reason why God will again bathe this world and cleanse it from its wickedness by fire, " Is" his promise not to do it by water again. Which is just another proof of his bathing this entire world in water once, his obligation to never do that again is manifested in his intent to do it by fire in the future.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:02 AM

27,360 posts, read 28,432,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Water seeks its own level, and so does wickedness. Its no surprise to me that God once decided to give the earth a bath and cleanse it of its wickedness. I am sure it needed it then, as it needs it now. The reason why God will again bathe this world and cleanse it from its wickedness by fire, " Is" his promise not to do it by water again. Which is just another proof of his bathing this entire world in water once, his obligation to never do that again is manifested in his intent to do it by fire in the future.
Well, if a large enough asteroid were to collide with the earth, then it would literally melt the earth's surface.

So, a world-wide fire is a distinct possibility.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:11 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,581,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Well, if a large enough asteroid were to collide with the earth, then it would literally melt the earth's surface.

So, a world-wide fire is a distinct possibility.

I am sure there is a scientific reasoning to explain things Big City , but God is not constricted by Science or defined by Science;

I mean he can make things happen man; how he does it, I just don't know. But his awesome mind gets it done, and we have already seen his intent is to " Replinish the Earth", and make it better; this is one of the reasons why human history is a " Type" of revealing of Gods plans. Often what he does or has done to the earth, he will do to man!

God literally " Baptised the earth" to cleanse it from its wickedness, which reveals he will " Baptise all of humanity", and cleanse us all of unrighteousness.

I kind of wish he would do me now. But I am anxcious and impatient.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:11 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,747,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
God does not take eternity to destroy it. If it took eternity it would never get destroyed. The Bible records 5 distinct eons/ages in which evil runs its course only to be destroyed at the end of the eons.
And if I told you that sounds like a page taken out of Hinduism, you will likely try to downplay that belief, because your "take" of the subject is "true". Hinduism believes in four distinct eons (yugas) though and over a span of 4.1 billion to 8.2 billion years. Do they have it right, or do you? Or, are you both right?

Do you believe that God hates evil? Or, is it that God likes drama, and likes to create people "He loves" only to denounce, torture and punish them? Why would God do that?

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 03-14-2012 at 10:35 AM..

Old 03-14-2012, 10:26 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,885,070 times
Default Gawd: it's never-ending!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
God can do things on a worldwide scale , flush the earth with water or fire , replinish the whole earth of humans or animals; and do it worldwide; such is the scope of his power! And he can save humanity worldwide, or confuse us worldwide. And often to understand God just a bit more, it just often requires a person curious to think on a worldwide basics.
Uhhhmmmm... OK then; so then WHY did He feel it necessary to kill all the OBVIOUS innocents and the plant life, including every last tuna, turtle, dolphin, whale, chimp elk, bear and ant?

Why not just hand-wavingly kill off the known evil entities? What was He trying to prove to the other non-evil types? That He was/is, you better believe it, sonny-boy, invincible and that they'd better not ever get out of hand? Those pesky dolphins, ants and such!

And then He knowingly banished all the obviously starving, dehydrated, poop-stained and totally exhausted Ark survivors to an absolutely devastated post-flood landscape, lovingly letting them off at the 13,500 foot ASL frozen, plantless and fresh-water free environs of upper Mt. Ararat?

(And what, you think salt-water inundation under about 20,000 to 28,000 feet of water pressure, for 18 months (and that would also be cold salt water...) is going to enhance the lifestyles and qualities of some rare tropical orchid, peanut tree, pineapple plant or corn stalk?

Not to mention all the now perch- and nest-less land-dependent birds, lizards, etc, etc. that didn't quite get there in time for Final Boarding Call?

What, did they all just swim like hell for 18 months, drinking cold salt water, but with absolutely nothing to eat but floating, rotting dead vegetation-and animal sewage?

No thanks: I'd rather go to a nice warm hell! I'm just saying: wouldn't you?

Old 03-14-2012, 10:33 AM

27,360 posts, read 28,432,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Uhhhmmmm... OK then; so then WHY did He feel it necessary to kill all the OBVIOUS innocents and the plant life, including every last tuna, turtle, dolphin, whale, chimp elk, bear and ant?
I thought all life in the oceans was supposedly unaffected by the Flood.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:10 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,154,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I thought all life in the oceans was supposedly unaffected by the Flood.
Marine fossils are routinely used by creationists as proof of the flood, even though the Bible is pretty clear that only humans and land animals were to be destroyed.

Interestingly they've yet to produce any fossil-rich strata containing the intermixed remains of marine life, land animals, plants, insects, etc that that such a flood would produce.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,911,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Well yeah, EG, but this way, virtual legions of new Christian hopefuls feel that they can get to lord it over us unbelievers, with that snearing and self-righteous "Oh you'll see, some day, and then I'll get to gloat when He turns you down!" stuff.
I don't know where you get this make-believe stuff. Is it from the same people that give you the make-believe evolution stuff?

I don't believe we will lord it over unbelievers nor do I believe in sneering at anyone. What you are doing is attacking the human rather than proving anything.

Quote:
What, God would tell all the Christian guys to sit about, doing mandatory & loud sneery-cheery time in His Pearly Gate bleachers, loudly yowling at hopeful but doomed hell-bound newcomers? Yup! Typical of The Greater Christian Fantasy...
Not so.

Quote:
Sadly, this huge hand-wringing daydream has, so far, and over the entirety of the accumulated millennia since the invention of the Christ/God fantasy, NEVER come true for any of them, though literally billions of Christian believers have so desperately hoped for it in their personal End Times fantasies.
It isn't supposed to come yet. Not until Romans 11:25 comes to pass.

Quote:
So sad. And too bad!
We have all the patience needed. It really isn't so sad nor too bad. You just have been taught the wrong way, that's all.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 AM

82 posts, read 152,719 times
Are people serious? No one can actually believe the Noah's ark story. Even most sensible religious people understand it as a parable and nothing more. Only so-called "born-agains" take a literal stance on everything the bible says, which explains why they are impossable to have a conversation with (they also believe the earth to be only 5000 years old…jackasses)

Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,911,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
God does not take eternity to destroy it. If it took eternity it would never get destroyed. The Bible records 5 distinct eons/ages in which evil runs its course only to be destroyed at the end of the eons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And if I told you that sounds like a page taken out of Hinduism, you will likely try to downplay that belief, because your "take" of the subject is "true". Hinduism believes in four distinct eons (yugas) though and over a span of 4.1 billion to 8.2 billion years. Do they have it right, or do you? Or, are you both right?
Good question. The Bible does not say how long the first eon (Genesis 1:1) lasted. It could have been billions of years. Then in Genesis 1:2 the earth became chaos and vacant ended that eon and began the next eon. That second eon ended with the destruction of the world by the world-wide flood of Noah's day. That eon lasted about a thousand or so years.
Then the third eon began after the flood which is the same eon we are in today.
This eon will be ended when the earthquake occurs in which all the cities of the nations fall. Then Christ will usher in the 1000 year eon. That eon will end when the earth is destroyed by fire and the final eon will usher in after that called the New Earth.
They (Hindus) seem to have a different take on the matter.

Quote:
Do you believe that God hates evil? Or, is it that God likes drama, and likes to create people "He loves" only to denounce, torture and punish them? Why would God do that?
God created evil and uses it for good:

Isa 45:7 Former of light and Creator of darkness, Maker of good and Creator of evil. I, Yahweh Elohim, made all of these things."

God doesn't torture anyone.
He might chasten people, yes. But if a parent didn't chasten their own children it would prove they don't love them. All chastening is for the betterment of the creature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality