U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-27-2012, 08:51 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,460,663 times
Reputation: 989

Advertisements

whoppers said he wants to make love to me. What's next?

 
Old 03-27-2012, 08:53 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,460,663 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
I'm not even going to waste my time answering such a post.
You may work for a Bible Publishing Firm - but that doesn't mean you know anything about Biblical Scholarship. Clearly you don't lol. If I'm embarrassed - it's at my mistake of assuming you could debate reasonably.

Golly. I'm sorry you think I'm ....snicker.... ignorant.
And this from a man/woman who says Bible scholars don't use translations! Buddy, that is ignorant!
 
Old 03-27-2012, 08:53 AM
 
3,488 posts, read 3,159,624 times
Reputation: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

The Sumerians came from one of Noah's three sons!
Find me one scholar in Sumerian who says that. Go ahead. I'll wait. FOREVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Not really. Most Jews accept the fact that Moses wrote the Penteteuch. They just don't believe he wrote about his own death. Joshua most likely wrote about his death because he took over the leadership from Moses.
"Most Jews" also believe that Jesus was not the Messiah. You agree with that? I guess you just pick and choose which Jewish traditions you believe in, right?
Did you also know that there's a Jewish tradition that a giant sat on top of the Ark to survive the Flood? That's where Goliath came from eventually! Yeh! Aren't traditions fun? Do you believe that one, too?

No - of course not. You just pick and choose which traditions fit your presuppositions. Convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yea, sure, like you saying Jesus said the world would end. What a joke. You can't even get your facts straight.
Yup, I'm clearly factless. Everyone in this thread is disagreeing with me, and NOT you. Yup.... (<sarcasm)
 
Old 03-27-2012, 08:58 AM
 
3,488 posts, read 3,159,624 times
Reputation: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
whoppers said he wants to make love to me. What's next? I mean... I wouldn't mind, quite frankly, but still. I was hoping whoppers would propose to me in private.
I never said any such thing. What are you smoking?
See - I can edit other people's posts too, just like you did to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
And this from a man/woman who says Bible scholars don't use translations! Buddy, that is ignorant!
They use translations in certain situations. Otherwise, they read the original language. ARE YOU FOR REAL? I mean - seriously, are you really that far out? Have you ever even talked to a biblical scholar? Next time you do - ask them to tell you how learning around 7 languages is pretty standard in college, when one majors in Biblical Studies. I wonder what they're going to use all those languages for - if they only ever use English translations! Golly!

You are amusing - the other posters were correct. I'll have to check on this thread later. See if you've actually done some research or engaged in any more amusing banter.
 
Old 03-27-2012, 09:07 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,460,663 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Find me one scholar in Sumerian who says that. Go ahead. I'll wait. FOREVER.
No need to wait for ever. Read it and weep:

Sons of Noah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When you get to the page search for sumer. It pains me to have to keep showing you your mistakes but that is the only way you will ever mature.


Quote:
"Most Jews" also believe that Jesus was not the Messiah. You agree with that? I guess you just pick and choose which Jewish traditions you believe in, right?
Did you also know that there's a Jewish tradition that a giant sat on top of the Ark to survive the Flood? That's where Goliath came from eventually! Yeh! Aren't traditions fun? Do you believe that one, too?

No - of course not. You just pick and choose which traditions fit your presuppositions. Convenient.
Yes, most Jews who don't believe Jesus is not the Messiah also believe Moses wrote the Penteteuch.

"According to Jewish tradition the Torah was dictated to Moses by God, with the exception of the last eight verses of Deuteronomy which describe his death.[11]" Torah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Smoked yet again.


Quote:
Yup, I'm clearly factless. Everyone in this thread is disagreeing with me, and NOT you. Yup.... (<sarcasm)
Just because your followers are just as wrong as you does not prove you are correct. It just proves they are as wrong as you are.
 
Old 03-27-2012, 09:13 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,460,663 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
They [bible scholars] use translations in certain situations. Otherwise, they read the original language. ARE YOU FOR REAL? I mean - seriously, are you really that far out?
Hmm, let's see, "Bible scholars," according to whoppers "use translations in certain situations."

Look at Barne's Notes on the Bible or Adam Clarke's Commentary on the Bible, or John Gills' Exposition on the Entire Bible, or Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible or I could go on and on and on. They do verse by verse commentary on the Bible.

A Bible Scholar gives us their understanding of what the Bible says by using the bible. whoppers, you are just plain wrong. The "certain situations" bible scholars use the bible is in all situations. That is why they are called "Bible Scholars after all, you know.

Last edited by Eusebius; 03-27-2012 at 10:08 AM..
 
Old 03-27-2012, 09:16 AM
 
3,488 posts, read 3,159,624 times
Reputation: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No need to wait for ever. Read it and weep:

Sons of Noah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When you get to the page search for sumer. It pains me to have to keep showing you your mistakes but that is the only way you will ever mature.
I asked you for a reference to a Sumerian Scholar who believes that the Sumerians actually descended from Noah. You gave me a link to a Wikipedia article which does NOT have such a reference to an actual Sumerian Scholar who believes such nonsense.

The article DOES say, however, that
A literal interpretation of Genesis 10 suggests that the present population of the world was descended from Noah's three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth, and their wives. Until the mid-19th century, this was taken by many as historical fact, and still is by many Orthodox Jews, and Christians
Notice that last sentence there.

I don't need to mature here.
 
Old 03-27-2012, 09:31 AM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
8,692 posts, read 11,454,441 times
Reputation: 3685
C'mon Whoppers, the proof that a global flood happened is that the global flood happened. With a proof like that, how can one possibly argue it.
 
Old 03-27-2012, 10:03 AM
 
34,859 posts, read 9,002,086 times
Reputation: 4814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The epic of Gilgamesh dates from about 4,000 years ago. The flood of Noah about 7,000 years ago. Noah wrote down everything about the flood and passed it on to his three sons. The epic of Gilgamesh came from one of the offspring of one of the three sons 3,000 years after the flood. Moses had the original account.
Show me one pre 1,000 BC clay tablet, inscribed plaque or mention in an Egyptian papyrus of the Noachian version of the flood and I will give you a rep point.

If you can't then you claim not only has no evidence for it but negative (but compelling) evidence against it.

Citing Genesis as proof of genesis is desperation - something that is becoming increasingly evident in your posts.
 
Old 03-27-2012, 10:10 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,460,663 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Show me one pre 1,000 BC clay tablet, inscribed plaque or mention in an Egyptian papyrus of the Noachian version of the flood and I will give you a rep point.

If you can't then you claim not only has no evidence for it but negative (but compelling) evidence against it.

Citing Genesis as proof of genesis is desperation - something that is becoming increasingly evident in your posts.
Prove to me the flood of Noah does not pre-date the Gilgamesh story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top