Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 02:45 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
But how do you know He is a murderous cloud-ghost if the Bible is just all made up stories which never happened?
You try to discredit someone by discrediting your own sources. You have the logic of a rabid animal.

I'm sorry you are just a troll, for it is impossible for someone to be as completely clueless and willfully stupid as you portray yourself and your fantasies.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:46 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,004 times
Quote:
Judaism had to come into being when, well, when Judah came into being. He was born many many many years after Shem and progeny founded China. You should not make BS up so your opponent finds it so easy to shoot hols in it.

"In the view of some 17th century European scholars (e.g., John Webb), the people of China and India descended from Shem.[5] Both Webb and the French Jesuits belonging to the Figurist school (late 17th-early 18th century) went even further, identifying the legendary Emperor Yao of Chinese history with Noah himself.[5]" Sons of Noah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Replace Judaism with the proto-Judaism then. The fact is the Judeo-Christian god is absent from ancient China. Why? If all Chinese are descendants of Noah? Especially after God did all that work with the yard. You think Shem's kin would be a bit more appreciative! You'd think that God would have been miffed at the Chinese back in those days. He wasn't very understanding back in the day if ya know what I mean. Maybe that's why they're short. Gods playing the long game......

Last edited by mikebnllnb; 04-10-2012 at 02:58 PM..

Old 04-10-2012, 02:48 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
bla bla bla
I suggest you look up the verses you quoted in trying to prove different writers of the flood story rather than just copying and pasting some ignorant writer. They do not show a different writer of the story in different parts.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:54 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
I already did comment on it here: Chinese Memories of Noah's Flood

No dude. I'm referring to post 1490 by Rifleman in which he was discussing the Chinese thought of the universe coming from a cosmic egg. You made no comment on that. You completely ignored what he was saying and asking you. You only made comment about Christian reps you recieved which you posted in post #1500. Nor did you supply any link to "Chinese memories of Noah's Flood" in post #1500.

As I said, you need to seek professional help mate!

Old 04-10-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Replace Judaism with the proto-Judaism then. The fact is the Judeo-Christian god is absent from ancient China. Why? If all Chinese are descendants of Noah?
The Chinese descended from Shem, not Noah.

Noah nor Shem were Judeo-Christian. Even Abraham's father, who came many many years after Noah, was an idol worshipper.

Why did China go to other religions rather than stick with the one true God? That is something someone else who has more time than I can research.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:57 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Originally Posted by Eusebius

Quote:
Originally Posted by by_Eusebius_the_Imaginer
Actually that is false. There is plenty water on our earth to completely submerge it. If there were no mountains there is enough water to submerge the earth by 8,000 feet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea
Are you making that up?

If all of the ice on Earth melted, whether at the poles or in glaciers or just sitting atop mountains, the sea level would only rise 70 meters or around 240 feet or so.

There's no way you can provide any scientific evidence for your claim, and of course you couch it in terms of "if there were no mountains," but there are mountains.
Yup. now you're seeing how his mind works.

Of course we've all heard that blather about how "the fountains of the deep opened up and disgorged masses of water" blah blah blah.

FACT: The trouble is, despite some mis-quotes from Tom (mhrip) C34 about recent scientific proofs of great amounts of water bottled up in the earth, that part was entirely mis-represented by Tom, who took much of the same animated, creatively imagined and Selectively Convenient mis-representations of fact that Big-E here does.

The water in question in the scientifically-based study, 1) only suggested it was there in some speculated quantities, but 2) that even if so, it as contained in deep but completely inaccessible micro-pore sedimentary/metamorphic structures which could possibly be accessed only with special negative hydrologic pressure equipment. Like Noah had, no doubt....

Hardly gushers of water flowing up onto the surface.

And yes, of course, the bible itself is full of commentary about mountains in the desert that Moses and others had to cross over. To "level" them all arbitrarily?

Pure, unadulterated fiction.

As Usual.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No dude. I'm referring to post 1490 by Rifleman in which he was discussing the Chinese thought of the universe coming from a cosmic egg. You made no comment on that. You completely ignored what he was saying and asking you. You only made comment about Christian reps you recieved which you posted in post #1500. Nor did you supply any link to "Chinese memories of Noah's Flood" in post #1500.

As I said, you need to seek professional help mate!
First of all, anyone who has studied Chinese would know it is highly symbolic. They don't REALLY think everything came from an egg. The egg is symbolic of something else to them.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Rafius said of himself:

Oh. Now I see how it all worked! How stupid I was!
Nah! It was rifleman that said that in post #1490.... not me. As I said pal....you've lost the plot. Seek help!

Old 04-10-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
First of all, anyone who has studied Chinese would know it is highly symbolic.
Yeah...just like the Bible!

Old 04-10-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
But how do you know He is a murderous cloud-ghost if the Bible is just all made up stories which never happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You try to discredit someone by discrediting your own sources. You have the logic of a rabid animal.

I'm sorry you are just a troll, for it is impossible for someone to be as completely clueless and willfully stupid as you portray yourself and your fantasies.
At least I'm still smarter than you. So that makes you . . . .

The psychological aspect I was tying to get him to see is that if the Bible really is one big myth then why is he so upset with this mythical (he even said He is a mythical God) God killing people. It is obviously too deep for you to comprehend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality