Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 02:00 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Much of Noahs civilization probally centered around ancient Mesopotamia ( modern Iraq), one of the oldest homes of men the region was rich in animals, fruit and vegetables and was nestled between two great rivers; The " Hiddekel ( Tigris) and the Euphrates ( Gen. 2:14)- a perfect place to start a flood! Changing the earths topography in this area was a perfect choice!

I can imagine the waters creating the great river system of southwest Asia, as the flood covered Turkey, Syria, Iraq and dumped into the Persian gulf. The region was perfect with valleys and gorges, all still there in eastern Anatolia.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:01 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
I don't believe that there was a flood as the bible states but then again I wasn't there.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:02 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Another pre-planned gesture. Sure, include that too.
Oh, O.K.

Quote:
No, I can't imagine that. You're the one claiming all the pre-planning and control, with every detail mapped out. Or, are you changing position on that, to, sometimes people do things that was not a part of God's plan?
What do you think?

Quote:
Why did God demolish the rest of them, including all the land animals? What did THEY do to Him, that He had no control over?
Gen 6:5 And seeing is Yahweh Elohim that much is the evil of humanity in the earth, and every form of the devices of its heart is but evil all its days.

It might be the animals didn't do anything TO HIM. Maybe they carried diseases which God didn't want coming over to the new earth after the flood. I don't know. I forgot to ask God this morning.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I don't believe that there was a flood as the bible states but then again I wasn't there.
I don't believe single celled amoebas got together and developed into a quadruped then into a monkey then into a human but, then again, I wasn't there.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I can imagine the waters creating the great river system of southwest Asia, as the flood covered Turkey, Syria, Iraq and dumped into the Persian gulf. The region was perfect with valleys and gorges, all still there in eastern Anatolia.

I can also imagine the flood as the source of creation of the " Fertile Cresent", between the Persian gulf and the Mediterrainean Sea; an area where the soil is so enriched over the years by layers of silt deposited by the flood.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:15 PM

HUSHING UP THE GUADELOUPE SKELETON

Just offshore of Guadeloupe, in the West Indies, lies a kilometer-long formation of extremely hard limestone dated as Miocene, or about 25 million years old.

Nothing surprising so far! However, history records that in the late 1700's many human skeletons---all indistinguishable from modern humans---were excavated from this limestone. One of the quarried specimens, ensconced in a 2-ton slab, was shipped to the British Museum.

It arrived in 1812 and was placed on public display. With the ascendance of Darwinism, the fossil skeleton was quietly spirited away to the basement. The discovery of these human remains has been well-documented in the scientific literature.

Here is another pertinent geological fact: the limestone formation in question is situated 2-3 meters below a "1-million-year-old" coral reef. If the limestone is truly 25 million years old, the human evolutionary timetable is grossly in error.

Even if this is not the case, and the bones are merely 1 million years old or so, as required by the coral reef; then, fully modern humans lived in the New World long before the Bering Land Bridge went into service.

The only way a serious geological or archeological anomaly can be avoided is to predicate that the limestone formation was really laid down in the last 10,000-20,000 years (in geo-materalist years)---something like that doesn't seem too likely.

((Cooper, Bill; "Human Fossils from Noah's Flood," Ex Nihilo, 1:6, no. 3, 1983.)

Comment. This sort of dating puzzle is manna to the scientific creationists. It is therefore not surprising to discover that Ex Nihilo is published by the Creation Science Foundation of Australia.

Nevertheless, the Guadeloupe skeletons truly exist---it's just that the creationists seem to be the only ones talking about them. You have seen their slant on them above. Other interpretations of the Guadeloupe skeletons will be presented in future issues.

Reference. Additional information on the Guadeloupe skeleton may be found at BHE12 in our Catalog: Biological Anomalies: Humans III.

From Science Frontiers #27, MAY-JUN 1983. 1997 William R. Corliss

Ooparts & Ancient High Technology--The Boneyards--Evidence of Noah's Flood?

Go to the above link to read about the bone yards all over the world showing a world-wide flood. The above is not from creationist papers from scientific papers.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I can also imagine the flood as the source of creation of the " Fertile Cresent", between the Persian gulf and the Mediterrainean Sea; an area where the soil is so enriched over the years by layers of silt deposited by the flood.

The Tigris Euphrates was perfect to start a flood, its really was just a giant valley. The flood probally created the Black and Red sea, the Casian sea and the Arabian Sea. And all these water supplys were vastly important during biblical times.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:26 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Ooparts cow excrement....The excellent condition of the skeleton, and the fact that it had originally been found with other skeletons (all pointing in the same direction) along with a dog and some implements, indicate that it was a recent burial. In addition, it has never been claimed to be from Miocene deposits by anyone except Cooper.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:28 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
The Tigris Euphrates was perfect to start a flood, its really was just a giant valley. The flood probally created the Black and Red sea, the Casian sea and the Arabian Sea. And all these water supplys were vastly important during biblical times.
Nobody is denying that there were and are massive floods, just that there was no impossible world flood.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:29 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,721,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtango View Post
Considering the following…

2. If someone came up with a story about what happened thousands of years before his birth, unless he had some records to work with, the story can be presumed to be fictious.

...you obviously do not!

People have been fashioning the so-called Venus figurines for approximately 40,000 years. During that time folklore conveyed from one generation to the other the story behind the worship of the said figurines. That story, transmitted orally, survived till humanity acquired writing systems and was finally recorded.

Records are not necessary and the story, although embellished by the human passion for exaggeration, can be presumed not necessarily fictitious.
RESPONSE:

What records are you claiming Moses had to work with, except the old Sumarian legend of Gilgamesh?

However, there is some truth in what you say. I don't doubt that there was a flood of some sort in ancient history. But it didn't wipe out all of mankind except for Noah and his kin.

The Epic of Gilgamesh (which I cited) is a much earlier version of a flood story than the one we have included in the Hebrew Old Testament supposedly written by Moses.

And, more importantly, it can easily be shown that Genesis is of much later origin than Moses' time. For example, Genesis claims that Moses met the Edomite kings (chapter 36). This would have to have been before Moses' death in (?) 1400 - 1500 BC.

However, one of the kings Moses lists was Hadar the last king of Edom. He dates from the time of Solomon. Moses was long dead.

More surprisingly, Genesis:36.31 tells us that " These are the kings who reigned in the land of Edom, before any king reigned over the Israelites." But The first king to rule over Israel dates from only about 1000 BC. Clearly Moses wasn't alive in 1000 BC, so how could he have known when the first king of Israel reigned?

The city of Dan is of a much more recent origin than during Moses' time, but Moses mentions it.

The reasonable explanation is that the first five books of the New Testament were not written by Moses, and from the information they contain can be seen to date, at the earliest, from about 1000 BC. They contain a lot of earlier folklore. Yet they still might contain some historical material, as you say.

They are not, however, inspired and thus inerrant by any means.

Last edited by ancient warrior; 03-14-2012 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: typoi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality