Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 12:35 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,158,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
our soldiers and cops come from the midwest and south. all our guts are there. here u just see our rear end (except for pendleton). religion plays a big role in character building.
whats it like in argentina?
Well, it produces alot of characters, for sure..
Usually the shady type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 01:05 AM

475 posts, read 507,757 times
Just look at this

The most biblically hostile President of all time? – Glenn Beck

In any other country people dont care if the president is religious, black, white, yellow, Muslim or Latino.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:08 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Just look at this

The most biblically hostile President of all time? – Glenn Beck

In any other country people dont care if the president is religious, black, white, yellow, Muslim or Latino.
I read the link and all I can say is

The advent of the first black president really brought the whackos out of the woodwork yet in my lifetime, he seems the smartest the US have recently elected even though much of what he promised has not been realised. Hard to do stuff when you step into a minefield left by the previous incumbents.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:37 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,931,619 times
Although Abraham is the father of many nations, most being Muslim.
Gen.17:4,5

Jesus told the Temple Priests that
The Kingdom 0f God would be taken from them.

And given to A Nation Bearing The Fruit 0f (the kingdom of God) it." Matt.21:43

- I think this could be why 'the U.S. is so religious'.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:27 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post

Yeah I heard this stuff espoused by some Televangelist and used the old 13 state US map and overlayed a plan of the temple (some stuff matched) and suggested that the US was the "new and improved" Israel2.0

Well I guess for the ONLY nation to EVER use nuclear weapons against other humans, it kinda lines up with the wrathful OT god hell bent on destroying other nations - seeing the US has been at war with someone since 1945 when the rest of the world ess stopped.

I am agreeing with you, not quite the way you may have expected though...

Old 03-09-2012, 06:30 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,158,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post

Wow, talk about a stretch...

The USA has no connection with your god or his kingdom. It was founded on secularism and our constitution nullifies most of your gods commandments.

Your god's kingdom is a theocratic dictatorship. You'll find no "fruit" of his kingdom in this country except for the hordes of fruity Christian wackaloons who believe it belongs to them.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:22 AM

115 posts, read 115,172 times
It's because this is where the entitled people came because they refused to accept that anything they wanted wasn't within their grasp.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:30 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
Wow, talk about a stretch...

The USA has no connection with your god or his kingdom. It was founded on secularism and our constitution nullifies most of your gods commandments.

Your god's kingdom is a theocratic dictatorship. You'll find no "fruit" of his kingdom in this country except for the hordes of fruity Christian wackaloons who believe it belongs to them.
Hmmm, see this is the kind of back and forth stuff that confuses people like the OP. The religious will say that this country was founded on religious principles, then you have other non-believers espousing that it wasn't, that it was founded on secularism. I'm an agnostic but I think the religious have it more correct, this country was originally formed with religious ideals BUT, it was also supposed to be a "free" country, which it is, where people are free to worship and believe whatever they want, which they do. However, somebody somewhere always has something to say about what someone else believes. Especially the Christians and Muslims.

I live in the deep south and it would be extremely difficult for someone from another country to come here and be comfortable unless they were also extremely religious. Which is sad imo, we should be more welcoming and not so hung up on religion and what someone else believes. I've lived here all my life and even I have a hard time as an agnostic because I'm totally alone in that non-belief. But we're used to the religion and having a church on every single corner, it's just a way of life around here. But for a stranger it can seem very overwhelming, I'm sure.

In spite of all that, there are some really good people here that would welcome newcomers, especially if they're willing to go to their church!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:38 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,182,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
our soldiers and cops come from the midwest and south. all our guts are there. here u just see our rear end (except for pendleton). religion plays a big role in character building.
whats it like in argentina?
What a bunch of tripe.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:57 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,931,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Yeah I heard this stuff espoused by some Televangelist and used the old 13 state US map and overlayed a plan of the temple (some stuff matched) and suggested that the US was the "new and improved" Israel2.0

Well I guess for the ONLY nation to EVER use nuclear weapons against other humans, it kinda lines up with the wrathful OT god hell bent on destroying other nations - seeing the US has been at war with someone since 1945 when the rest of the world ess stopped.

I am agreeing with you, not quite the way you may have expected though...
~ I agree with you so to speak as well.

The founding of this country on "Christians Principles" ?
Is not the fruit of my God's Kingdom.

My God never told His people to fight and die for
the right of all gods to worshiped equally as He is. -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality