Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 09:14 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

I don't know why I'm even bothering to respond - I suppose that it is because Mickiel at least tries to work out his own theories, even if the material is picked from any source, even the epistle of Peter - as though he knew anything about it - and even supposing that Salvation 'kept' in heaven represents anything resembling evolution, since it was simply a way of going back to the situation that existed when Adam was created, but which went astray and had to be brought back on course by Jesus' sacrifice.

That, Micki, is what the Bible says and, if I were to construct a theory based on it and involving a god and Jesus in which I believed, I would be very wary of denying it - and you will note that I was very careful not to use the 'Christian' label, so none of your 'I am not a Christian' evasions, please.

Of course, it might be hardly anything to do with evolution, except that Micki, like many other theists, has a perhaps understandable doubt that evolution (especially human evolution) is anything other than halted, and has joyfully slapped on salvation doctrine a printed out - label with his own invented term 'Reserved evolution' rather as I might apply the label, 'Calendar Oil' to the Bible - after all, I know what I'm talking about, even if nobody else does.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:25 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I don't know why I'm even bothering to respond - I suppose that it is because Mickiel at least tries to work out his own theories, even if the material is picked from any source, even the epistle of Peter - as though he knew anything about it - and even supposing that Salvation 'kept' in heaven represents anything resembling evolution, since it was simply a way of going back to the situation that existed when Adam was created, but which went astray and had to be brought back on course by Jesus' sacrifice.

That, Micki, is what the Bible says and, if I were to construct a theory based on it and involving a god and Jesus in which I believed, I would be very wary of denying it - and you will note that I was very careful not to use the 'Christian' label, so none of your 'I am not a Christian' evasions, please.

Of course, it might be hardly anything to do with evolution, except that Micki, like many other theists, has a perhaps understandable doubt that evolution (especially human evolution) is anything other than halted, and has joyfully slapped on salvation doctrine a printed out - label with his own invented term 'Reserved evolution' rather as I might apply the label, 'Calendar Oil' to the Bible - after all, I know what I'm talking about, even if nobody else does.

Well I am at the least trying to understand you as well, and admit I often don't. Evolution, as I understand the term, is basically development; any process of formation or growth; the continuous process of change; development from a rudimentary to a more complex state. If that does not describe the biblical process of being born again, then I don't know what does. Its evolution for sure, and the bible clearly states that this development is being reserved in heaven for humans.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:43 AM

Research and development is not evolution. Reforestation is not evolution. building up a business is not evolution nor is repopulating the fens with Goldeneye ducks evolution.

Evolution is a specific thing and should be used to refer to the theory of development of lifeforms through the mechanism of natural selection.

If you are talking about something else you should use another term, otherwise it does look as though you are using an impressively scientific - sounding term to denote some unsupported hypothesis of your own. Could be misleading

In fact I know very well that Biological evolution is indeed what you are talking about. You may have forgotten your theory but I haven't. It suggests that life evolved, yes, but man was an ape up to the stone age and then God gave them understanding of the kind needed for civilization (exemplified by farming and settled communities) This event found its way into the Bible (so you argued) as the Eden story and, if that bears no resemblance to the invention of farming and the development of microlithic tools, that wasn't going to cause you a moment's pause because you were going on to argue that, Evolution having reached the object of producing US, it was shut off (no doubt to save the batteries) though you now seem to arguing that it continues in the 'spiritual stage'.

Which brings me back to the point I made. That was the original stage at Eden from which we backslid and needed a Roman execution in order to get back to the golden age of the mesolithic.

I do hope you still recognize your thesis and haven't gone along so far that you forgot what it used to be.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Research and development is not evolution. Reforestation is not evolution. building up a business is not evolution nor is repopulating the fens with Goldeneye ducks evolution.

Evolution is a specific thing and should be used to refer to the theory of development of lifeforms through the mechanism of natural selection.

If you are talking about something else you should use another term, otherwise it does look as though you are using an impressively scientific - sounding term to denote some unsupported hypothesis of your own. Could be misleading

In fact I know very well that Biological evolution is indeed what you are talking about. You may have forgotten your theory but I haven't. It suggests that life evolved, yes, but man was an ape up to the stone age and then God gave them understanding of the kind needed for civilization (exemplified by farming and settled communities) This event found its way into the Bible (so you argued) as the Eden story and, if that bears no resemblance to the invention of farming and the development of microlithic tools, that wasn't going to cause you a moment's pause because you were going on to argue that, Evolution having reached the object of producing US, it was shut off (no doubt to save the batteries) though you now seem to arguing that it continues in the 'spiritual stage'.

Which brings me back to the point I made. That was the original stage at Eden from which we backslid and needed a Roman execution in order to get back to the golden age of the mesolithic.

I do hope you still recognize your thesis and haven't gone along so far that you forgot what it used to be.

Even my own thesis is evolving.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Even my own thesis is evolving.
I suppose that you wouldn't care to revise my summary to show how you revised (rather than evolved) it? Not, please what you disagree with in evolution theory or mainstream palaeontology, but what your theory currently looks like.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
I suppose that you wouldn't care to revise my summary to show how you revised (rather than evolved) it? Not, please what you disagree with in evolution theory or mainstream palaeontology, but what your theory currently looks like.

My thesis never suggested that man was an ape first, that was your imput; man has always been man. When you explain what I have stated, you change it, not me. The development of farming and tools is in the bible, you just don't know where. It is you, who do not understand me, or my views.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
My thesis never suggested that man was an ape first, that was your imput; man has always been man. When you explain what I have stated, you change it, not me. The development of farming and tools is in the bible, you just don't know where. It is you, who do not understand me, or my views.
I beg your pardon, but I am sure that your thesis took it than man was an animal up to the time he was 'englightened' in the mesolithic. Perhaps I did jump to the conclusion that you accepted evolution (since your theory used the term) up to then. But picking up that one matter is hardly a review of the theory as I set it out. I am asking you to tell me where I misunderstood it. Telling me that farming is in the bible is not doing so.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I beg your pardon, but I am sure that your thesis took it than man was an animal up to the time he was 'englightened' in the mesolithic. Perhaps I did jump to the conclusion that you accepted evolution (since your theory used the term) up to then. But picking up that one matter is hardly a review of the theory as I set it out. I am asking you to tell me where I misunderstood it. Telling me that farming is in the bible is not doing so.

I have NEVER stated that man was an animal, I never have believed that humans are continuous with the idiot hierarchy of speechless apes; man has always been man, humans have always been human. I believe the form and shape of humans evolved in their primordial years, but NEVER from ape to human. I believe primordial man had no working consciousness that can be likened to humans after Adam. Primordial evolution was primarily physical, not conscious evolution. Man begin to evolve consciously after God created Adam and gave him his image, or a working consciousness.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:21 PM

205 posts, read 374,538 times
every creature was made in there own likeness all differant there was no such thing of evolution........thats one of satins greatest lies to man kind.....

Old 06-18-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr jack View Post
every creature was made in there own likeness all differant there was no such thing of evolution........thats one of satins greatest lies to man kind.....

No, its one of his greatest lies to believers in God; God obviously created primordial humans and evolved them physically; he also gave these creatures a natural continuing evolution in repeating cycles; Frogs, butterfly's, some fish and amphibians, jellyfish and flies. Just to name a few who naturally evolve even today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality