Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 04:52 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,136,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Well I personally disagree with science, its way too broad in its definition of animals, and not distintive enough in its classifications. I don't know if your aware of this, but really science feels if something gets its energy from eating other things and it can move around, well then its an animal, and everythingelse is considered a plant.

And I disagree with that. I think there should be at the least, 4 different classifications; animal, insect, human and plant.
If you knew anything at all about evolutionary science you would know that there are a lot more than four classifications...

Old 07-04-2012, 07:54 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
Well I personally disagree with science, its way too broad in its definition of animals, and not distintive enough in its classifications. I don't know if your aware of this, but really science feels if something gets its energy from eating other things and it can move around, well then its an animal, and everythingelse is considered a plant.

And I disagree with that. I think there should be at the least, 4 different classifications; animal, insect, human and plant.
You're funny young weedhopper. You really are in no position to disagree with much of anything in science
You don't know much of what science is. Look up kingdoms. There are five, and maybe even six.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:21 AM

434 posts, read 342,398 times
Quote:
We can prove right now! How many years have you argued against there being a God? How many years have we argued with each other? You have not disproved it in all these years. How many Atheist converts have there been during those years, verses the believing converts during those years? STILL theres more believers converted to the idea of a God, verses those who convert to disbelief, even though the numbers of church membership is shrinking in places, most of those leaving religion, STILL believe in a God! Your inability to disprove God in a finite way, IS proof of a God, because all of your combined efforts cannot erase him. You cannot erase him from history or the belief of people, BECAUSE he exist.

Again, right now stunning proof of God!
You have never disproven the existence of Odin.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:32 AM

267 posts, read 216,437 times
Quote:
We can prove right now! How many years have you argued against there being a unicorn? How many years have we argued with each other? You have not disproved it in all these years. How many Atheist converts have there been during those years, verses the believing converts during those years? STILL theres more believers converted to the idea of a unicorn, verses those who convert to disbelief, even though the numbers of church membership is shrinking in places, most of those leaving religion, STILL believe in a unicorns! Your inability to disprove unicorns in a finite way, IS proof of a unicorns, because all of your combined efforts cannot erase them. You cannot erase them from history or the belief of people, BECAUSE unicorns exist exist.

Again, right now stunning proof of unicorns!
Isn't it amazing that the exact same argument proves unicorns exist.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:49 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
You're funny young weedhopper. You really are in no position to disagree with much of anything in science
You don't know much of what science is. Look up kingdoms. There are five, and maybe even six.

Look, scientist group all eating and moving beings into " One" group- animals. It is you who don't realize what I am talking about.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:51 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,136,097 times
There are many classifications...

Animalia

Organisms: Mammals, amphibians, sponges, insects, worms

Cell Type: Eukaryotic

Metabolism: Oxygen is needed for metabolism.

Nutrition Acquisition: Ingestion

Reproduction: Sexual reproduction

Mammals are one of the six basic groups of animals. They are chordates and tetrpods. Some of the better-known mammal groups include carnivores, rodents, elephants, marsupials, rabbits, bats, primates, seals, anteaters, cetaceans, odd-toed ungulates and even-toed ungulates.

In a similar way other creatures, and plants are classified.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
There are many classifications...

Animalia

Organisms: Mammals, amphibians, sponges, insects, worms

Cell Type: Eukaryotic

Metabolism: Oxygen is needed for metabolism.

Nutrition Acquisition: Ingestion

Reproduction: Sexual reproduction

Mammals are one of the six basic groups of animals. They are chordates and tetrpods. Some of the better-known mammal groups include carnivores, rodents, elephants, marsupials, rabbits, bats, primates, seals, anteaters, cetaceans, odd-toed ungulates and even-toed ungulates.

In a similar way other creatures, and plants are classified.

Well yes, but still at its root; its base Sans, most scientist view all creatures who eat and move as an animal. Its just as simple as that overall. They view humans just as much as an animal as anteaters. And I view that as insulting to a species.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Look, scientist group all eating and moving beings into " One" group- animals. It is you who don't realize what I am talking about.
No, "you look," at least google it. I understand you but you wrote that scientists only group living things into plants or animals. Really?! Only someone so ignorant of biology would come up with that. I'm surprised you didn't add mineral. LOL Come on, you were clearly wrong. Look up how many Kingdoms and you will learn something. If you want more specific groupings you can look up Phylum, or Class or Order, Family, Genus, Species.... Each group nested in a hierarchy from General to much more specific. You are arguing out of ignorance. It get much more specific than your way too general classifications.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Well yes, but still at its root; its base Sans, most scientist view all creatures who eat and move as an animal. Its just as simple as that overall. They view humans just as much as an animal as anteaters. And I view that as insulting to a species.
So your classification is based purely on emotion.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post

No, "you look," at least google it. I understand you but you wrote that scientists{" only" }group living things into plants or animals..

No, thats what YOU would like to protray me as saying, so you bring deception into the debate to support YOUR desires. I never even used the term " only." But I understand WHY you must rely on deception and false accusation; because its a habit. I am in the habit of not employing those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality