U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2012, 06:04 AM
Status: "Psalm 23" (set 14 days ago)
 
4,070 posts, read 3,632,878 times
Reputation: 5580

Advertisements

Same old song. In using the term "hate" the intention is to make those who feel the homosexual lifestyle is wrong feel guilty. It is sort of like when you deny your teenager something and they accuse you of hating them. The percentage of homosexuals is very, very small. God created man and man puts on the final touches by "free will". Obviously, if you don't believe in God and his laws, you can pretty much do as you please without any feelings of guilt so I don't see why it would then be so important to periodically come in to the forum and accuse people of hate because they believe what you are doing is wrong and don't want it being pushed in their face. Removing it as a mental health disorder did nothing for changing the behaviors or improving the attitudes toward the behavior nor did claiming that this "hatred" was causing homosexuals to commit suicide: Homosexuality and Mental Health Problems Passing a law that will allow "marriage" between homosexuals will not make it moral to those following the laws of God. I don't hate homosexuals, I pity them as it seems a life long struggle and I believe the hatred comes from within themselves as they try to deal with the desires that they have because more likely than not, ,many will have written off the God they grew up with and are looking for any kind of validation of their behavior thus the marriage issue. I support a civil union but to reserve "marriage" as met by God, between one man and one woman.

 
Old 03-17-2012, 06:32 AM
 
15,576 posts, read 5,426,697 times
Reputation: 3644
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Same old song. In using the term "hate" the intention is to make those who feel the homosexual lifestyle is wrong feel guilty. It is sort of like when you deny your teenager something and they accuse you of hating them. The percentage of homosexuals is very, very small. God created man and man puts on the final touches by "free will". Obviously, if you don't believe in God and his laws, you can pretty much do as you please without any feelings of guilt so I don't see why it would then be so important to periodically come in to the forum and accuse people of hate because they believe what you are doing is wrong and don't want it being pushed in their face. Removing it as a mental health disorder did nothing for changing the behaviors or improving the attitudes toward the behavior nor did claiming that this "hatred" was causing homosexuals to commit suicide: Homosexuality and Mental Health Problems Passing a law that will allow "marriage" between homosexuals will not make it moral to those following the laws of God. I don't hate homosexuals, I pity them as it seems a life long struggle and I believe the hatred comes from within themselves as they try to deal with the desires that they have because more likely than not, ,many will have written off the God they grew up with and are looking for any kind of validation of their behavior thus the marriage issue. I support a civil union but to reserve "marriage" as met by God, between one man and one woman.
This begs the question. Is ignorance an excuse for prejudice?
 
Old 03-17-2012, 08:49 AM
 
570 posts, read 362,198 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I hear so many people say.. 'i don't hate gays but i'm against gay marriage'.

How does that even make any sense?

you're against something that has NOTHING to do with you affects YOU an NO way, but DOES affect GAY PEOPLE"S lives ONLY.. and in a NEGATIVE WAY/

isn't that like saying that 'i don't hate you but i'm not for you having any food'

or hitting someone in the face and saying you don't hate them.

Since being gay is NOT a choice, what do you EXPECT them to do? and WHY do you want to make people suffer for NO REASON with no benefit to you?

Isn't that the definition of SADISTIC?

Do you think they should marry straight people and have unloving sham marriages?

I'm JUST NOT understanding the mentality of the i don't hate gays but i'm against gay marriage crowd.

would they be willing to visit gay families and tell them this to their face?

or all gay people just 'the unreal they' to them?

I am assuming when people say they are against gay marriage they are saying that they are against gay marriage for STRAIGHT PEOPLE? but the issues isn't gay marriage for straight people, it's gay marriage for gay PEOPLE!!
If you have tow legs why would you need a third ?!!
From that concept don't you think it is kind of greedy when you seek for something that you already have ?!!
Just wondering !!
Any way ....
You could put a pincle into meat mincing machine ..
It feets ...
But that is not what meat mincing machine was made for !!
Also the pincle will be affected for sure !!
Now ... If some one does that weird experiment why would I hate him/her ?
I just don't think it's the right behavior & it is definitely not a normal thing to do !!!

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 03-17-2012 at 09:06 AM..
 
Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 5,577,834 times
Reputation: 12346
Hold up, Rlarson. There is a way to be anti-gay marriage and not hate gay people. I'm anti-gay marriage because I'm anti-marriage. I think we should just all be single in the eyes of the state because it gets to complicated defining who gets marriage benefits and who doesn't. As long as heterosexuals are going to get benefits, I believe that gay people should too, but I also believe that polyamorous people should too.

Really I believe any arrangement between consensual adults should have the option for benefits, but since I probably won't win that argument anytime soon, I think that it's best to just say that we do not give anyone benefits based on who they love and the kinds of relationships they form. That results in me being anti-gay marriage.

I don't hate myself or any of my lesbian/bisexual/pansexual ex-girlfriends or any of the other LGBTQ people that I consider my friends and family. So it doesn't necessarily always boil down to hate for people, and it is worth listening to why someone holds a certain position before assuming that their intentions are hateful.
 
Old 03-17-2012, 09:02 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 5,577,834 times
Reputation: 12346
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
There are people in the church of Christianity that are taught many things and have logical ideas and prejudice ideas which makes sense to people who heard some ideas .... Biblically and spiritually there is a dark spirit which give people ideas as all people on the earth will be challenged by this dark spirits ..... So if a person considers them selves a gay person , then I challenge then to seek and find deliverance from Jesus Holy Spirit of all influences of dark Spirits, just like all other influences of the spirit of this world ..... See this is the passion of Christianity as most Christians have been delivered of dark spirit and have come out a different person than they were before ... See Christians are called to fight the dark spirit of this world and NOT man of this world ....
Thanks, but I feel God's love and I feel my soul every day and I know that I am not a dark soul. And I am gay. Thanks for the paternalistic message, though. In the end it says more about you than it does about me or any other gay person. Go and meet real, live, breathing gay people. You will see that they are not "dark-spirited" or "evil" any more than straight people are.
 
Old 03-17-2012, 09:05 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 5,577,834 times
Reputation: 12346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Now stop putting the shoe on the other foot....

God clearly says, that this sort of act is an abomonation to him....and then Jesus says let em be filthy, or evil ...in continuing to displease God, blantantly, by bringing this sort of thing into his house of Purity and light.

Of course, God is the bad Guy for that isn't he?

Well if you told me you do not like monkeys scewing and spewing on your bed...and I brough in monkeys to do just that, not just once after being told not to, but many many times over....How would you feel about sleeping in that bed?..or in that house?....now defiled in your mind , as to what you said you do not like, being done...even right in front of you...how would you react?...and then told you have to like it, because the rest of the bent world likes it....if you hate it, you are the bad guy.

See...this is the same kinda thing with God...man and woman were suppose to be mates...nothing else was ment to be...and there are sexually transmitted deseases out there, and bacterial infections one can acquire by being filthy in oh so many ways...sexually...and putting a rubber on...does not really make it safe, nor proper, nor allowable...it is still wrong....in that: God's mind, heart, and spirit....

Now if that be as it says in scripture...trying to make it right is futile thinking, when it comes to what is right, what is sound, and what is ment to be for us as humans...if humans can adapt and change to the inviroment..and evolve to a higher state of mind intelligently...biologically speaking...the gene pool of Gay and lesbians cancils out ...when X is found as the root cause...and removed from the inviroment, service or use, or injestation....or programming...then they will stop being born!..mutations!

So it is not good to bring that kind of thing into God's house, if he finds it displeasing or detramantal to life (sickness and suffering)...if God's house is male and female only club house...But those trying to change their ways...and resist the temptations of sin or evil or sexual ludeness...and become part of the purity and holiness of God...doing good, and sharing in the truth of God...living in god's way...and accepting they are flawed and need to change from within.....Now that may be forgivable...as for wedlock...what is written word of God should never be changed...it is written as a warning!!!...not to remove, or add to the scriptures...and that is what they are now trying to do...as the woes and wrath seem to be gaining in furosity in the world....wonder why?

Not saying I'm right...But respecting God I would imagine, would be prudent on this matter.

Just sayin.
A question for you, Sir Les.

The Bible does say that homosexuality is wrong. You're absolutely right. If you believe the Bible is God's word, then God pretty much says that gay people should die.

If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. Leviticus 20:13 NIV

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:13 KJV

No matter what version of the Bible you read, God's response to homosexuality is "kill them."

Now tell me, do you really believe gay people should be killed?
 
Old 03-17-2012, 09:22 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 5,577,834 times
Reputation: 12346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
How do you figurte that from what I said...only " Man and Women " is what the wedlock is for...to abuse it, is to abuse God.

Who in their right mind abuses, opposes, denies, mocks and twists things of God?

The Anti Christ....the Anti or opposer of Eden, or God's word...that is what is being born not only in them...but the children...and why is that?...something to do with what presides over the wedlock perhaps?...Pedophiles cursing the seed? and the children? and the baptismal...and changing the words....I would imagine brings more twisted into it all....eh?

Are you reading me now....Only man and woman....only...only: = only...there is no other way to say it...so get it right...and the truth will be nearby.
I don't know, but God sure loves to do that to us. Just read Deuteronomy, Leviticus, Numbers, Judges, Exodus. God has chosen to kill off entire populations, has condoned slavery, rape, ritual sacrifice, and all kinds of other things we would consider by today's moral standards to be heinous crimes. God prescribes extremely severe punishments--like death--for small sins, such as cursing one's parents. If every child who cursed their parents were killed today, probably something like one third of today's current global population would drop out of existence. Do you really believe in this book? Do you really believe that slavery or rape are ever justified, even hundreds or thousands of years ago, in wars with God's name stamped on it? And if you don't condone that kind of behavior, why do you claim to believe in the Bible as the word of God?

Quote:
28 “In case a man finds a girl, a virgin who has not been engaged, and he actually seizes her and lies down with her, and they have been found out, 29 the man who lay down with her must also give the girl’s father fifty silver shekels, and she will become his wife due to the fact that he humiliated her. He will not be allowed to divorce her all his days.
Deuteronomy 22:28

Rape victims must marry their rapist?

Quote:
If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, 24 you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death—the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.
Deuteronomy 22:23-24

I get that cheating is wrong, but isn't the death penalty a little harsh?

Quote:
10 When you go to war against your enemies and the LORD your God delivers them into your hands and you take captives, 11 if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife. 12 Bring her into your home and have her shave her head, trim her nails 13 and put aside the clothes she was wearing when captured. After she has lived in your house and mourned her father and mother for a full month, then you may go to her and be her husband and she shall be your wife. 14 If you are not pleased with her, let her go wherever she wishes. You must not sell her or treat her as a slave, since you have dishonored her.
Deuteronomy 21:10-14

Women get no say in who they marry?

Do you really trust this book to define marriage? According to the Bible, a man can take any woman he wants and marry her against her will, without asking her opinion and respecting her desires as well. And yet we should take verses like Leviticus 20:13 that tell us to kill gay people as justification for why gay marriage is wrong?
 
Old 03-17-2012, 09:23 AM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,487 posts, read 2,423,626 times
Reputation: 6791
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxgreenfire View Post
That's not entirely true... I mean, legalizing same-sex marriage would be an immediate injection of hundreds of millions of dollars (if not over a billion) into the economy, in addition to the permanent increase in demand for weddings: from goods and services directly related to the wedding industry, to gifts and other things needed for the ceremony. In turn, that would benefit the economy, provide some jobs, and the tax revenue would go to support fire and police coverage, education, infrastructure, transportation, etc.

But hey, if God (or people living a few thousand years ago pretending to be God with absolutely no concept of what life would be like in the 21st Century) say it's bad for society, then who are we to argue?
I stand corrected

I hadn't considered that point of view. I was only thinking of how backward we still are as a society and wondering why a religion that professes to be about love and forgiveness can be so cold and judgmental.
 
Old 03-17-2012, 09:37 AM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,487 posts, read 2,423,626 times
Reputation: 6791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
This begs the question. Is ignorance an excuse for prejudice?
No, it isn't. Sadly though, with many of these hate / fear fueled groups, ignorance is their justification.

It's easier to hate for no reason than it is to learn and understand.

We should pity them because they just don't know any better.
 
Old 03-17-2012, 01:13 PM
 
1,745 posts, read 1,057,692 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
From that concept don't you think it is kind of greedy when you seek for something that you already have ?!!
Gays already have the right to marry the person they love? Really? Do tell.


Quote:
Any way ....
You could put a pickle into meat mincing machine ..
It fits ...
But that is not what meat mincing machine was made for !!
Also the pickle will be affected for sure !!


An utterly absurd analogy, but who's to say that the meat mincing machine isn't also a pickle relish machine...

Quote:
Now ... If some one does that weird experiment why would I hate him/her ?

Because your bronze age mythology and/or man made god tells you to, of course..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top