Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 09:55 PM

53 posts, read 45,244 times

Advertisements

[quote=nimchimpsky;23465658]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Ness View Post

Oh, I thought that was Sir Les' post. Sir Les quoted the Bible as his reason for being anti-same-sex marriage several times, so I was just pointing out that the Bible tells him to kill gay people.

That said, my experiences are far from abnormal. Childhood rape and abuse is pretty common, and hugely underreported.

Plus, why would my experiences make me exempt from coming up with a good code of ethics? If anything, I am more keenly aware of just how awful abuse and rape are than someone who hasn't been through that.
no...your wrong

you cannot claim you are a victim and at the same time suggest that the outcome is of no consequence....the consequence of a twisted aversion is the forced illogical "impression" of order in...disorder....that is the grievence or disruption to the victim....not the act...its the suggestion to the emotion.../need-contribution-value...I don't think you understand too much....didn't you get prof help? your clearly using outrageous acts to justify anything in opposing nature of these remembered acts ....to justify...it is illogical relative to a normality in progress toward ethic...it is real for you, the experiencer....but not civilization, because society does not consider the experience to be normal at this stage of expectation against ill found aggression of this nature...therefore your fundamental reasoning ( anything not forced relative to my understanding of force is ok) is un-questionably in error , relative to a progressive socially expected ethic.

Last edited by Simple Ness; 03-18-2012 at 10:50 PM..

Old 03-18-2012, 10:11 PM

117 posts, read 241,987 times

I believe it is because of people being afraid of things they don't understand.

I will say that I believe it is only fair to them that they accept their marriages just as heterosexual marriages. They vote, serve in the military, pay their taxes and are a members of our society; why should we deny them that right? It amazes me that in this day and age, people are still closed minded about gays and lesbians and want to treat them as a second class citizen. It's unjust and unfair!

RedJohn

Old 03-18-2012, 10:12 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why, oh why are you religious people so hung up on sex? This thread is NOT about sex, it's about why you are against gay marriage. You should be FOR same sex marriage because they would be in a committed relationship...

It is because they are taught from an early age sex it dirty and is only for making babies and only after you are married.

They believe any variations from what they are taught should be outlawed.

Ask most of them what they think about masturbation, which has ZERO chance of a pregnancy or an STD.

While you are having this conversation ask them about all the other stuff the Bible says about mixing types of cloth, planting together in fields, working on the Sabbath(which is Saturday by the way), cloven hoofed animals, bottom feeders, etc..

Last edited by Trackwatch; 03-18-2012 at 10:22 PM..

Old 03-18-2012, 10:26 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:

no...your wrong

you cannot claim you are a victim and at the same time suggest that the outcome is of no consequence....the consequence of a twisted aversion is the forced illogical "impression" of order in...disorder....that is the grievence or disruption to the victim....not the act...its the suggestion to the emotion.../need-contribution-value...I don't think you understand too much....didn't you get prof help? your clearly using outrageous acts to justify anything in opposing nature of these remembered acts ....to justify...it is illogical relative to a normality in progress toward ethic...it is real for you, the experiencer....but not civilization, because society does not consider the experience to be normal at this stage of expectation against ill found aggression of this nature...therefore your fundamental reasoning is un-questionably in error , relative to a progressive socially expected ethic.
I'm not justifying rape or abuse and don't know where you got the idea that I am. The Bible justifies those things--along with murder and slavery, which I've had the privilege of never experiencing--not me.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I'm not justifying rape or abuse and don't know where you got the idea that I am. The Bible justifies those things--along with murder and slavery, which I've had the privilege of never experiencing--not me.
...I understand you. Its not good to use strange experiences in order to build a case for a suggested societal standard....and Ive gone through this thread and its exactly what you lean on when trying to make a concrete point...it won't work, no foundation. Can't build.

Last edited by Simple Ness; 03-18-2012 at 10:45 PM..

Old 03-18-2012, 11:25 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Indeed!

We'd get to a global population of 8,000,000,000 a lot sooner if all those selfish gays weren't refusing to do their share ...
Not to mention those heretical theists who use birth control.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:37 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Why in the world should I have to change my social conventions, my heritage, the entire body of civil law to accomodate a vocal minority that by definition does not meet the standard that has always been required?

It's nonsence. If I want to get a drivers license that lists me as a female on it, well I'm just out of luck. I just do not meet that definition no matter how loud I complain and protest it's not fair.
Did you miss the sarcasm in that post?

Seriously, i'm in favor of same-sex marriage. Always have been. I see no reason, other than religious fanaticism, for it not to be legal.

Besides, religion needs to keep it's nose out of this matter. It's a legal issue, plain and simple.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:46 PM

de population is in full swing. A private study in Canada showed greater ease in qualifying for the semi disability with booze all over your shirt and biting your tongue re a phony epilepsy.why? because the reason for the program replacing quite a bit of typical welfare applicants due to ease....is that the suspected lady leaders figured out that the best thing to do is make sure theres enough for 26er or 24 every day. That way averages show hopeful estimate 5-7 yr patronige...drink up and so long. 1000's of perfectly normal people under 30 on the program...Its about 1300 and they tuck you in with all kinds of food allowance if your a boozer....canada wants you to drink up and get the party going...until you drop....native butts and your all fixed up ...perfect citizen.
The statistics apparently show 1-16 living black men in america to in fact get the aids ,yet the general social idea is i don't want to hear about it Well..prob in 30 yrs the UAK airline will be dropping box's of stockings over the plains in an oh well global good guy idea oh well Im safe where I am so who cares I did my best.

Last edited by Simple Ness; 03-18-2012 at 11:59 PM..

Old 03-18-2012, 11:58 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,223,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post

I believe it is because of people being afraid of things they don't understand.

I will say that I believe it is only fair to them that they accept their marriages just as heterosexual marriages. They vote, serve in the military, pay their taxes and are a members of our society; why should we deny them that right? It amazes me that in this day and age, people are still closed minded about gays and lesbians and want to treat them as a second class citizen. It's unjust and unfair!

RedJohn
It wasn't all that long ago that African Americans were in the same boat. Second class citizens fighting for the rights that they were wrongly denied.

That situation changed, this one will to.

Your post was excellent!

Old 03-19-2012, 12:31 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
de population is in full swing. A private study in Canada showed greater ease in qualifying for the semi disability with booze all over your shirt and biting your tongue re a phony epilepsy.why? because the reason for the program replacing quite a bit of typical welfare applicants due to ease....is that the suspected lady leaders figured out that the best thing to do is make sure theres enough for 26er or 24 every day. That way averages show hopeful estimate 5-7 yr patronige...drink up and so long. 1000's of perfectly normal people under 30 on the program...Its about 1300 and they tuck you in with all kinds of food allowance if your a boozer....canada wants you to drink up and get the party going...until you drop....native butts and your all fixed up ...perfect citizen.
The statistics apparently show 1-16 living black men in america to in fact get the aids ,yet the general social idea is i don't want to hear about it Well..prob in 30 yrs the UAK airline will be dropping box's of stockings over the plains in an oh well global good guy idea oh well Im safe where I am so who cares I did my best.
Gonna need some proof here...It's not right to make such statements with nothing to back it up...A link or two would be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality