Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2012, 06:59 AM

496 posts, read 483,784 times

Advertisements

Simply not being gay is forming an unfavorable feeling or opinion, beforehand.

Man tries to get along in the social , in many different ways.

Last edited by peter-1; 04-29-2012 at 07:15 AM..

Old 04-29-2012, 08:26 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
There is not one single reason to oppose same-sex marriage that doesn't arise from ignorance, bigotry or fear, or some combination of those things.

Not one single reason.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:48 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
I am not gay/lesbian, I really don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home as long as no one is being harmed. So, as a totally straight person, if you treat me with basic respect I have no issue with gay marriage as it in no way takes away from my marriage. I have had enough conversations with gay friends to suspect that some people are born gay, others seem to develop a preferance for it and some heteros are also born hetero! Treat me with respect, and that is what you will get back. I can tell you that gays have treated me better than many hetero men I dated when I was single. It is nice to just enjoy a another person with sex being a part of the friendship.

Bless the peace loving people of the world as we need many more of them to deal with real problems facing us today.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
There is not one single reason to oppose same-sex marriage that doesn't arise from ignorance, bigotry or fear, or some combination of those things.

Not one single reason.

If the document of marriage does not specify .."unconventional marriage" then the document describing the agreement , is of no recognition because it mis-represents the arrangement. The document is then an illegally construed formal representation of agreement, by deceiving intentionally, its suggested description.

If someone wants to argue this thats fine....but if it is not composed with logic including dictionary definitions and all explained reasoning, politely shared ....then it will be fully rejected as a hate reply, to a normal logical finding without any slant what so ever.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:18 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
If the document of marriage does not specify .."unconventional marriage" then the document describing the agreement , is of no recognition because it mis-represents the arrangement. The document is then an illegally construed formal representation of agreement, by deceiving intentionally, its suggested description.

If someone wants to argue this thats fine....but if it is not composed with logic including dictionary definitions and all explained reasoning, politely shared ....then it will be fully rejected as a hate reply, to a normal logical finding without any slant what so ever.
Would you wish for all unconventional marriages to have that listed on the document, or just gay marriages?

For example, open marriages, or at one point in time, inter-racial marriages? What about marriages between couples who are incapable or uninterested in sex?

I don't really see the point in that, how would it be helpful?

Old 04-30-2012, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Would you wish for all unconventional marriages to have that listed on the document, or just gay marriages?

For example, open marriages, or at one point in time, inter-racial marriages? What about marriages between couples who are incapable or uninterested in sex?

I don't really see the point in that, how would it be helpful?

The itemization "unconventional marriage" is imperative within the human language defining , spouse, marriage, matrimony and all wording used in the document.

Without the understanding and wording, according to the English language it is not a marriage, regardless of any law.

I believe its got to do with the term spouse within marriage and gender implication toward a marriage contract, I can't remember but did some checking on this before....regardless of societal law, the contract is null relative to use of matrimonial wording, an un-lawful representation of circumstance

without unconventional, or a change in the English words used to describe matrimonial participants ect...the event is not a marriage and therefore non binding. Plus, this has nothing to do with what I wish...its just what is .

Two (spouse's) of the same gender....it must say un-conventional regardless of any law...it can be fully argued and has nothing to do with what I want, its something which will eventually be well known.....because it can be argued with total success....and if theres one thing we know about man, many arguments arise in virtually everything. I was curious about the implications a while ago and did some checking.... reporting things is hardly being whatever.

Last edited by peter-1; 04-30-2012 at 01:52 AM..

Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post

Not one single reason.
Really? I'll give you one reason. I'm against same-sex marriage because I'm against marriage in general. I think we should just ban marriage altogether and all be seen as individuals in the eyes of the state, regardless of sexual orientation. I don't like the idea of the state defining the relationships between two or more people. I feel that people should be able to consensually love, date, or have sex with whomever, without the state being involved in validating their relationship by granting them certain rights specific to that legal binding contract. Adults should be able to form long-term serious relationships and consider themselves married without relying on the state to define it for them. I'm involved in the gay community and am lesbian myself, and have no problem with homosexuality, bisexuality, polyamory, or any kind of human sexuality as long as individuals express their sexuality in a way that is consensual for everyone involved.

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 05-01-2012 at 10:12 AM..

Old 05-01-2012, 10:44 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post

If I understand your logic, the "unconventional marriage" would be necessary for an inter-racial marriage performed clandestinely in, say, Virginia in, say, 1947? Right?

Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,837 times
I didn't read everyone's post. But, I can give my sincere opinion...

I won't lie and say I understand being gay. I don't. I do however understand love. GOD loves everyone, red, yellow, black, white, gay, straight, Bi....he loves the person, hates the act of sin.(there are many, many sins) no one sin is bigger than another(other than the ten commandments.)

According to the Bible I believe in (KJV) gay sex is a sin. Just because a person is gay, doesn't mean they have to act on these tendicies. It's a choice we make, sin is a choice on a daily, hourly moment basis.

I know that some say they were born that way, I personally don't agree...but, it is NOT for me to JUDGE. My pocket is NOT full of stones.

Having said that, I have gay friends and we debate on a regular basis, but, we respect one another...Now, I guess my point is we, as fellow humans should not judge another, that's God's job.

If you don't like or cant stand gays, then by all means do not associate, it's free will. In the end, we will ALL find out whose right. AS for me I choose to believe In Jesus...and he loves all, and so will I.

In addition, about marriage, again my Bible teaches me that marriage is for a man and a woman. But, the vows two people take are sacred, between them and God.

Last edited by round4; 05-01-2012 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: added a statement.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:11 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
According to the Bible I believe in (KJV) gay sex is a sin.
No it isn't. Pagan rituals involving sex with temple prostitutes (male and female) and pederasty is a 'sin' according to your Bible. What we understand as 'gay sex' today is not even mentioned in your Bible....KJV or otherwise.

Quote:
Just becasue a person is gay, doesn't mean they have to act on these tendicies.
...and what if it were to ask you not to act on your tendencies?

Quote:
I know that some say they were born that way, I personally don't agree...
So you think they are making a 'personal choice' huh?

So tell me, how old were you when you made the decision to be 'straight'? I don't recall a time when I sat down and thought about whether or not I should go for men or women. My friends don't recall such a time either. My homosexual friends went one way and the straight ones went the other and I don't remember any to-ing and fro-ing, trying to decide which way we were going to choose. So please, how was it for you? Did you talk to your friends and family, your teacher or preacher before making the choice to go for members of an opposite sex to you?? Or were you like me and my friends...you just gravitated to those whom you felt attracted to sexually... Do tell!

Also....could you make a 'choice' to fall in love, have sexual relations and spend the rest of your life with someone of the same sex.....and if not, why do you assume that others could?

Last edited by Rafius; 05-01-2012 at 11:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality