Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,603,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It has nothing to do with what Christ intended
I am sorry but that is where we will never see eye to eye. It has everything to do with what Christ intends.

You are sneaky in piling various (ref. post 41,52)words into my mouth to try and twist what I said about Christs' plan, into some anti-woman, female oppressing agenda. Don't be dishonest.

This really isn't something that needs to be over-analyzed, like I know you like to do.

BTW Mystic. . .What exactly are your beliefs? I'm curious. Feel free to write a novel about it.

Last edited by jdaelectro; 04-02-2012 at 09:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 10:57 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It has nothing to do with what Christ intended . . . it is a cultural anachronism based on the inferior status of women and their lack of education relative to men (such as it was) in that primitive society. It has nothing to do with a general rule.
The simple truth is that you simply may not be the most qualified to make the final decision in all things, period. A stupid, "I am the boss and you are subject to my ultimate decisions because God says so" rule is just asinine and offensive.This has noting to do with whether or not God demands that she give up her independent thoughts, knowledge, and judgment and subject them to whatever man she happens to have married. It has nothing to do with God or being Godly . . . just as your desire to be the head over your wife has nothing to do with God or a desire to be Godly. It is pure self-aggrandizement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
I am sorry but that is where we will never see eye to eye. It has everything to do with what Christ intends.
Sorry but your ego is writing checks your intellect can't cash. Christ does NOT want your wife to be subject to your rule, period! Trying to maintain a 1st century cultural social hierarchy in the 21st century is ludicrous! You reveal your true character and desires by pretending you think it is required by God.
Quote:
You are sneaky in piling various (ref. post 41,52)words into my mouth to try and twist what I said about Christs' plan, into some anti-woman, female oppressing agenda. Don't be dishonest.
I am completely honest in such matters. There is nothing to pile on. It is ALL implicit in your own assertions and claims. They have consequences and implications that are unmistakable.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:00 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
The world is continually saying that Christs view of women is degrading, but the exact opposite is true. .....

When talking about the two genders....We are two different sexes. We are very different. We have specific roles in this world. I will admit all day long that women are superior to me in more ways than I can even imagine. This difference of mind set is a great thing that should be relished, Not fought over. Please ladies... us true Christ following men are very faithful and are more than willing to step up and be the leaders of society that are needed and we need you to help more than ever! .....
All through this thread, you have made it very clear that you think women are inferior to men.

Anytime a woman hears a man say "Women are superior," she should kick him to the curb immediately before he starts to show his true feelings and she gets hurt.

Then you had the gall to say that Christian men are willing to be leaders, implying that the leadership would be over women.

Do any of the women reading this thing jdaelectro makes them feel superior to him? Come on, don't be shy. Speak up and tell us what you ladies think.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:30 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
I know. Why would a Godly woman want to actually follow what Christ intended? sarcasm

It may be a shocker to you, but not all women want follow the corrupt way of man. I was told by a mother of 6 once, that true happiness for a Godly woman is found in the home watching and raising the children she had given birth to, NOT a briefcase.
Spoken like someone who never had the opportunity to work outside the house . My grandmoms on both sides, and great aunt have all expressed pride that i don't have to stay home with the kids. And even have told me they are a tad jealous because i have the options to do so many things when they had none at my age. It's easy to say when godly women can and can't do when you have sat home your whole life.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:37 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,159 times
Most Churches believe there is no such things as
the gifts of the Spirit anymore...No more Apostles and Prophets.
That now only male Pastors hold those appointed positions from God.

The reason they want everyone to belive it is:
They want to keep women from Desiring Spirit Gifts!

After all we're only suppose to desire our husbands and raising kids and serve in church by cooking and cleaning, singing, and children sunday school. And yes, I've done all this before.

And I was even one of 24 board of directors for a church of 230 members.
And chair woman of the prayer pillar committee.
In which I stepped down from both positions as I'm no body's hand puppet.

The first Prophet to proclaim Redemption through Jesus was not John the baptist. But The Prophet Anna of the Tribe of Asher. - Luke 2:36

Men are afriad of losing control to women cause they still believe secular James Brown, that it's a man's world. When the earth and the fullness there of belong to our God.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:59 PM

Besides...who says: Christ even has a Beautiful Creation 0f A Woman?

Again even this thinking is of men
putting a woman of God on a pedstol and for whose purpose, hmmm???

Old 04-04-2012, 08:41 PM

If a christian man can keep a christian women
sit'n pretty on a pedstol
as Christ's Beautiful Creation 0f A Female Human?
For him to admire.

Making us seductive so they can seduce us.

Then he can rule her in Christ's body.
Oh but wait, that's what they have been doing!
Oops, Gigs Up!

Old 04-04-2012, 08:45 PM

If men believe that christian women
are such a beautiful creation of Christ.

Why are there so many single christian women in churches?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality