Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:50 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Patch View Post
Hello everyone,
Hello Dan. Are you gay? I'm looking for someone to take on holiday with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 03:01 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
::Sigh:: That YOU do not want to attribute responsibility for existence does NOT mean there is no such attribution necessary. That which accounts for existence and the laws that control everything IS God . . . that is the basic definition. ALL other attributions are BELIEFS and subject to all the caprice the human species is heir to. You do NOT get to deny the existence of God because YOU do not WANT to make any attributions.

I understand that's how you define "god", but I think most people would require a sapiant personality and what is commonly understood as intelligence. Those attributes are part of the basic definition most people have of a "god."

Further, some people will claim there never was a primary thing that accounts for the existence and the laws that control everything. Instead, they believe the universe, in one form or another, always just was.

Of course, you would need to explain why the thing you call god could have always "just have been", but the universe could not have. Did you're god have a god?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I can not be gay because I can't get in that kind of shape.

But you didn't invite me, so the point is moot.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:00 PM

14 posts, read 10,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post

Well I am known around the construction sites as "Pretty Boy" because of my sixpack abs..and lean, hard body. A holiday, huh? You footin the bill? If you are I have 3 weeks off in August..

Will post a photo shortly that I just recently had taken by a good friend of mine who submitted it for the Playgirl 2013 calendar..

Old 05-02-2012, 05:22 PM

14 posts, read 10,092 times
Hi Rafius, here is the photo of myself I promised you. I forgot to ask you where are we going on holiday? I am getting excited just thinking about a good trip. I hope it will be an exotic beach . I took a course in massage therapy and will be glad to offer you a freebie.

Well, anyway I hope you are not the jealous type because women and men do tend to follow me around, offering to buy me drinks and such..

Scroll down

more

once more now

Sorry all you other guys but I am promised to Raffie for a lovely holiday. That is the reason for my great big beautiful Colgate smile

Click image for larger version

Name:	th_uglyCAREOAYH.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	94779

Old 05-02-2012, 05:46 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The persistent attempts to paint my efforts to explain my views as patronizing or arrogant is largely reflective of a projection of those very attributes on the part of atheists in general. Atheists seem to truly believe that theists cannot possibly be intelligent, rational, or knowledgeable. A sigh indicates my frustration. I simply try to show the error in such thinking about theism as symptomatic of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" or of an "ignorance of what they are ignorant about." I understand that this is very irksome . . . but it seems to reflect the actual reality here.
Not really, most of your posts come across as very patronizing and egotistical...You seem to have set yourself up as the foremost expert on pretty much everything....I have no idea why you even participate here since we are all so ignorant....Perhaps you would be better suited to a Mensa forum.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:23 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Patch View Post
Hi Rafius, here is the photo of myself I promised you.
I've had worse! You're better looking than Sanspeur anyway....and he'll do it for a box of Oreos!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality