Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 07:42 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,274,037 times

Advertisements

Is God a Christian?

Or is God non denominational?

Jesus was a Jew. Could God be Jewish?

Maybe God is a Muslim.

Seriously: Is God religious? Does he prefer one of the Abrahamic religions?

My personal opinion: I think God does not prefer any specific religion. Nevertheless, the RCC is the original church of Christ, but God has a warm spot in his heart for the Jews.

The Quran mentions Jesus twenty-five times, more often, by name, than Muhammad. So I am certain God also favors the Muslims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 07:51 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,767,207 times
GOD is spelled GOOD...We all know what that is....it is up to us to do what he instructs..to be good..cos we are just little kids and not god....as for evil...God is almighty...and in control of both good and evil..WE are imperfect physical beings and to fare well...being good....makes for a better and more heavenly life..as for evil;;;that is God's business and we are not to tinker with it...Yes..there is only one entity and force and it is called GOOD....GOD does not need help with the creation of evil...but he has given us a job..that is specific....To be good...Leave the evil alone..cos it generates death...and we were not created to hurry the process along...we are to resist death.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:54 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,067,465 times
The saving grace of God was manifested to all men. No religion owns the grace of God.

Jesus declared, “Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

Old 04-01-2012, 08:48 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,748,412 times
Religion is the way men seek God. Men choose to seek God in many different ways and presume that God will accept whatever religious approach they choose.

God's only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, is the only Way God chose, (by His grace alone) for men to have eternal life and enter into a personal relationship with God. Jesus Christ is the living manifestation of God in the flesh --- Our information about God, Jesus Christ, heaven, hell, God's Kingdom, the Holy Spirit, etc .... comes from God's written Word, the Bible. Many choose to reject the Bible because they think the Way God chose ... limits man's ability to 'be god' and invent his own way.

The people of God are those who come to God in the Way He has provided (Jesus Christ) -- Followers of Jesus Christ are referred to as "Christians", which is the Way God provided, not a man-made religion. People have the freedom to accept or reject God's living Way and Word ... but, not the freedom to impose human religious inventions on God.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
GOD is spelled GOOD...We all know what that is....it is up to us to do what he instructs..to be good..cos we are just little kids and not god....as for evil...God is almighty...and in control of both good and evil..WE are imperfect physical beings and to fare well...being good....makes for a better and more heavenly life..as for evil;;;that is God's business and we are not to tinker with it...Yes..there is only one entity and force and it is called GOOD....GOD does not need help with the creation of evil...but he has given us a job..that is specific....To be good...Leave the evil alone..cos it generates death...and we were not created to hurry the process along...we are to resist death.
A magnificent post. I like GOOD!!!!

Old 04-01-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Religion is the way men seek God. Men choose to seek God in many different ways and presume that God will accept whatever religious approach they choose.

God's only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, is the only Way God chose, (by His grace alone) for men to have eternal life and enter into a personal relationship with God. Jesus Christ is the living manifestation of God in the flesh --- Our information about God, Jesus Christ, heaven, hell, God's Kingdom, the Holy Spirit, etc .... comes from God's written Word, the Bible. Many choose to reject the Bible because they think the Way God chose ... limits man's ability to 'be god' and invent his own way.

The people of God are those who come to God in the Way He has provided (Jesus Christ) -- Followers of Jesus Christ are referred to as "Christians", which is the Way God provided, not a man-made religion. People have the freedom to accept or reject God's living Way and Word ... but, not the freedom to impose human religious inventions on God.

I agree with you. God knows that all we do here is come up with man made religion and then we tell others my religion is better than yours.

God always favored the Jews. Are the Jews out of favor with God now that we have Christianity?

Old 04-01-2012, 09:31 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,340,246 times

Jesus said He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.

[Sheep is a Bible symbol for Israel.]

Jesus said His sheep hear His voice and follow Him.

Jesus said those who do not follow Him are not His sheep [ie, not Israel.]

Israelites in Jerusalem and in the diaspora followed Jesus just as Jesus said
they would and became known as Christians. Which fulfilled an Old Testament
prophecy that said God would call His People by another name.

When Israelites became Christians, this left only the antichrist Edomite-jews
[who had been "converted" after losing a war to Israel in the 2nd century BC.]

Old 04-01-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The saving grace of God was manifested to all men. No religion owns the grace of God.

Jesus declared, “Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”
The word grace literally means- the undeserved mercy of God..This word is profound..if we be like him it is nobility and true class...to show mercy and kindness the most good or the most evil..."God sends his blessing of rain on the evil as well as the good"...............Jesus was very bright and understood human existence...if we showed grace....or mercy even to the worst..the evil would lessen. In stead we attempt to be god and we punish those that we judge as evil...generating more evil and unhappiness..........In the end all I can hope for from GOD is mercy..

Old 04-01-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I agree with you. God knows that all we do here is come up with man made religion and then we tell others my religion is better than yours.

God always favored the Jews. Are the Jews out of favor with God now that we have Christianity?
The contract or covenant between God and the Jews may have been breached...I asked a young Israeli if he believed in God...He said "No..but I do believe in the state of Israel"...............well if this secularization of Israel is typical...I would say - No God...no contract...no favors...The favor is up for grabs...anyone who embraces God sincerely...Is his child and his person..

Old 04-01-2012, 10:02 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,340,246 times

" But this should absolutely convince us that we do not dare to remain indifferent or be unconcerned about the manifestations of evil in the world, especially when the matter is one of God's glory, of our Holy Faith and Church. Here we must show ourselves to be completely uncompromising, and we do not dare enter into any sort of cunning compromises or any reconciliation, even purely outward, or into any kind whatever of agreement with evil. To our personal enemies, according to Christ's commandment, we must forgive everything, but with the enemies of God we cannot have peace! Friendship with the enemies of God makes us ourselves the enemies of God: this is a betrayal and treason towards God. "

Archbishop Averky
ROCOR

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality