U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 03:10 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,998 posts, read 5,477,439 times

Advertisements

Two heads of the same coin?

Could it be possible that the Devil is apart of God and thats why he won't/can't destroy him? Maybe he doesn't like his darker side of himself (the Devil) and thats why he wants to combat that part of himself to control it or are to make it become dormant?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 03:34 PM

496 posts, read 403,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Two heads of the same coin?

Could it be possible that the Devil is apart of God and thats why he won't/can't destroy him? Maybe he doesn't like his darker side of himself (the Devil) and thats why he wants to combat that part of himself to control it or are to make it become dormant?
If ever there was a question about this, for myself it is no longer a question after last night.

I spent part of the evening with my extreme violent alcoholic neighbor. A periodic must for general peace . Sorry no God happening there, no human consciousness either. Less then a well trained Shep. Believe me, I would never outright lie. The human being can become more being, or less being. The extremes are very good to witness first hand and allow an understanding of these real potentials. The mind can digress backwards in an evolutionary chain exactly like history before your eyes. Participating in this along with huge potential for danger opens the eyes well, to the quantity of objection and contradiction to the question in OP...the existence in something with such radicalness in opposition is impossible due to absolute chaotic complaint, in focus for direction allowing for existence itself. Its like asking if a bicycle can exist going backwards and frontwards at the same time. In a very positive thought, its better just to understand rather then know. Believe me.

Last edited by peter-1; 04-07-2012 at 03:51 PM..

Old 04-07-2012, 04:07 PM

7,844 posts, read 6,640,356 times
The Royal Son of God Lord Jesus Christ authority over the Heaven and the earth in the supernatural is good and just and righteous, merciful in love and promoter to all life ...... The devil is a fallen celestial being from a rejected angel of the Lord God , where this devil and his fallen angels and demon spirits of the flesh of animals are evil and rule over killing and deception and hatred, and this devil is trapped on the earth and is a natural being with limited power over animal which can manipulate the will of man...... They are Not the same

Old 04-07-2012, 04:54 PM

12,063 posts, read 8,062,849 times
Because NONE of us know what truly happens after this life is over anything is possible. I think it's more likey that the Christian God is one of many Gods & just wants humans to only worship only him.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Because NONE of us know what truly happens after this life is over anything is possible. I think it's more likey that the Christian God is one of many Gods & just wants humans to only worship only him.
Well if anything at all.....it wouldn't be at any distance from order.

Forgetting and forgiving is for the willing only.

If the willing for humility has never been tried, it won't know how to get there.

If the humility is not available for the forgetting and forgiving, all that will be left
is what once, was held to be all. Although now all in the ground... where it all belongs.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:10 PM

29,063 posts, read 18,334,149 times
God is the creator of both good and evil. Therefore, this god is both good and evil.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)

Old 04-07-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
God is the creator of both good and evil. Therefore, this god is both good and evil.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7, KJV)
This is the philosophy section...using scripture is not respectful to the philosophy in reason, within spirituality, in a philisophical approach. Philosophy is all about reason , meaning etc. Not a specific belief systems inspirational suggestions by a preferred prophets writings. I like your quote and thinking but we gotta keep on track.(very politely and in a complimentary way

Last edited by peter-1; 04-07-2012 at 07:44 PM..

Old 04-07-2012, 07:57 PM

4,486 posts, read 4,323,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Celestial sibling rivalry?

Old 04-07-2012, 08:24 PM

29,063 posts, read 18,334,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-1 View Post
This is the philosophy section...using scripture is not respectful to the philosophy in reason, within spirituality, in a philisophical approach. Philosophy is all about reason , meaning etc. Not a specific belief systems inspirational suggestions by a preferred prophets writings. I like your quote and thinking but we gotta keep on track.(very politely and in a complimentary way

Okay then. We have both good and evil in the world. If there is a god, this god would have created everything including good and evil. Therefore, if a god exists, this god would have to be both good and evil.

BTW, isn't the god-devil concept out of the bible?

Old 04-07-2012, 09:30 PM

21 posts, read 21,078 times
No... The "devil" is a creation like us and God is The Creator, Who has no beginning, nor end.

God can destroy him, just like he can destroy us. But in the end the devil will also end up in the hellfire along with all of his followers. Him being alive all this time is for the purpose of our test here.

(Btw "Iblees" mentioned in brackets here is the "devil" or "satan")

{ [ Allah ] said, "Then get out of Paradise, for indeed, you are expelled.
And indeed, upon you is My curse until the Day of Recompense."

He said, "My Lord, then reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected."

[ Allah ] said, "So indeed, you are of those reprieved
Until the Day of the time well-known."

[Iblees] said, "By your might, I will surely mislead them all
Except, among them, Your chosen servants."

[ Allah ] said, "The truth [is My oath], and the truth I say -
[That] I will surely fill Hell with you and those of them that follow you all together."
}

[ Quran Surat Sad/38 vs. 77-85 ]
Sahih International translation of meaning

Last edited by LaaIlahaIllAllah; 04-07-2012 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: added chapter #
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality