Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 12:53 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Venter did no such thing. He simply created an artificial DNA and inserted it into a cell.
It's 'alive' isn't it...and therefore 'life'.

Craig Venter creates synthetic life form

Craig Venter and his team have built the genome of a bacterium from scratch and incorporated it into a cell to make what they call the world's first synthetic life form.
Craig Venter creates synthetic life form | Science | The Guardian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 05:06 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Jesus had a virgin birth , and by all indications lived a virgin life ( although he didnot have to). I think he knew if he took a wife and had children that they would be slaughtered as he was. He understood that he was destined to be different than any man before him, which is why I believe he didnot leave his physical body on earth. People would have worshipped his bones, as some are doing this so called Shroud.
Don't be absurd. His Mother and siblings weren't killed, were they? You are making this up as you go along.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:54 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Don't be absurd. His Mother and siblings weren't killed, were they? You are making this up as you go along.

I am not making it up, its just new to your consciousness, and that makes it difficult for you to absorb.

Just take it in easy.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:03 AM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times
Quote:
Agreed.

One underlying reason for the scientific effort to create life, is to take the place of God. Some scientist are just curious about it, are honestly researching and hold no desire to create the frankenstien monster; some scientist are the monster themselves because they are obsesed and driven to solidify their craft as the superior to their arch rival the church, its the continuing battle to assert themselves as the divine.

No longer searching for the divine, their orginal roots, they have morphed into themselves as the divine path and covet that position in the hearts of men.
What a bizarre thing to say. People who work in scientific establishments are probably doing whatever work is assigned to them; testing, experimenting, producing, etc. What basis do you have to support your assertion that science is trying to take the place of God? I mean, surely you didn't just make that up, did you?

Old 04-23-2012, 07:08 AM

166 posts, read 140,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

AREQUIPA,

You need to go read the BIBLE, all of the books of the NEW Testament. You will get a better idea of things if you read GODS whole word and what is written.

Sarah

Old 04-23-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Jesus had a virgin birth , and by all indications lived a virgin life ( although he didnot have to). I think he knew if he took a wife and had children that they would be slaughtered as he was. He understood that he was destined to be different than any man before him, which is why I believe he didnot leave his physical body on earth. People would have worshipped his bones, as some are doing this so called Shroud.
I don't recall any Biblical quotes that make any reference at all to Jesus' sex life (or lack of same). Can you point me to a Biblical source that does?

One thing I would never do myself is to presume that I knew what Jesus knew, particularly about a hypothetical situation not based on Biblical writings (his thoughts about marriage, children and slaughter).

Old 04-23-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
What a bizarre thing to say. People who work in scientific establishments are probably doing whatever work is assigned to them; testing, experimenting, producing, etc. What basis do you have to support your assertion that science is trying to take the place of God? I mean, surely you didn't just make that up, did you?

My basis of support is the known war of competition that has always existed between the church and science; know your history. Science has always coveted the churchs position as the leader of divine revelation.

Know your history.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I don't recall any Biblical quotes that make any reference at all to Jesus' sex life (or lack of same). Can you point me to a Biblical source that does?

One thing I would never do myself is to presume that I knew what Jesus knew, particularly about a hypothetical situation not based on Biblical writings (his thoughts about marriage, children and slaughter).

Well it has to be put together with a mind of scriptual discernment , which you have never displayed that you have, in my view; your mindset is a rejection of scripture, why would you want me to give you a bible lesson in discernment, when you have none to comprehend it?

The sex life of Jesus must be spiritually discerned.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Well it has to be put together with a mind of scriptual discernment , which you have never displayed that you have, in my view; your mindset is a rejection of scripture, why would you want me to give you a bible lesson in discernment, when you have none to comprehend it?

The sex life of Jesus must be spiritually discerned.

Yet I will give you a key that is general. The sacrifice for all of humanitys sins that God wanted, was symbolic of a Lamb without " Blemish;" A sinless symbol, which a virgin symbolizes.

A virgin birth- a virgin death. Jesus became a " Sineater", he didnot asorb all our sins, he asorbed " The Responsibility" for our sins and paied the cost that erased condemnation.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
My basis of support is the known war of competition that has always existed between the church and science; know your history. Science has always coveted the churchs position as the leader of divine revelation.

Know your history.
Oh, I know plenty about history. Real history. Like they have in history books.

They did not have a competition between churches and science. As recently as the 16th or 17 century, the Roman Catholic Church did impose sanctions against some scientists because of radical ideas such as earth revolving around the sun, but it wasn't a competition.

Why would "science" (which as an entity does not exist) ever have anything to do with divine revelation? Covet the church? BS!! Ridiculous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality