Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 12:01 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times

Advertisements

What if religious people suddenly discovered that God wasn't outside of them, something to be worshipped or prayed to, but an integral PART OF THEMSELVES -- and that by going to church and listening to what OTHERS said about God, they'd been turning away from Him all their lives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 09:41 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Oh it exists now. But it was purposely populated after Jesus was said to have died. It wasn't a city when Jesus was said to be alive.

The expression 'Jesus of Nazareth' is actually a bad translation of the original Greek 'Jesous o Nazoraios' - 'Jesus the Nazarene'. Nazarene wasn't a place, it was a description of the Jewish-Christian sect – a faction, or off-shoot, of the Essenes.

But I would appreciate Daniels, Whoppers, Mirca, or some other person knowledgeable about this issue to chime in.
You are correct, Jesus of Nazareth is a mistranslation of Jesus of the Nazareans
You are also correct, Nazareans were an offshoot of essenes. Plenty of evidence that the historic Jesus may have been one, as evidenced by his nomadic ministry and close following who seemed to all live together.

Boxcar Wins. Again

Old 05-20-2012, 12:22 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Plenty of evidence that the historic Jesus may have been one,.....
"historic Jesus"?? What "historic Jesus"???

Old 05-20-2012, 02:19 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
What if religious people suddenly discovered that God wasn't outside of them, something to be worshipped or prayed to, but an integral PART OF THEMSELVES -- and that by going to church and listening to what OTHERS said about God, they'd been turning away from Him all their lives?
Well, for starters, if they were females, they wouldn't call it 'Him'.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:24 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Jesus was FAR different than most people think!

Well, while I may see Jesus and the Nazorenes as part of the Pharisee movement rather than the Essene movement, I think we can agree that any real (or 'historical') Jesus is certain to have been a Jew and an observing Jew and not a sabbath - breaker and rubbisher of kosher food laws as 'most people think' because of the gospel story.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:14 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
After a life time of contemplation I believe you are on to something. We must avoid the full idea that "we are god"- Our intelligence dictates that is can never be true and is out of order.

Often wondering about the idea of holy spirit- or the essence of GOD. I finally understood that God likes to take a life time ride in your body and look out of yur eyes..I believe that this all powerful entity gets a little kick out of being human for a few moments. Jesus never blurted out the idea that he was GOD himself..others tried to pin this blaspheming on him..Christ knew that God does and can reside in every person. That was part of his message.

I remember going through a period of transformation...I was on top the material world- Had a good income- a very interesting job...nice vehicle- a great family- and a sweet little house in the country in a type of gated community...It was a heavenly place with little roads through the forest..a pretty little lake...BUT there was something missing...The truth- and what reality was as far as human existence.

One night I was taking the north road into the community..it was very dark...and I said a little prayer..."Let me be you for a few moments" - I wanted to know what it was like NOT to be human..I respected the fact that God grants all if asked...It was not a Satanic request of rebellion...So- as I drove along - for about 30 seconds I got to be divine- stood in God's shoes as they say- It was remarkable...but as a human being if you stayed in that state to long- you would cease to exist and disappear.

This kind of divine existence is not in need of a body..or even a world as we know it...It was a strange and intense period I was going through..It was about wanting to KNOW...It changed my life- Being human is kind of tragic in the fact that we have god like qualities and that we are mortal and it comes to an end-

The trick is to know your place- to be in order and to be lawful as far as the human condition is concerned - to respect the knowing that you are but a bit of flesh and you are temporal...It is not so much about submission or surrender...it is about reality- that you are a temporary creature...who will never attain godhood..but will have a taste of the divine - kind of like a father allowing his son a sip of forbidden wine.

Religion is put together as a way of humiliation of humanity- and barring them from entering the realm of the divine...It is an evil device of control---SERIOUSLY speaking religion for the most part can only be described as SATANIC...on the part of those that control it. Christianity was supposed to be a state of mind where you could get to the father through the instructions of Jesus Christ....It was not so much that Jesus was the son of God- He was like any off us - adopted- not adopted by God- but adopting God as your father....

Once the father is at the head of your existence- all is in order and all is righteous and the more chances will arrive for this miracle of earth to be the heaven it was designed as.

Clue- "There are violent men that try to take heaven by force (violence or coersion)"

This stunning bit of scripture --IF there are MEN or (human beings) in heaven- then where is heaven? It is here...for there are no men in other heavens.....

Look at the void of space and imagine yourself a disembodied spirit moving on the deep- and you came to this Eden- this earth- It is a miracle...and those that attempt to play God - damage this heaven- they will never own it but in the meantime they are so damned irritating.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Interestingly, Jesus body was not formed by any humam male cromozones, blood, cells or anything that is included within the male sperm.

Do you know what this implys?

What God put inside of Mary was literally " From another planet!" A whole different dimension of reality than human.

Think about that.
Oh, are you a mormon?

Old 06-09-2012, 05:55 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh, are you a mormon?
FYI, Mormons don't believe Jesus Christ was "from another planet." They believe He was in Heaven with His Father prior to His conception and birth to the Virgin Mary.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:12 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Jesus was popular before he even came to earth, know your old testement history.

Paul and his friends were admitted followers of Jesus, students of Jesus, believers in Jesus.

John the Baptist felt he was not even worthy to Baptise Jesus.

Your perspective is seriously lacking true biblical understanding. Know your bible!
Wait a a second!! I know MY Old Testament. And the Jewish people that it was written to/about still dont think Jesus was all that! It is only speculation by John The Baptist that Jesus was some sort of Savior. I dont believe he offered any proof.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:06 AM

419 posts, read 435,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
The birth narratives are not considered historically all too accurate.
Of course they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality